• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kenwood DDX5032M + Bluetooth GPS module ?

I am an expat in the middle east and here they dont have any navigation head unites that support middle east maps. Luckels i found the DDX5032M unit and has navigation "capabilities" but as mentioned on their site i cant tend to find the KNA-G431 unit anywhere either. So can anyone give me a few good indash 2DIN head unit choices that support touch screen + dvd / divx playback + GPS where i can load my own maps or something of that sort.

I have a nokia GPS module i use for my phone will that work with the DDX5032M unit's bluetooth ? I own a ford focus and i am really eager to buy a good nav unit for my ride. Any links/help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Where in the middle east are you?

In DXB, but i travel most of the time on weekends to oman, bahrain, fujairah, hatta etc. So i need the GPS to help map the way. My N95 does a decent job but not quiet a travelers swiss knife in a way.

Cheers.

BTW, i had applied for a saudi visa, but didnt get it. How is saudi as a place in terms of fun places and some decent party grounds ?

In DXB, but i travel most of the time on weekends to oman, bahrain, fujairah, hatta etc. So i need the GPS to help map the way. My N95 does a decent job but not quiet a travelers swiss knife in a way.

Cheers.

BTW, i had applied for a saudi visa, but didnt get it. How is saudi as a place in terms of fun places and some decent party grounds ?

Go to Navtech.com - they list some aftermarket headunits with maps that cover all the GCC countries/kingdoms.

Not surprising you can't get a Saudi VISA, you have to be invited to come here and sponsored either by the government, a company or a familiy member. Your not missing anything, there is nothing to do here. Among the things that are illegal let me just name a few for you -

Movie Theatres
Clubs
Bars
Alcohol
Dating
Prostitution
Drugs
etc.

Most if not all of these are jailable offenses if not worse such as lashings or even in the most extreme case public beheading here at Riyadh square.

This is a dry country from every aspect, unless you have a reason to come here don't waste your time. Your better off in Dubai, Cutter or Bahrain where your not likely to get yourself into trouble based on your inquiry above.

WOW ! thats a long list. But i wouldent judge the country by its rules. Heard loads of stories, but being an indian born and brought up in the middle east (DXB), its always been a good experience here, except for now when just too many expats come in for the oil money and not to appreciate whats in.

Thanks for the link buddy, will check it out and let you know if i make a decision :)

Cheers.

Hate to break this to you but DXB or rather Dubai is not the Middle East - it may be located in the Middle East but, and I say again BUT only 20% of the people that live there are actually local Emirate people - that city culturally can be described as more of a western/European city blend.

All you have to do to understand that is look around, there are clubs, bars, girls running around like they do in Europe and the USA not wearing an Abaya, dating, tourism - etc. That is not true Middle Eastern behavior within any sense of the imagination. Dubai is a dream city to live in when compared to the rest of the Middle East - its like living in Europe or the States with legal indentured servants comprised of Egyptian, Pakistani, Indian, etc.

One last thing - I can almost guarantee if you heard any stories saying this place was a great tourist attaction they were BS. You sound young, forget about Saudi and go somewhere else fun; Bahrain has everything you need - well actually Dubai has everything you need. If your looking for travel go to Europe, Bosnia, USA, London, Spain etc - you can actually see something in those places worth remembering.

Oh yea, not to beat you down or anything but I'm an American, if it wasn't for EXPATS coming to Dubai and other places in the Middle East, Dubai wouldn't exist as it does today.... Hate to say it that way but it's true, Dubai is out of Oil in a few years and had to do something - so they opened the border, let the world come in and modernize the place and there you have it. You got to grow up in one if the nicest, fastest growing cities in the world with some of the highest technology deployments in history to date.

Being an Indian, you should ask your parents why and how they came to Dubai. They are technically EXPATS too; not everyone is there for the OIL money, they are there for the Construction, Service and Financial Sectors - the oil is running out so there is no more money to be made....

Last edited:
Back