• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lake Geneva Lunch and Drive - Sunday, June 10th, 1:30

We're less than a week away from the Lake Geneva drive and I wanted to give you all a few important updates.

The NSX Club of America is supporting our event this year by covering your lunch at the Geneva Inn for current NSXCA members. If you're an active NSXCA member, find Jake Cole before lunch to get your food voucher. This is a nice perk afforded by membership with the club. If you're a member of the club, thank you. If you're not a member, please consider joining!

PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE GENEVA INN WITH A FULL TANK OR AS CLOSE TO A FULL TANK OF GAS AS POSSIBLE. The drive this year will be around an hour long but there are no stops planned along the way. There will be a restroom at the end of the route but make sure you and your guest go before we depart the Geneva Inn.

So shine your cars and get ready! It's going to be a great day!

Last edited:
Another reminder for tomorrow's meet: please be on time! The restaurant is planning on us taking our seats at 1:30 sharp. For the Illinois guys caravanning from the Lake Forest Oasis, we'll meet at 11:30 and leave around noon. People driving directly to the Geneva Inn plan on arriving a little early...please! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I made the following post a few days ago, but due to being a new member it had to be approved by admins. I was finally able to clear things with moderators to get the post to show up. In case anyone did not notice it got added to this thread, here is my post:

"For those that do not know me, my name is Dustin and I will be attending and assisting with the cruise portion of this event.

I have a wonderful treat for you all, I have revised the route for the cruise and you will not be disappointed. Compared to the previous years we will be bypassing congested "stop and go light" city streets, we will be hitting many more twisty/curvy roads, and we will be driving 30 additional miles. The roads are mostly rural country and farm roads in good condition. The route information will be given to the group leaders in a digital format.

We will no longer drive in a single large pack in favor of driving in multiple groups. Each group will consist of up to 11 cars split up by 5 or so minutes. Each group will have a lead car that will guide a designated group of 10 through the route. I will have sign up sheets for everyone to choose which pace they want (rabbit or turtle).

On the day of the event, I will host a mandatory drivers meeting shortly before cruise departure that will answer all of your questions. It sounds silly to mention it as we all know we will be talking cars all morning, but I highly suggest everyone arrives to the Geneva Inn with a full tank of fuel and before we leave for the cruise everyone uses the restroom.

I'll see you all next weekend!"

In addition, due to the growth of participants attending this event we will need a few people to potentially lead a group of drivers through the route. I would like to talk directly to anyone interested tomorrow at the event.

After lunch, look for my 2006 Laguna Blue Pearl S2000, we will host the drivers meeting near the car after we all eat. I will see you all tomorrow!

Anyone from WI interested in driving down to the Geneva Inn, a group of us are meeting at noon at the Tractor Supply Co.

Tractor Supply Co.
857 S Rochester St
Mukwonago, WI

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the successful event.

The weather was such crap in the city, I couldn't get myself motivated to get the car out, my loss.

I have to say, it was a great event. Between having the regional and national NSXCA officers in attendance to having our tech guru Big Johnny-V at our table, the day couldn't get much better. Then, rain hater (rain h8r above) and Jake (Badcura) took us on an epic cruise that tested the limits (legal, of course) of my car in the rain. My bladder was also tested (two liters of water, 80 or so miles of twisties later...painful.)

Tons of great people to chat with, including many new faces. Lunch was great, too.

Nice job Jeff. You really put a nice event together. I am up for another one, maybe we all go west to the drift less region? I hear they have some scenic vistas over there.

I have to say, it was a great event. Between having the regional and national NSXCA officers in attendance to having our tech guru Big Johnny-V at our table, the day couldn't get much better. Then, rain hater (rain h8r above) and Jake (Badcura) took us on an epic cruise that tested the limits (legal, of course) of my car in the rain. My bladder was also tested (two liters of water, 80 or so miles of twisties later...painful.)

Tons of great people to chat with, including many new faces. Lunch was great, too.

Nice job Jeff. You really put a nice event together. I am up for another one, maybe we all go west to the drift less region? I hear they have some scenic vistas over there.
I appreciate the kudos, but the "heavy lifting" on this was really done by Jake (working with the Inn), Dustin (planning and implementing the drive) and Visal (for bringing so many of his friends!). Thank you everyone for coming, and thanks to Jake and the NSXCA for helping with the cost of the lunch. Leaving home yesterday, I had my doubts about the weather but it really did improve once we arrived at Lake Geneva (as in dry roads) though we admittedly hit some rain on the ways from and back to Chicagoland. It was cool to get to meet so many new people and get to know some familiar ones a little better! There were a lot of nice cars present, too. My only complaint about this is that we don't do it more often! It's hard enough to get all of the Illinois guys together, and we "flatlanders" are lucky to see many of the "cheeseheads" more than once per year. If any of you guys want to gather again later this summer or fall, I'd be all over it!

Thanks Jeff for pulling this together - also big thanks to those who helped coordinate at the Geneva Inn. The guys I brought were all very happy and honored to be riding alongside us. They wanted me to relay how much of an awesome group of owners we have. We represent the NSX community of owners very well and it shows - they definitely want to be a part of future events (White GTR black edition owner + family and the white 300ZX owner + family). Ivar with the RHD NSX is humbled to be a part of this event and already has made contacts with John Vasos for potential supercharger build. Was a pleasure seeing familiar and new faces, until the next one guys! Take care and be drive safe

I am happy to see many people had a great time. The only way it could have been better was to have clear skies. Thanks for the great time everyone!

Fantastic pics, thanks

Welcome to the site

Gotta have some Gen 2 representation at these events

Luke - Nice browse through your beautiful photos. THANKS from Michigan looking in. :biggrin:

Back