• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Katie's Cars & Coffee (Saturday)

I am heading to Katie's and Fair Lakes this weekend. My brother from Arizona is visiting and is a car guy. Weather permitting we will hit both venues. He sees more vintage and hot rodded vehicles in his climate. I think he will be surprised by the wide variety of vehicles these two gatherings bring together. I might even try for tonight's Chic-fil-a get together in Sterling.
Anyone else free this weekend and making the rounds?

I'll be missing another weekend of meets; we're doing an impromptu trip up to Toronto this weekend. I might however try to check out that Chick-Fil-A meet in Sterling this evening.

Nice turnout today with 5 NSXs in attendance. Four of us all gathered and hung out a bit, but the 5th car was a mystery to us. Its the first photo below, so if its yours speak up! Katie's of course did not disappoint with the collection of stunning cars, below is a handful of the cars which found their way in front of my camera lens:

dp4q.jpg

This brilliant Kaiser Darrin has clever pocket doors (see photo 2). The sun did me the favor of providing shadows that complimented the cars wondrous curves.
ijp8.jpg

avxa.jpg

Lovely restoration work done on this Alfa:
1cyj.jpg

prcp.jpg

This classic Maserati was breathtaking, sadly the photos fail to do it justice (you should have been there!)
mnar.jpg

Wonderful stingray:
6e48.jpg

This is a rare bird. I see plenty of its hard topped cousins, but a SuperAmerica doesn't come along as often.
oi8j.jpg

We all turn in to children when a Countach and an F40 sit side by side
8hcm.jpg

The brand new Viper made its appearance as well. The interior is handsomely upgraded, but the car retains it distinctive shape. I will admit that I walked right past it without realizing it was the new model. That is a good thing as the bold styling of the Viper was always part of its charm in my book.
jzv6.jpg

Lovely photo record of some of the best that were there. Great eye and composition. If she finally says yes, will you be the photographer?

Last edited:
Good showing today; Audi Corporate brought out the new RS7 and it looked like there were pre-meet meets for Porsche and Corvette clubs going on. I didn't see any other NSXs though. Ah well:

1231447_10151686919244412_2103474107_n.jpg

Plenty of eye candy at Katie's this weekend. There were 3 NSXs in attendance, one with rock star parking while the other two were tucked away in the back parking lots. Local guys, come on out and join us and bring your rides!

This Viper ACR was all business and looked simply awe inspiring crouching on the pavement:
c3m0.jpg

This brilliant GTO looked like we never left the 60s:
dy90.jpg

The Vanquish looks extremely sleek in person. This one had a bold red interior. Surprisingly small car though.
zoic.jpg

Someone was kind enough to bring a 458 in my preferred color combo:
2vka.jpg

Someone else was demonstrating their creativity with this California. The exterior of the car was white ~ I would have thought blue would go better with the interior, but hey they paid for it and they can have it as they want:
nq84.jpg

I never get tired of staring at Diablos
mvsi.jpg

Finally, there were a pair of C7s there which was my first glimpse at the car. It looks great in person and is unmistakably a Corvette.
nt0a.jpg

oibp.jpg

yb2q.jpg

oibp.jpg

8q57.jpg

Nice show this past weekend. The C7 was back and poor Roger was bombarded by questions even before he could get himself out of his car!

Here's a few photos I took. The first of course just screams October, so how could I not take it?

pm91.jpg

Well appointed F-type:
os4n.jpg

Legendary rally car in full glory
fj3o.jpg

Didn't talk to the owner, but based on a quick internet search this is a circa 1937 Alvis. I wanted to get a photo inside the engine bay because they have a factory installed mallet in there so you can bang on the engine in frustration when it stops working.
4ryr.jpg

V10 Audi R8. Fabulous machine
18h3.jpg

Cold morning this Saturday and some people chose to hide in their cars with the heat on.

tknv.jpg

This White/Red Testarossa was so fabulous that it deserved two photos:

iw9x.jpg

m8bh.jpg

MP4-12C in its iconic Orange (picture came out kinda grainy :( )
ypxf.jpg

Friend of mine just picked up a C63 with the Edition 507 package and an M Series conveniently parked next to it for some great side by side shots in the early morning sun:
eqd5.jpg

ojmg.jpg

oihj.jpg

And that's the end for today
twdw.jpg

Great pics - geeeez, you guys get some great automobiles at the C&C up there! Nothing like that down here in Virginia Beach. Thanks for sharing. Good photography too. Jay

what time does one have to show up to Katie's in order to have a decent parking spot?
Between 6AM-6:30 is typical. As the weather grows colder, the spots open up. In the summer you can sometimes be shut out prior to 6AM.

Great pics - geeeez, you guys get some great automobiles at the C&C up there! Nothing like that down here in Virginia Beach. Thanks for sharing. Good photography too. Jay
Thanks! We are extremely fortunate around here with Katies - really spoils you when you go to other places. The added bonus is that the snob factor at Katie's hasn't gotten that high yet. I really hope it remains pretty low key, but you never know.

Last edited:
I also enjoy the corporate support; last week BMW brought out a new 4-series and VW has previously brought a Bugatti and new Audi RS models.

It'll probably be a subdued crowd tomorrow, 11/23, but I'll go out and be at Katie's. I've been sending around an annoying group text broadcast with weather conditions before the Katie's and Fair Lakes C&Cs ~ if you guys wanna get in on the list, PM me your phone number. Besides being annoying, it is also actually pretty good for coordinating attendance among the seven of us NSX drivers on the group text.

I'm putting the announcement up everywhere, don't worry. Our FB group is getting it too.

Really miss getting out to see you guys but Katie's is too early a drive from Culpeper....and the weather looks pretty iffy for Sunday. I'll PM you my phone number; I'm not into FB.

Dave

We had unusually warm weather this weekend (high 60s) which brought out car enthusiasts from the area. Here is a quick selection of who was out:

One of my all time favorite cars, the 1971 Intermancia Italia. It is absolutely stunning visually and goes like a bat out of hell. Very rare, and priced around $200k (and up) assuming you can actually find one for sale. Another shot of it below

6j2p.jpg

x7n9.jpg

Our NSX Crew
5c7w.jpg

Fabulous first edition Porsche 911
p5me.jpg

Nice looking Austin Healy 3000. For sale too
h8kr.jpg

GTR Invasion!
is49.jpg

This Rat Rod is a common fixture at our car shows and it got in the holiday spirit for this weekend!
dq7f.jpg

Shelby Series 1 looking sharp in red.
03c6.jpg

Back