• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

karting in Phoenix

hi guys --

Putting the word out:

You may not know that Phoenix is home of one of the best outdoor kart facilities in the country. Phoenix Kart Racing Association (www.pkra.com) manages an outdoor track in north Phoenix (Pinnacle Peak & I-17). The multiple configuration track (12 corners in the current configuration) features technical corners, high speed straights, and a banked sweeper.

http://pkra.com/?page_id=61

The track is a dedicated kart racing track with the speed and traction beyond anything you could achieve at an indoor kart facility that you may have driven at in the past. This type of driving is the closest to Formula 1 type acceleration and cornering speed that us mere mortals can achieve.

The major benefit of kart racing is the exceptional value compared to other racing of this degree. For example, the cost to run at the track is only $10.00. The kart is also much less expensive to keep maintained than a car and of course much less expensive in the case that it is damaged.

This weekend is the first race event of the fall series with races following every couple of weeks. The track is open nearly every day for practice and there are always helpful people available to give you tips along the way. A good way to check it out to determine it's something you may be interested in is to visit the track during the day to see the karts in action, or take a couple hour introductory school at Bondurant (www.bondurant.com).

I run a Tony Kart TAG ("touch and go") kart in the Senior TAG class. It is a great opportunity to keep up and improve skills for road racing. Every time out is an eye opening experience to realize what G forces you can push yourself to while keeping your right foot in it!

If you have any questions, let me know, or visit PKRA's forums here:
http://pkra.com/Forums/category-view.asp

Cheers,
-- Chris

main.php

main.php

Yea....Chris I mentioned carting a month or so ago and no one was interested. Hell sometimes I dont even know why im so attached to that car anyways, my damm wheelchair wont even fit in the trunk. Good luck on finding any takers

Back