• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leather Treatment

O.K. you guys, we've beat waxes to death now what's your take on leather treatment? I've tried Connelly's "Hide Food" and both of Zaino's leather products and feel there's got to be something better! Let's hear it....please.

Like waxes I use only Meguiars. I like it because it doesn't leave the seat all slimy and slippery, like some others I've tired. Plus its from Meguairs so it has to be good stuff.
smile.gif

Zymol makes a product for leather called Treat. I really like it. It contains collagens and stuff that's supposed to be great for the leather.

However, I also think that other products made specifically for leather (such as the previously-mentioned Lexol, which you can buy in many shoe repair and luggage places) are excellent.

Zymol makes a product for leather called Treat. I really like it. It contains collagens and stuff that's supposed to be great for the leather.

Oh, and it smells like BANANAS - mmmm!

More information about Treat, taken from Zymol's website at http://www.zymol.com/treat.htm

Sunlight, heat and everyday use will permanently damage the delicate finish of
your leather upholstery.
The denaturing process of leather tanning
removes precious moisture residing in the hide. Introducing solvent-based conditioners accelerates aging in leather upholstery and trim. zymöl Treat Leather Conditioner is a solvent-free, banana-oil and collagen-based feeding product that releases trapped solvents and restores moisture to keep your leather looking, feeling, and smelling like new.

Contains Beef Collagen, Banana Oil, Lemon Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Cocoamide, Lecithin and Aloe Vera Extract.

Heck, I've got perforated, fake "suede-like" material in my NSX. What the heck do you do to maintain that?

--twc

Vegetable oil.

And vinegar.

And some perforated, fake lettuce.

For that special, limited-edition NSX, the one named after Alex Ensalada.

biggrin.gif

I read somewhere probably here that the leather surfaces are coated from the factory and will not benefit from anything other than water??? Anyone heard that?

Back