• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leatherseats.com Spring Sale!!!

Dear NSXPrime members,

We have decided to run a "Spring Sale" for NSXPrime forum members with a Month long special package price on any NSX interior! We will be accepting orders until the 16th of April, so you have to act fast! There is no minimum number of people before we start processing orders, so the sooner you order, the sooner you get your leather! These kits come with cover for both front seats and matching vinyl for the doors. This offer is only good for NSXPrime members, and this is our way of helping you spend your tax refund :wink: ! You can reach us toll-free at 1-866-NEWSEAT. Feedback is more than welcome!

NSXGB02.jpg

What is premium factory leather? And would you post installed nsx photos? thks

Texas91Brent said:
What is premium factory leather? And would you post installed nsx photos? thks
PM me if you want to see my seude leather kit intsalled in my 92. I'm absolutely sure I was the very first NSX owner with a leatherseats.com kit. :biggrin: Probably because I sent them my seats for the pattern. I dealt with their salse guy Eric in that case. Either way, I am happy with the results. If you want pictures let me know. I'll try and post whatever type of picture you want. Well, I'm not taking apart my seats again so don't ask for the backside pics of the leather :biggrin:

diablo2469: Yes, we do shift boots but we don't have the NSX pattern. We would be more then willing to pattern it if someone sent in their shift boot. They are normally $49.95, however if we can get someone to send theirs in, we would gladly make theirs for free!

Texas91Brent: The "Premium Plus" upgrade is basically for leather sides. The $549.00 pricing is for leather facing on the seats, and the sides and back are matching vinyl. The "Premium Plus" upgrades the sides of the seat to leather, so only the very back panel of the seat is vinyl. This is what the factory has as far as leather content. As for pictures, here are some links to fellow NSXPrime members who have installed our seat covers.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47603&highlight=leatherseats.com
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28801&highlight=leatherseats.com

ChrisK: Thanks! I linked one of your old posts that has pictures in it, I hope you don't mind.

leatherseats.com said:
diablo2469: Yes, we do shift boots but we don't have the NSX pattern. We would be more then willing to pattern it if someone sent in their shift boot. They are normally $49.95, however if we can get someone to send theirs in, we would gladly make theirs for free!

Texas91Brent: The "Premium Plus" upgrade is basically for leather sides. The $549.00 pricing is for leather facing on the seats, and the sides and back are matching vinyl. The "Premium Plus" upgrades the sides of the seat to leather, so only the very back panel of the seat is vinyl. This is what the factory has as far as leather content. As for pictures, here are some links to fellow NSXPrime members who have installed our seat covers.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47603&highlight=leatherseats.com
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28801&highlight=leatherseats.com

ChrisK: Thanks! I linked one of your old posts that has pictures in it, I hope you don't mind.

bill, will send you my shift boot! please email or PM me with your shipping address and info.

Great photos...I know suede is all the rage right now, but how well does it wear? And do you miss that new leather smell? Do you like the suede on the armrest? Sorry so many questions.....Brent :biggrin:

Texas91Brent said:
Great photos...I know suede is all the rage right now, but how well does it wear? And do you miss that new leather smell? Do you like the suede on the armrest? Sorry so many questions.....Brent :biggrin:

So far there is no wear on the suede at all. Now, keep in mind I'm only 5'4" and getting a little chuby at 135 lbs, so I feel I put very little wear or stress on the leather when entering or exiting the car. I don't slide out but rather lift myself out of the seat. Anyway, I had doubts about the suede on the center arm rest cover, but fortunately I had a spare lid and I wanted this company to have a pattern, so I sent my spare in to be done. I have to be honest, I like it. I think it completed the whole leather/suede interior. As for the new leather smell? My car was a used 92 so pretty much any new OEM leather smell was gone. This particular NSX kit I got didn't really have the strong new leather smell as much as the kit I got from this company for my Legend about two years ago which still has the leather smell. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is the suede? I'll try and see if some of the local NSX owners want to post up their feelings about my interior. They all seem to really like it. Hopefully they were not just being nice to me :biggrin:

Maybe it's not even suede? There are tons of imitation suede on the fabric market. The look so real, most people can't tell the diff.

Henry.

Do they offer different color suede inserts?
Maybe someone can photoshop a few colors to get an idea of how they might look???
I bet red piping or red stitching would look hot in there. IMO

92NSX said:
Do they offer different color suede inserts?
Maybe someone can photoshop a few colors to get an idea of how they might look???
I bet red piping or red stitching would look hot in there. IMO

Here is a quote by leatherseats.com in one of my original topics about this.

leatherseats.com said:
Dear Members,

I just got off of the phone with Chris. He pointed me to this forum and eventually to this post. I can see that he did a great job on the passenger side install.

Just to confirm... the pattern has been officially available to the public since February 1st. The full retail on the kit is 649.00 and we have a set discount for all NSXPrime.com members that drops it to $579.00 for the full kit. We can do group buys if you guys are interested... I would have to work up the pricing. As Chris said... we can do embroidery work.

We have over 50 colors available all in automotive grade vat dyed heavy g-grain finishes. We also have over 30 colors of ultra suede, carbon fiber leathers in 3 colors, ostrich in two colors, and a few other exotic options. All kits come with a 3 year/36k mile warranty against any type of manufacturing or raw material defect. I have attached a pic of Chris's kit before it left our facility.

I would love some feedback on what you guys think.

Just to clarify on the suede, our suede is synthetic, as authentic suede isn't very durable and there isn't any authentic suede that is OEM approved. The suede that we use is approved for OEM use by Daimler-Chrysler. It is very similar to Alacantara, which is another brand of synthetic suede.

We have over 30 colors of suede, and we can send out matching leather samples to anyone that is interested in suede. Just email me your name, address, and what colors you would like to see! My email is [email protected]

Ahh, no wonder there is little to no smell. Oh well. still looks and feels good. No wonder it seems to last longer than my Coach suede jacket. It is a good thing for wear, but I guess those who want the real deal probably would be disappointed. I'm okay with it though.

leatherseats.com said:
Just to clarify on the suede, our suede is synthetic, as authentic suede isn't very durable and there isn't any authentic suede that is OEM approved. The suede that we use is approved for OEM use by Daimler-Chrysler. It is very similar to Alacantara, which is another brand of synthetic suede.

We have over 30 colors of suede, and we can send out matching leather samples to anyone that is interested in suede. Just email me your name, address, and what colors you would like to see! My email is [email protected]
Interested in a "terra cotta" type red, similar to faded brick. Porsche uses it as "Boxster Red" in their 986/911 and CGT; Mercedes uses a similar color on their sports/sporty cars.

Is this color available in either suede or smooth perforated leather ??

ChrisK: We can make the covers with any material, we just require the customer to send it to us if we can't find it. However, when we use materials that we don't normally carry, we can't offer our warranty as far as durability of materials is concerned. Glad to hear that you are still satisfied with your interior :smile: !

mackash: I'll look through our database of pictures to see if I can find a pic of that specific color combo. I don't think that we've done that before on an NSX, but I might have something similar.

nsx1164: I don't carry that color. I'll have to do some research to see if I can find that color hide. We have some other reds that I can send you samples of, just email me your name, mailing address, and what colors you would like to see and I will send them out to you.

j/w....do you guys happen to have the imola orange interior for the NSX?

djskyy: We have two different colors of Orange. I can send you both samples, just send an email to me at [email protected] with your name and address and I will send those samples out to you.

Edit: We sold Orange Leather to Deedubb for his Imola Orange NSX. We did NOT build this kit, but that is our Orange Leather. Here is his interior:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/10069seats.jpg

Last edited:
leatherseats.com said:

Just noting that your suede is synthetic. now I have no problem with that as i have my couch done in it... It is great stuff!

However, I noticed that this adds $85 to the price. And then another $80 for the yard if suede for the doors...

Shouldn't this reduce the price as less leather is being used?

Back