• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids' Day is back on!!!!!!!!!! July 23 and 24th, 2013

The address is in the camp link in my first post.

We should be at camp early enough before dinner to do a car show on the lawn like last time. Ideally we should arrive as a group to make the best entrance and also make it easier for the camp to accommodate us traffic wise and get us on the property without too much of a fuss since the kids will all be running toward us.

Counselor, how about a target time?

Counselor, how about a target time?

I am thinking by 4:00 pm but we still need to finalize our plans with the camp director. This has taken a lot of hoop jumping to get approved and has happened so quickly that now we still need to work out all the other details.

I am thinking by 4:00 pm but we still need to finalize our plans with the camp director. This has taken a lot of hoop jumping to get approved and has happened so quickly that now we still need to work out all the other details.

No sweat Bob, plenty of time until 7/23!!!!

As posted by Camp Good Days on their page today:

"Thursday, June 27, 2013 would have been Teddi Mervis’ 44th Birthday. In 1979, Elizabeth “Teddi” Mervis was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor at the age of nine. Her father, Gary, with the help and support of many friends and community members founded Camp Good Days and Special Times to provide Teddi and other children with cancer the opportunity to come together in a residential camping experience, to be with the only ones who could truly understand what they were going through – other children with cancer. Teddi lost her battle on February 27, 1982, but her memory and legacy lives on through the many programs and services, and the children and families at Camp Good Days. We celebrated her birthday with our campers at Jr. Good Days. Happy Birthday Teddi."

Mary and I are looking forward to it! Special thanks to our club officers for being persistent and putting this together despite all the hurdles this year.

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
6. Tytus (although probably in a P car but we made the exception for him since he is registered for TM)
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]
10. The Hawk and Le Hawkette
11. Sduffass "no guest"
12. Frank & Jan Tuhy
13. Roadkilchef & Mary

BUMP TO GET UPDATED LIST

I know there were more who indicated during the River Run that they were trying to go so please RSVP here so we make sure you are the guest list.

As an update, I am running in to issues with work that I am desperately trying to get resolved but it is sort of touchy at the moment and I am not sure how it will play out. Really trying to avoid getting last minute information, but it is going to revolve around what a big client of ours is going to do and that is just out of my control.

Some people were on the fence so I just wanted to get everyone to reconfirm because we need to submit our guest list to the camp and track.

- - - Updated - - -

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
6. Tytus (although probably in a P car but we made the exception for him since he is registered for TM)
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter Mills and The Lovely Sylvia Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]
11. Sduffass "no guest"
12. Frank & Jan Tuhy
13. Roadkilchef & Mary
14. Bob Maurer
15. Jesse Loucks

Caravan thread to be started shortly

- - - Updated - - -

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]
11. Sduffass "no guest"
12. Frank & Jan Tuhy
13. Roadkilchef & Mary
14. Bob Maurer
15. Jesse Loucks
16. Mike and Karla Lynch

Last edited:
Last edited:
Some people were on the fence so I just wanted to get everyone to reconfirm because we need to submit our guest list to the camp and track.

COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]
11. Sduffass "no guest"
12. Frank & Jan Tuhy
13. Roadkilchef & Mary
14. Bob Maurer
15. Jesse Loucks
16. Mike and Karla Lynch
17. lunchman

I've been wanting to participate in this and somehow was always busy or I'd signed up and it was cancelled due to track paving. This year I plan on attending.

-lunchman

I've been wanting to participate in this and somehow was always busy or I'd signed up and it was cancelled due to track paving. This year I plan on attending.

-lunchman

Sent you a PM Dom to see if you are joining us for dinner as well. Also, are coming solo or with a guest?

1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter and The Lovely Sylvia Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]
11. Sduffass +1
12. Frank & Jan Tuhy
13. Roadkilchef & Mary
14. Bob Maurer
15. Jesse Loucks
16. Mike and Karla Lynch
17. lunchman

Great response for this worthy cause! Can we get 20 cars and set our personal best for attendance????

As a reminder, we stay at the Falls Motel so if you haven't made a reservation yet you should do it now. Mention you are coming up with Trackmasters to get our discounted rate.

http://www.thefallsmotel.com/

Last edited:
1. RSO 34
2. RPM217
3. RJD1022
4. Larry B
5. DocJohn
7. Pbassjo
8. Peter and The Lovely Sylvia Mills
9. Evans [silver2002 ]
11. Sduffass +1
12. Frank & Jan Tuhy
13. Roadkilchef & Mary
14. Bob Maurer
15. Jesse Loucks
16. Mike and Karla Lynch
17. lunchman
18. Hondacbx (track only)

I'm trying my best to attend the lunch and event around the track (with the kids) but won't have a firm answer until my Guest from the NL are here and we see if we are in town...sorry, but might be last minute but if I can make it I WILL.

I'm trying my best to attend the lunch and event around the track (with the kids) but won't have a firm answer until my Guest from the NL are here and we see if we are in town...sorry, but might be last minute but if I can make it I WILL.

Geez, retired life is tough on schedules. Kick the bum out and get your butt over the border!!!!

bums.........all three of them - I'll REALLY try.

I just came across this thread and can't get the time off, but if it happens again next year I would love to help out and attend, great work what you guys are doing. Proud to be a member of a forum that does these kind of events.

This may be redundant, but it may help newbies from getting lost. A note on the camp location. 2 years ago my Magellan GPS pointed me to the wrong side of the lake. (Its about 5 years old and I've never updated it). However, MapQuest was right on. The exact address I entered in MapQuest was: 58 W Lake Rd, Branchport, NY 14418-9654.
Its 36.89 miles & 50 minutes from the Falls Motel.

Get ready for a big smile on your and their faces!

This may be redundant, but it may help newbies from getting lost. A note on the camp location. 2 years ago my Magellan GPS pointed me to the wrong side of the lake. (Its about 5 years old and I've never updated it). However, MapQuest was right on. The exact address I entered in MapQuest was: 58 W Lake Rd, Branchport, NY 14418-9654.
Its 36.89 miles & 50 minutes from the Falls Motel.

Get ready for a big smile on your and their faces!

Thanks Frank, especially for the mileage info. I had forgotten it was so far from the motel.

We will plan on leaving from the motel at 3:00pm and head up the camp as a group.

Back