• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Last drive of the year 11-20

LATEST UPDATE

The drive is on.:smile: We should be done with drive well before the rain comes and chances are it will come even later than the current reports show.:wink: See everyone in the morning.

I was just looking at the hourly report and it looks like after noon to one, the rain will come. See you in the morning. :smile:

Just got off the phone with Les. We've been watching all the weather channels and it looks like the real rain won't appear until late afternoon. We are going for it.

So the meeting spots are 8:30 in San Juan and 10AM in Wildomar. We'll watch the weather closely tomorrow morning and tailor the route to the weather. I've already called the restaurant and we are set for lunch the restaurant is;

Barley & Hops Olde World Tavern
31045 Temecula Hwy
Temecula, CA 92592
951-303-0333

Some of you may back out due to tire setup or fear of getting your garage queen wet. We understand. But if we postpone this run, we won't be able to recreate this drive until March due to the weather. Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

As to Patty's request for radios, hopefully there will be some with radios and I know that some are getting some of the used radios at the San Juan hookup spot. We should be OK. Sleep tight!

Last edited:
<TABLE id=yuievtautoid-0 class="twc-forecast-table twc-second"><TBODY><TR><TD class="twc-col-1 twc-animated-icon" rowSpan=2>
26.png
</TD><!-- Column 1 --><TD class="twc-col-2 twc-forecast-when">Today</TD><!-- Column 2 --><TD class="twc-col-3 twc-forecast-when">Tonight</TD><!-- Column 3 --><TD class="twc-col-4 twc-forecast-when">Tomorrow</TD><!-- Column 4 --></TR><TR><TD class="twc-col-2 twc-forecast-icon"></TD><!-- Column 2 --><TD class="twc-col-3 twc-forecast-icon"></TD><!-- Column 3 --><TD class="twc-col-4 twc-forecast-icon"></TD><!-- Column 4 --></TR><TR><TD class=twc-col-1>Cloudy </TD><TD class="twc-col-2 ">Rain</TD><!-- Column 2 --><TD class="twc-col-3 ">Rain</TD><!-- Column 3 --><TD class="twc-col-4 ">Partly Cloudy</TD><!-- Column 4 --></TR><TR><TD class="twc-col-1 twc-forecast-temperature">49°F</TD><TD class="twc-col-2 twc-forecast-temperature">58°</TD><!-- Column 2 --><TD class="twc-col-3 twc-forecast-temperature">46°</TD><!-- Column 3 --><TD class="twc-col-4 twc-forecast-temperature">62°</TD><!-- Column 4 --></TR><TR><TD class="twc-col-1 twc-forecast-temperature-info">Feels Like: 49° Get FREE weather on your desktop
</TD><!-- Column 1 --><TD class="twc-col-2 twc-forecast-temperature-info">High</TD><!-- Column 2 --><TD class="twc-col-3 twc-forecast-temperature-info">Low</TD><!-- Column 3 --><TD class="twc-col-4 twc-forecast-temperature-info">High</TD><!-- Column 4 --></TR><TR><TD class="twc-col-1 twc-line-precip">Past 24-hr:
Precip: 0 in
Snow: <!-- 0.0 -->0 in </TD><!-- Column 1 --><TD class="twc-col-2 twc-line-precip">Chance of Rain:
100%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Guess I'm out.

Yes, be safe out there. Me and regan were gona roll and it started drizling sat night and in chino hills it started again now at 330. I hope everyone is safe, but after almost crashing in malibus random rain storm, im out. 70 percent by noon is pushing it. Hope to see everyone soon, well b4 a drive in march ;)

So....I woke up this morning and the ground is wet, roads are wet BUT I see intermittent blue skies. Forecast is still calling for rain to develop in the afternoon. If anyone in the San Diego area is still going and would like to meet for the short drive up the 5 call me @ 760-717-5800 and we will pick a spot in Oceanside off the 5 for a rendezvous then continue to the group meeting spot. I'm still in for this run unless it is actually raining when I pull out of the garage.

Everyone be safe. Patty is sick, so she's out. 100% chance of rain here in the IE by noon, so for the safety of my NSX, I'm out.

And, no, not safety from rain drops, safety from the rear end sliding out and slamming into a guardrail or hillside...

So....I woke up this morning and the ground is wet, roads are wet BUT I see intermittent blue skies. Forecast is still calling for rain to develop in the afternoon. If anyone in the San Diego area is still going and would like to meet for the short drive up the 5 call me @ 760-717-5800 and we will pick a spot in Oceanside off the 5 for a rendezvous then continue to the group meeting spot. I'm still in for this run unless it is actually raining when I pull out of the garage.

I'm taking the 15 and meeting you guys at the Jack in the box :).

B@t™

Hi all,

Sorry for the late notice but I think I'm out - I'm coming down with something and already hearing reports of spotty rain down here - so it just seems like a better idea to stay in. Definitely looking forward to the next opportunity to get together with the group and meet everyone. Have a great and safe drive.

Chad

Hi all,

Sorry for the late notice but I think I'm out - and already hearing reports of spotty rain down here - so it just seems like a better idea to stay in. Definitely looking forward to the next opportunity to get together with the group and meet everyone. Have a great and safe drive.

Chad

All the above for me as well. Looking forward to the fotos.

Be Safe. No slippin' and slidin' out there...

Heavy rain in Trabuco Canyon at 1:30, hasn't stopped. Weather seems to be moving south, hopefully stayed clear for the drive. We're all waiting for the pictures now :biggrin:.

Just got back from the drive, started raining heavily as we were headed back home after 2pm, but no rain during the drive which was nice.

Thanks Les and everyone else who help put the drive together. It was fun! :biggrin: It was great meeting everyone as well! Anyhow, looking forward to the pics.

David

Thanks to the other 11 cars who came and braved the clouds while on the drive and some rain on the way home. A good time was had as always and great to meet some new people along with some of the regulars. Also want to thank JC for his help in organizing this drive and making all the arrangements for that great lunch we all enjoyed. Pics and video coming soon.

BTW A 5 minute wipe down and the car looks as good as it did when I pulled it out of the garage this morning.

Last edited:
I'm home and am so glad I didn't bail out. The drive was great with scenic, twisty, rollers. I'm really glad I wasn't a passenger or I would have hurled. I loved my chicken sandwich with BarBQue sauce. We got a little mist a few times on the drive but no rain. I got some light rain on the way home but sailed all the way.

Les, you're the master route picker! JC, thank you for your contribution too. I know you drove the route with Les and arranged the delicious lunch.

What a friendly bunch of people we have.

Folks, it was my pleasure to assist Les in setting this run up. I too, am glad that the weather held off until we were well on our way home. I ran the 76/5 with Patty and it misted a couple of tiimes but no real rain. I even had time to wash down the car and put her in the garage before the rain came down. She is now up on car jacks as I take out the steering rack. More on that later.

I'd like to thank Les for coming up with another fantastic route. Up, down, fast, slow, right, left but most importantly safe and scenic. Great road. I'd also like to thank my naviguesser for not getting any of us lost! Her pics will be up tomorrow. And thanks to Scott for the radios. They did their job.

Hope everyone got home safe and I look forward to the next time our paths cross.

Last edited:
Back