• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW Suspension recommendations

I wanting to drop the ride height of my 98 about an 1.25" and add aircups to the front. Can you accomplish this with the V3? I've seen that others say there might be issues with the standard V3 springs with front cups. I saw a recommendation to get the Clubsport spring for the front as it's shorter it total length giving the space to fit cups and keeping the spring adjuster high enough to clear the upper A arm. Is this correct?

Next question is the difference in the shock between the V3 and the Clubsport? It's a big jump in price but you only get stiffer springs and nice top hats for a $1000 price hike. I can buy the iLift tops from SoS for $320 and all new springs for $340. That's a lot less that the adder between the 2 kits. I am missing something in the price differential?

Thanks everyone. I really need some advice on the best way to achieve my goal. I plan on doing some SCCA autocross events, but it's mainly a cruiser. I need to hit the right stance and be able to lift it when I need. Currently running 16/17 wheel but plan on jumping to 17/18 in the future.

I wanting to drop the ride height of my 98 about an 1.25" and add aircups to the front. Can you accomplish this with the V3? I've seen that others say there might be issues with the standard V3 springs with front cups. I saw a recommendation to get the Clubsport spring for the front as it's shorter it total length giving the space to fit cups and keeping the spring adjuster high enough to clear the upper A arm. Is this correct?

Next question is the difference in the shock between the V3 and the Clubsport? It's a big jump in price but you only get stiffer springs and nice top hats for a $1000 price hike. I can buy the iLift tops from SoS for $320 and all new springs for $340. That's a lot less that the adder between the 2 kits. I am missing something in the price differential?

Thanks everyone. I really need some advice on the best way to achieve my goal. I plan on doing some SCCA autocross events, but it's mainly a cruiser. I need to hit the right stance and be able to lift it when I need. Currently running 16/17 wheel but plan on jumping to 17/18 in the future.

You may want to look at the BC Racing setup with the aircups. I believe Ravi at Umbrella sells them.

Did we know that? was there ever a RIP thread?:frown:

belated condolence to his family/friends...

I found all the part #'s for the springs and shocks for KW. The shocks are different part numbers, so I would think it's safe to assume they are valved differently for the higher rate 8kg springs of the Clubsport vs the 6kg of the V3. I opted to purchase the V3's and get the SoS top hats.

Back