• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW V3 Shock Length?

Need some measurements. Can anyone with some KW V3 laying around measure the below and post here:
  1. The distance from the center of the bottom mount hole to the top of the rod (not including the adjuster)
  2. The length of the damper bodies (not including the lower mount)
  3. The length of the shock rod sticking out of the tube
  4. The length of the front and rear springs
  5. The length from the top hat to the bottom of the upper spring mount
@R13 do you still have your old ones?

KW.jpg

Thanks!

*Edit* added picture

Last edited:
@Honcho

1) F - 22.25" R - 21.75" (Center of hole to tip of rod, adjuster does not sit proud on these)
2) F - 13.5 R - 12.0" (bottom of tube to top of cap as installed from factory)
3) F - 7.5" R - 8.375" (Cap to tip, again, adjusters don't sit proud on mine)
4) F - 6.69" R - 8.0" (Caveat that front springs were brand new, unused, Rear spring was the longer of my two take-offs 90k miles, so some height loss possible)
5) I may not be able to get this figure and it may be different for your top hats if they're as-pictured. I re-used stock top-hats and that approach re-uses the OE rubber top bushings. I think I might have an extra set, so might be able to mock that up if it's useful.

Last edited:
@Honcho

1) F - 22.25" R - 21.75" (Center of hole to tip of rod, adjuster does not sit proud on these)
2) F - 13.5 R - 12.0" (bottom of tube to top of cap as installed from factory)
3) F - 7.5" R - 8.375" (Cap to tip, again, adjusters don't sit proud on mine)
4) F - 6.69" R - 8.0" (Caveat that front springs were brand new, unused, Rear spring was the longer of my two take-offs 90k miles, so some height loss possible)
5) I may not be able to get this figure and it may be different for your top hats if they're as-pictured. I re-used stock top-hats and that approach re-uses the OE rubber top bushings. I think I might have an extra set, so might be able to mock that up if it's useful.
Thanks. Do you know with the KW if you're able to set the factory ride heights? I know most people lower with them, but with the BC, for example, the highest you can set them is about 10 mm lower than stock.

Unfortunately I can't measure the current ride height right this second to know for sure (should probably document this stuff better, I know, I may have, but just can't find it). Best memory is that I'm towards the top of the adjustment range and about 3/4" lower than stock. That aligns with what SOS has published with the ranging being ~0.8" lower as a minimum. You can definitely set them "functionally" high, but probably not factory-exact.

Unfortunately I can't measure the current ride height right this second to know for sure (should probably document this stuff better, I know, I may have, but just can't find it). Best memory is that I'm towards the top of the adjustment range and about 3/4" lower than stock. That aligns with what SOS has published with the ranging being ~0.8" lower as a minimum. You can definitely set them "functionally" high, but probably not factory-exact.
Thanks Richard- after speaking with Billy, I'm going to have the MCS shock bodies lengthened to match the KW sizes. He thinks that should get me to the NSX-R height no problem.

Back