• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LED switchback bulbs for front turn signal.

I am looking to do some LED updates on the NSX. I was thinking about some white LED's for the front sidemarks lights. I then did some searching and got side-tracked with LED "switchback" bulbs that produce a white DRL light but then switch to amber once the turn signal is activated. Sooooo then I got thinking I would like both the parking light and the signal light to both be lit with a uniform bright white DRL light, but when I signal the switchback signal bulb would change to orange and flash. In order for that to happen I would have to somehow wire the turn signal to have constant power, but still retain the function of the relay so It would flash.

Any suggestions on how to wire the front signal with constant power, but then flash when activated?

If anyone have a nsx in southern california i can make a plug and play kit for them (consist of cutting the original socket and t taping wires wires)

I have everything to make it, I'm just looking for the right nsx (second month looking) to buy and do this mod. Its one of the mods i have collected in my house along with my collection of nsx parts =p

I am looking to do some LED updates on the NSX. I was thinking about some white LED's for the front sidemarks lights. I then did some searching and got side-tracked with LED "switchback" bulbs that produce a white DRL light but then switch to amber once the turn signal is activated. Sooooo then I got thinking I would like both the parking light and the signal light to both be lit with a uniform bright white DRL light, but when I signal the switchback signal bulb would change to orange and flash. In order for that to happen I would have to somehow wire the turn signal to have constant power, but still retain the function of the relay so It would flash.

Any suggestions on how to wire the front signal with constant power, but then flash when activated?

Did you every receive any info / figure out how to do this?, as I'd love to have this setup also...

When I was experimenting I did a set where the entire front indicator light was white for a day time running light and went yellow with the turn signals using the switchback lights. I just used a simple relay. It ended up not really working because the yellow would come on and then go back to white and then yellow then white with the turn signals. It just looked too crazy and busy for me. I am sure someone can digitally make it so that it will switch to yellow then nothing then yellow then nothing then white once the turn signal is turned off.

Hope this helps

-Alec

When I was experimenting I did a set where the entire front indicator light was white for a day time running light and went yellow with the turn signals using the switchback lights. I just used a simple relay. It ended up not really working because the yellow would come on and then go back to white and then yellow then white with the turn signals. It just looked too crazy and busy for me. I am sure someone can digitally make it so that it will switch to yellow then nothing then yellow then nothing then white once the turn signal is turned off.

Hope this helps

-Alec

Hi Alec,

That actually sounds very close - as I'm nowhere near being an electrician, I would have no clue on how to even begin with your suggestion, which sounds right on.
I did find another thread where they had done something similar (but still not exactly as you've described) & asked for their input.. hopefully if we hear back, it will help further..

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...gnal-LEDs-Retina-Searing?highlight=switchback

Cheers

I designed by perfect day time running lights + turn signals and this is why I abandoned what you are questing for. If I get some time after my cars winter transformation I may revisit this just to get it right.

The shift pattern in the video is absolutely perfect....... BUT I would run it like I have with my sets of front turn signals where either the whole light would be white then yellow or have 2 bars of white up top from end to end and then two rows of yellow on the bottom from end to end. I prefer the horizontal split to the vertical split they did in the video. If this was done 100% with white and yellow switchbacks there would be no need for a split.

-Alec

Last edited:
Back