• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW Suspension Variant 3 for 91-05 NSX

Hi everyone. I just wanted to offer you guys a new product we now carry and will be offering to the NSX community. We feel it's one of the best suspension kits offered for the NSX at any price range! PM us to place your order! The intro price will be offered to the first 5 customer! First come first serve. In stock! Thanks NSX Prime!

KWSuspensionsLogo-1.gif

KW V3 Coilover kit for NSX 91-05
Original Price $2599.00

-PM me for intro price!
-Previous customers will receive an additional 5% off our price!
-Free Shipping!

Variant 3 race technology for the road
The Variant 3 is state-of-the-art technology for the skilled and experienced driver. The
separate and independent compression and rebound damping options allow a truly
individual driving set-up. These unique systems with the 3 individually adjustable
components, allows for adjustment of the compression of the damper in the low-speed
range, while the high-speed set-up, so decisive for driving comfort, has been pre set by our
engineers.

• Independently adjustable damping technology
-rebound and compression damping
• “inox-line“ stainless steel technology at no extra charge
• Individually height adjustable
• TÜV-tested adjustment range
• High-quality components for long term durability
• Detail instructions for ease of use
• Infinitely adjustable rebound damping
• 14- level adjustable compression damping
• Unique, independently functioning damping
power adjustment

sstp_0907_01_zproductskw_suspension.jpg

Re: KW Suspension Variant 3 for 91-05 NSX!

MUHUHUWAHAHAHAHA... Can't wait...

Got the shipping tracking number. Looks like if it doesn't get lost in the mail, I should be receiving this part tomorrow. Again, thanks ProSpeed.

Got the shipping tracking number. Looks like if it doesn't get lost in the mail, I should be receiving this part tomorrow. Again, thanks ProSpeed.

Few more hours.... tick tock.... tick tock.... :smile:

I just got these and had them installed. THEY FEEL AWESOME!!! Can't wait for the alignment tomorrow. Thanks ProSpeed!!

After the alignment from West End Alignment in Gardena, this setup is amazing. The ride comfort is very very close to OEM, yet when taking tight turns, it stiffens up better than my previous Buddy Club Racing Specs. I wish these came out sooner, but patience pays off. Here are some pictures of the install. One thing to keep in mind, you must use the stock washer and top hat. Or you can buy them from KW, but a little more expensive.

Just arrived from "overnight parts from Japan." I guess I should say Germany instead :biggrin:
DSC00029.jpg

Here is the old setup...
DSC00030.jpg

Here is the new and improved setup... Gotta love the Laker's colors
DSC00031.jpg

With the rims...
DSC00033.jpg

And the aftermath...
DSC00025.jpg

Last edited:

Must......Resist......Temptation! haha

I'm really getting tired of my TEIN's....a bit too stiff for my taste.... ugh so many toys to buy! lol

Does anyone have any experience with the new type-s vs type-r vs this kw suspension. I used to run a JIC and before that a Tein. I always find that the suspension is either too tight or it gets that bounce when I go over bumps...which I hate! It's almost like a wave..the shocks dont dampen the bumps properly...so either you get too soft or too hard. Also, anyone know how much the GT-one suspension is? I heard Tsuchiya has an amazing suspension on his nsx-r that is softer then the OEM but just as good in handling if not better at high speeds...I don't know if thats being sold though :S. Any info would be great.

Thanks guys,

Waqaas

Does anyone have any experience with the new type-s vs type-r vs this kw suspension. I used to run a JIC and before that a Tein. I always find that the suspension is either too tight or it gets that bounce when I go over bumps...which I hate! It's almost like a wave..the shocks dont dampen the bumps properly...so either you get too soft or too hard. Also, anyone know how much the GT-one suspension is? I heard Tsuchiya has an amazing suspension on his nsx-r that is softer then the OEM but just as good in handling if not better at high speeds...I don't know if thats being sold though :S. Any info would be great.

Thanks guys,

Waqaas

I have been in NSX's with the type-s/ type-r (NSX-r)/ KW and can tell you the KW's are the most comfortable and stock feeling. Tsuchiya has the DG-5 suspension for what I understand and the spring rates 9k front and 14k in the rear. Those are significantly stiffer than the ones that come on the factory or KW suspension. I haven't been in a car with that suspension so I can't tell you how they ride or handle... maybe someone can chime in? :smile:

I have been in NSX's with the type-s/ type-r (NSX-r)/ KW and can tell you the KW's are the most comfortable and stock feeling. Tsuchiya has the DG-5 suspension for what I understand and the spring rates 9k front and 14k in the rear. Those are significantly stiffer than the ones that come on the factory or KW suspension. I haven't been in a car with that suspension so I can't tell you how they ride or handle... maybe someone can chime in? :smile:
+1 on the V3's having a better ride quality than the mentioned options.

If those spring rates are true, I highly disagree with the spring rate choice on the DG5, especially when you consider the car's motion ratios and wheel rates. Are they really that high in the back? Does not make sense to me...

Waqaas: The problem you are feeling is a fairly high spring rate with damper that does not control it well. The "bouncing" you are feeling is when you are riding on the spring - the damper isn't controlling the spring. Then when you stiffen the damper, it increases high and lowspeed compression and/or rebound which makes the ride super stiff and jarring with no happy medium -very common with coilovers from asia. Also the lack of droop travel compounds the problem.

Billy

Maybe the 9/14 bias helps the slow speed well under the limit rotaional feel of those that street 215/275 setups. I wouldn't want to track on such a setup. Actually I wouldn't want to street such a setup as it must be pretty painful running a 14kg rear spring. :p :p :p

Maybe the 9/14 bias helps the slow speed well under the limit rotaional feel of those that street 215/275 setups. I wouldn't want to track on such a setup. Actually I wouldn't want to street such a setup as it must be pretty painful running a 14kg rear spring. :p :p :p

I agree with Stuntman view on the DG-5 spring selection. Just typing 14kg rear springs makes my back hurt! :biggrin:

I wonder if Hoa could chime in since he is the only person I know who has them on an NSX.

I agree with Stuntman view on the DG-5 spring selection. Just typing 14kg rear springs makes my back hurt! :biggrin:

I wonder if Hoa could chime in since he is the only person I know who has them on an NSX.

Not only that but you would be doing a lot of unintentional drifting if you actually pushed the car around a turn.

Not only that but you would be doing a lot of unintentional drifting if you actually pushed the car around a turn.

That's why Tsuchiya aka Drift King Endorses it! :smile:

Ok, so looks like you guys know your stuff! Basically I want to get good handling but still be able to drive the car around the city. My JIC was set on 4 (1 being the stiffest) and that was ok for everyday driving even with the terrible cali bay area roads. In a nut shell I was torn between the nsx-r and type-s setup. Then the KW introduction just got me confused...any recommendations? JIC's and TEIN's do not impress me at all as per the explanation stuntman offered. Thanks a lot for all the info guys! Feel free to PM me if you feel that commenting on KW on their vendor site isn't kosher! ;)

Also, if I had to sacrifice a bit of ride quality for performance..I would take the performance. I.E. if KW was better and smoother but was 10% less in performance than type-r, I would take the type-r. So suggestions?

Waqaas.

Last edited:

Ok, so looks like you guys know your stuff! Basically I want to get good handling but still be able to drive the car around the city. My JIC was set on 4 (1 being the stiffest) and that was ok for everyday driving even with the terrible cali bay area roads. In a nut shell I was torn between the nsx-r and type-s setup. Then the KW introduction just got me confused...any recommendations? JIC's and TEIN's do not impress me at all as per the explanation stuntman offered. Thanks a lot for all the info guys! Feel free to PM me if you feel that commenting on KW on their vendor site isn't kosher! ;)

Also, if I had to sacrifice a bit of ride quality for performance..I would take the performance. I.E. if KW was better and smoother but was 10% less in performance than type-r, I would take the type-r. So suggestions?

Waqaas.

As far on what is better then the other it really depends on how the car is set up and what you want. If you want to have a nice stock ride with performance the KW suspension is one of the best on the market right now. If you don't mind a slightly harsh ride the type-r is nice but doesn't have the adjustablility in rebound, compression and ride height... so you need to factor everything in to your decision. PM me if you have any more questions, ill be happy to answer them for you!

Last edited:

As far on what is better then the other it really depends on how the car is set up and what you want. If you want to have a nice stock ride with performance the KW suspension is one of the best on the market right now. If you don't mind a slightly harsh ride the type-r is nice but doesn't have the adjustablility in rebound, compression and ride height... so you need to factor everything in to your decision.

Well then the question becomes... with adjustments made, can the KW get you the same or similar performance as the type-r, assuming all other things equal?

Well then the question becomes... with adjustments made, can the KW get you the same or similar performance as the type-r, assuming all other things equal?

I don't see why not and why it couldn't exceed the type-r performance with the adjustability it offers.

I don't see why not and why it couldn't exceed the type-r performance with the adjustability it offers.

Do you know anyone that has compared it against type-r on the track by any chance? Also, stuntman mentioned the reason for the 'bounce' effect I felt on the TEINs and JICs. Does the KW suffer from that as well?

Back