• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids' Day is back on!!!!!!!!!! July 23 and 24th, 2013

Great news!!!!!!

An exception has been made for the NSX Club of America, and only the NSXCA, to be permitted to drive the kids on the track at The Glen on Kids' Day. Given our history with the camp and the children, we are the only authorized group outside of actual Track Masters HPDE registrants who will be permitted to take the kids in the cars on the track. All others will be told that the kids can look at their cars but they will not be permitted to drive them on the track.

Needless to say, this is great for us but even better for the kids. Now we need to live up to our reputation and make a good showing, both in attendance and in behavior.

Now more than ever we need to ensure that our drivers exhibit exemplary track driving. For those of you who are coming for the first time and have never driven on the track, that will mean a little homework to familiarize yourself with a general understanding of the track. I will post a video showing a hot lap, something that WE WILL NOT DO with the kids, to give you an idea of the layout.

We have also been extremely fortunate to be invited to have dinner with the kids at the camp on Keuka Lake tuesday evening, July 23 (the track event is July 24). We are the only car club ever to have been invited to do this and we had a great time in 2011 when we went. The kids still talk about getting hats and nsx swag from some of our members and are looking forward to seeing us again.

The President and Founder of the Camp, Gary Mervis (started in memory of his daughter Teddi who lost who battle with cancer in the 1970s) has extended this invite to us and now it is time to repay the favor and come out in force.

The campers attending this event come from around the world and either are currently undergoing treatment for cancer or are in remission at the moment. Some are so poor and come from such isolated areas of the world that they have never seen any type of sports car. Let's make the week extra special for them.

Information about the camp may be found here: http://www.campgooddays.org/

We generally all try to stay at the same hotel here: http://www.thefallsmotel.com/fll2_ld.html (mention you coming with Trackmasters to get a discounted rate)

Please support this extremely worthy cause and you will not be disappointed. We need to tell the camp how many of us are coming for dinner so please RSVP here ASAP and make your hotel reservation asap as well.

<object id="vp1LSeBq" width="432" height="243" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://static.animoto.com/swf/w.swf?w=swf/production/vp1&e=1370540432&f=LSeBq64RUnTrSRC8D1Ylkw&d=0&m=p&r=240p+480p&volume=100&start_res=360p&i=m&asset_domain=s3-p.animoto.com&animoto_domain=animoto.com&options="></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed id="vp1LSeBq" src="http://static.animoto.com/swf/w.swf?w=swf/production/vp1&e=1370540432&f=LSeBq64RUnTrSRC8D1Ylkw&d=0&m=p&r=240p+480p&volume=100&start_res=360p&i=m&asset_domain=s3-p.animoto.com&animoto_domain=animoto.com&options=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="432" height="243"></embed></object>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MMmoFvcB-bI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
RSVP LIST: (please indicate whether you will be bringing a guest)

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
6. Tytus (although probably in a P car but we made the exception for him since he is registered for TM)
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter Mills

Last edited:

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
6. Tytus (although probably in a P car but we made the exception for him since he is registered for TM)
7. Pbassjo
8. Evans​

So to be clear this is for only NSXCA members and their cars. Not a NSXCA member? Then no go. (JOIN!)

So to be clear this is for only NSXCA members and their cars. Not a NSXCA member? Then no go. (JOIN!)

For those who have not been privy to the behind the scenes craziness trying to get this to happen again this year, we have been given the exclusive right as a group to have this privilege of driving the kids on the track. This was based in part upon our 12 years of involvement with this event combined with the recognition by the camp and it insurance carrier that we are an organized car club with a responsible "track record" (pun slightly intended). It didn't hurt that we were able to wave around an NSXCA CGL insurance policy for club activities.

Based upon that, we do ask that at least for the benefit of the children if you are not already a member that you join at www.nsxca.org for the low price of only $40 for a one year membership. You would get the quarterly magazine and other club benefits which is always nice but you would also be doing something special for these kids (and yourself - ask prior attendees) and also fit within the unlikely "just in case" scenario where someone might ask if all of our attendees are covered under our policy.

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]

Looks like peter and I were chiming in at same time - so I added both of us.
I gave him the lower number, age before beauty.​

Last edited:
sweet, I appreciate the effort to get this through. Will clear the time off with work and hope to attend, so count me as a tentative yes.

This is really a special event, not just for the kids, but for us as well. While the drive up and back, two days off from work, staying in a hotel, all might seem like a lot, trust me, putting a smile on these kids faces is well worth it. The fact that the camp has invited us once again to join them for dinner, means that we have the opportunity to spend even more time with these kids, get to know them a little before the buses arrive at the track, and let them know that even if just for a little time, they can forget what they've been going through. It means a lot to them, and you'll get to feel that just maybe, you made a little difference, by sharing your love and passion for a car with them. Thank you Bob and Larry for not giving up!!!!

And for those who might be a bit over-protective of their nsx, this event is not one where we put our cars behind velvet ropes. When at the camp, the cars are open for the kids to sit in and, if like last time, engage in spirited horn honking. We are there for them and we encourage them to try their favorite color on for size.

The Hawk will be there No Hawkette Reservation made at the Falls Motel
Ginnie has changed her appointments, so she will be at the dinner. Please add her to the list.
Do we have a departure time from the Falls Motel for Camp Good Days?
THANKS

Last edited:
The Hawk will be there No Hawkette Reservation made at the Falls Motel

Any chance we can get some hats for the kids?

- - - Updated - - -

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]
10. The Hawk

Usually when I talk to Mike he has been able to provide. I'll try and get one for Bobbie too !!

This is really the most rewarding experience you can have with your car and kids. If you haven't been before, come once and I promise, you'll come every year&#55357;&#56397;

Great work on getting this done, I've attended a similar one day event (on the streets) in the Toronto area and it's very rewarding. Unfortunately I have visitors from The NL's coming for a week and they still may be here on those days..........if they leave early enough I will drive down and join in the fun. Would love to be there, but can't exactly kick them out......or can I??

Great work on getting this done, I've attended a similar one day event (on the streets) in the Toronto area and it's very rewarding. Unfortunately I have visitors from The NL's coming for a week and they still may be here on those days..........if they leave early enough I will drive down and join in the fun. Would love to be there, but can't exactly kick them out......or can I??
You'll have had enough of them after the weekend, kick them out and come join in the fun!!!!

That is great to hear. Nice work guys. I am a member of the club, but my NSX is for sale. Would I still be able to participate in this event in a differnt car, other than a NSX?

That is great to hear. Nice work guys. I am a member of the club, but my NSX is for sale. Would I still be able to participate in this event in a differnt car, other than a NSX?

Yes, you can bring another car...What car? I bring my 996tt as that is my DD and track rat, since I attend the 2 day DE event as well, otherwise I would bring the NSX if I were just doing the Kid's day event only.

I am all registered for the event and booked at the Falls. What time is the dinner? Bob, post up the address to the Camp as well as I will be coming from work and may need to arrive at the camp a bit late.

Tytus

The address is in the camp link in my first post.

We should be at camp early enough before dinner to do a car show on the lawn like last time. Ideally we should arrive as a group to make the best entrance and also make it easier for the camp to accommodate us traffic wise and get us on the property without too much of a fuss since the kids will all be running toward us.

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]
10. The Hawk
11. Sduffass "no guest"

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]
10. The Hawk and Le Hawkette
11. Sduffass "no guest"
12. Frank & Jan Tuhy

Last edited:
Back