• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Katie's Cars & Coffee (Saturday)

The 1951 Cunningham. Didn't talk to the owner of that car though, so I can't tell you anything about that particular Cunningham.

It was actually a pretty neat day for classic cars. As I am not a photo pro, my pictures are limited but there was a super cool lincoln continental as well as a 12V biggy lincoln in addition to a ton of other neat classic cars. DJ Sippel always does a nice job of capturing the event - his photos are here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.655154991166526.1073741834.553914137957279&type=1

Last edited:
Gonna try to go tomorrow. Haven't been to Katie's in a while, so I'm looking forward to it.

Can't make Katie's but plan to make Fair Lakes Sunday if its sunny in the morning.

Anyone brought out a silver NSX with Honda badges? We saw you in the overflow lots at the Katie's C&C.

Anyone brought out a silver NSX with Honda badges? We saw you in the overflow lots at the Katie's C&C.
Here's a photo of it:
katies612013.jpg

Ah nice! Was this your first Katie's C&C?

Won't be there this weekend but the week after I should be good.

Ah nice! Was this your first Katie's C&C?

Won't be there this weekend but the week after I should be good.

Yea, Its about a 40 min drive for me so I made sure to go on a guaranteed nice day. I work in Tysons and drive my car there almost every day though. If anyone wants to hang out in the area I'm always down for that as I enjoy driving.

Last edited:
Anyone up for Katie's this weekend? Looks like rain but may just be in the afternoon if that is the case I will be going. Car has been in pieces for the last 2.5 months so ready to start getting out again.

I'm gonna try to go out there Saturday morning. I've not been in a while but this weekend Saturday early is all I've got time for.

Went out early this morning; Katie's had a good showing. There was a Countach as well as a healthy mix of old school cars and newer fancy cars. I met Scott (sschnell?) in his red NSX about halfway through. Gonna do Fair Lakes tomorrow as well and Kingstowne on Monday night.

Nice pleasant day today, had some great conversations and looked at lots of nice cars. Here's a few that I got photos of:

27mi.jpg

l8x3.jpg

3btk.jpg

9et8.jpg

uf9n.jpg

What's hiding behind this big crowd of people?
tvxu.jpg

This doggy knows!
9x1s.jpg

that has to be a chunked up owner! Thats great that some very rare exclusive cars get shown.

I saw the Bugatti on the road in Reston yesterday. Though not a big fan of the car in these colors it was startling and elegant.

Last edited:
I'm thinking more like Fair lakes on Sunday. Since retiring, I'm moving too slow that time of morning!

I am going to be on the Left Coast this weekend. Will miss both Katie's and Fair Lakes but will do some fine dining in San Fran. See ya next time around, perhaps. Have good time.

Arrived pretty late in the morning, but there were still a good selection of cars there:

x4su.jpg

3rna.jpg

3zy8.jpg

Fun shot of the new and the old..
bwpx.jpg

jytg.jpg

The real unique car for me was the Ford GTX1. This is a customized Ford GT with a targa top. Looked sharp,
y2tf.jpg

89hd.jpg

jgh4.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I'm just finding it harder and harder to make the run from Culpeper and be there early enough to make it worth the trip. Old age I guess!

Dave

was the owner of the white countach from the Harrisburg Pa area ?

was the owner of the white countach from the Harrisburg Pa area ?
Perhaps, but I would be a bit surprised as he is something of a regular at our meet. It is possible he owns two homes though, because I can't imagine running that countach back and forth from Harrisburg. Next time I see him I will ask though, I have been meaning to strike up a conversation and ask a bit about the car. He tends to hang around it and is always very friendly and answering questions.

Back