• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kudos and thanks to Ramon at Niguel Motors

I'm a die hard Autowave advocate and even though there are several closer places (three Acura dealers and Niguel Motors) to me, I've always recommended and taken the car to Shane.

But... today my wife and I headed up to Pacific Whey Bakery in CDM for a late breakfast. We thought we might catch the tail end of Crystal Cove. Great breakfast but as we get set to leave, I have a problem.

My driver's side door won't open from the inside. That's right. My wife has to get out, walk over and let me out. We try several times and nothing. Well, I'm screwed because its' 11Am on a Sat. and I can't very well drive a car that I can't get out of without help (for some weird reason the car wouldn't even open if I rolled down the window and opened the outside latch from inside the car. Not enough leverage or the wrong angle... who knows"?).

I was about to take it to MV acura because I know Autowave is closed when I think about Ramon. On a whim, we call him from the 73 toll road and he tells us to come on in (he used to service my car for the previous owner and so knows the car).

He's about to close but takes a few mintues to pull open the door panel, adjust and tighten the problematic cable... shakes my hand...tells me no charge and have a nice weekend.

What a great guy and what great customer service. My hat is off to him and I wanted to publically acknowledge his kind gesture.

BTW - PV MIke was there getting his 91 worked on and it looked sharp. Makes my dirty car look like crap! (waxing it tomorrow).

So thanks again to Ramon.

You've shared the same experience as many others have with Ramon. He's a sharp and honest mechanic with a good heart. He does a lot of little things that he should charge people for but he doesn't. Last time he helped me out, I gave him the right tail lamp off my car because he had a crack in his.

His shop is so busy nowadays, I hope he's making a fortune. :)

Ramon is honest, friendly, knowlegable and service oriented. What else do we want!
He is the best.

Autowave: I am certain they are good, but are expensive as well. Ramon delivers at least the same quality of work if not better, at reasonable price with great service, flexibility and availability.

SuperSpeed said:
Ramon is honest, friendly, knowlegable and service oriented. What else do we want!
He is the best.

Autowave: I am certain they are good, but are expensive as well. Ramon delivers at least the same quality of work if not better, at reasonable price with great service, flexibility and availability.

No offense to Ramon (remember I started this thread) but he does not offer the same quality of work.

My car was previously serviced by Ramon (under the previous owner) and Ramon did a good job. But... there were little details (over tightening here, too much fluid here, etc.) that weren't 100% correct. Any other car and I wouldn't mind. But for me... and only me... I prefer having things 100% correct on the car and Autowave does that.

Again... no disrespect intended to Ramon because he does good work at fair prices and has exhibited a real customer service attitude. But he does not offer premium work. Then again, he doesn't charge premium prices either.

Christian,

It was nice to finally meet you in person! Ramon is a great guy; I don't know any other mechanic who'd take time out of their busy day (and on a Saturday no less) to help out a customer at no charge.

And what's this talk about your car being dirty? It was damn near perfect! As we were looking at the *1* blemish on your car, pondering whether it was worth painting the entire fender to cover the rock chip, I was thinking I'm glad my car is not undergoing this scrutiny. :redface:

Hope to see you again!

Mike

pvmike said:
Christian,

It was nice to finally meet you in person! Ramon is a great guy; I don't know any other mechanic who'd take time out of their busy day (and on a Saturday no less) to help out a customer at no charge.

And what's this talk about your car being dirty? It was damn near perfect! As we were looking at the *1* blemish on your car, pondering whether it was worth painting the entire fender to cover the rock chip, I was thinking I'm glad my car is not undergoing this scrutiny. :redface:

Hope to see you again!

Mike

Same here Mike. Always happy to meet another Berlina Black owner. Make sure you look me up next time your down this way!

Be safe and enjoy that ride.

Back