• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leatherseats.com Spring Sale!!!

AU_NSX: For a consumer, it would be cheaper to use synthetic suede over authentic leather, especially automotive grade leather. There are several reasons why we charge extra for suede, here are a couple of them:

1. We buy our leather in bulk, and we buy our suede only when needed; our leather is less expensive for us then our suede.

2. The suede is harder to work with then the leather, which results in more time spent on the kit to make it right, and more cost for us to build it.

In the end, it to cost us roughly $80.00 more to use synthetic suede as opposed to leather when building an NSX kit.

I see you offer seat heating systems with your packages. I've been waiting for someone to offer seat coolers. Any chance you have something like that available? :biggrin:

rbirling: Our supplier for our seat heaters and massagers just started carrying seat coolers! We have some on the way that we are going to test first to make sure they meet our standards, and if so we will be adding them to our line-up of products! I'll keep you updated.

Bill - just sent you an email regarding different suede options for the seats, as in an entirely suede seat (front & sides). Looking to get an order in by the end of this week :smile:

Have you done a ivory seat? These seats were available for the 91/92 NSX. I'm looking for one done with red stiching and NSX logo (in red) in the head rest. How much would something like that cost?

Bill,

1. Can you do a Honda (H) emblem embroidery in the headrest?

2. As an expert on leather... Do you know if perforating the leather reduces its strength and/or durability?

Thanks in advance

Mike

kjhNSXdreamer: We've had a few customers use our "Bone" color, but I haven't compared them in person. I can send you some samples if you email me your mailing address. The price for that kit would be $619.00 shipped.

AU_NSX: Yes, we can do the "H" logo. Its the same price, $20.00/logo. As for the perforation, anytime you poke holes into something it makes it inherently weaker; however, we haven't had any issue with perforated leather wearing faster then non-perforated leather. Leather is very tough, and is very hard to rip/tear. The perforation makes it weaker, but not by much. Also, we offer a three year warranty against defects. In addition, about 60% of the kits we sell have perforated leather. If you would like to see a sample of perforated leather (for testing purposes :wink: ), just send me an email with your name and address and I will send it out to you.

leatherseats.com said:
nsx1164: I don't carry that color. I'll have to do some research to see if I can find that color hide. We have some other reds that I can send you samples of, just email me your name, mailing address, and what colors you would like to see and I will send them out to you.
I was out-of-town the past 11 days and just received the "red" samples in the mail.

The "Boxster Red" sample is pretty close to what I'm looking for. Please confirm that it is available in smooth and perforated leather... Also please advise of pricing; I realize we've missed the original "spring sale" dates, but hopefully some of the promotional pricing is still available.

I can be reached via email at mcantoria "at" gmail "dot" com.

Thanks -- Manuel

nsx1164: The Boxster Red sample is the exact grain that the hide will be. That sample is OE Porsche leather. I'll send you an email with pricing.

leatherseats.com said:
kjhNSXdreamer: We've had a few customers use our "Bone" color, but I haven't compared them in person. I can send you some samples if you email me your mailing address. The price for that kit would be $619.00 shipped.

AU_NSX: Yes, we can do the "H" logo. Its the same price, $20.00/logo. As for the perforation, anytime you poke holes into something it makes it inherently weaker; however, we haven't had any issue with perforated leather wearing faster then non-perforated leather. Leather is very tough, and is very hard to rip/tear. The perforation makes it weaker, but not by much. Also, we offer a three year warranty against defects. In addition, about 60% of the kits we sell have perforated leather. If you would like to see a sample of perforated leather (for testing purposes :wink: ), just send me an email with your name and address and I will send it out to you.

Has anyone with IVORY interior ordered the "Bone" color and compared? Pics would be great.

kjhNSXdreamer said:
Has anyone with IVORY interior ordered the "Bone" color and compared? Pics would be great.
Take them up on the sample swatches. That would be the best way to confirm the match. When I did my Legend, I had them send my a bunch of different swatches in colors close to what I needed. It is a good thing too because the color you think would be right simply going by the name often is way off. The only way is to hold that swatch right up against what you are mathcing it too and see for yourself. The colors on the computer monitor often change the shade ever so lightly as well.

Back