• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leak in SOS Coolant Tank

I have started to notice a very small amount of coolant on the outside the corner of my SOS coolant tank right along the seam of a weld. It is on the lower right corner of the tank that faces the center of the car. I am thinking that a pinhole leak may have developed beause I cant see it coming from anywhere else. Has anyone had this problem? If so, is there any fix other than having it replaced or rewelded?

Thanks,

Nate in DC

*UPDATE*

I just got a call back from SOS. They indicated that every now and then they have a problem with the polished tanks. Apparently, the polishing sometimes jeapordizes the integrity of the welds. SOS will repair it for a small fee if I send it back to them. I may just try to have it done at a local shop to avoid the downtime. I hope this helps if anyone else has the same problem.

Nate in DC

Last edited:
hi Nate -- I'm glad we can take care of you. I'm sorry for the confusion, but what we said is that we had only had one failure before (which happened to be a leak on the weld) and it happened to be a polished tank. The polishing process does not compomise the welds.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
-- Chris

Chris,

Sorry, I may have misunderstood you a little. I love your product and am anxious to get the leak fixed. After having your tank, I dont want a stock one. Thanks for your phone call and suggestions.

Sorry for confusion,

Nate

Back