• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

lets talk detailing supplies

Like most car enthusiasts I have lots of different products from a bunch of different manufactures.

If you go to ANY auto detail sales webpage, and read through it, you'll find every single item they sell is the best as what it does.

I would REALLY like to hear from those that have the knowledge just how many different waxes or ingredients can there be in a car wax?!

$50.00 a can of wax VS $100.00 or even $200.00 ??

I'm not so sure that there is a car wax that would be worth spending $200.00 on.

I've heard from one of the top detailers here in Washington state, that he like Meguires because they actually invest in their R&D dept. to help better their products. I also learned from this individual that he "polishes" the defects out of the paint and then "seals" the paint to help it look defect free afterwards.

White carnuba, yellow carnuba, *albino white elephant carnuba* hell I'm not so sure that its all that different.

Wax on, wax off! Discuss

Last edited:
Like most car enthusiasts I have lots of different products from a bunch of different manufactures.

If you go to ANY auto detail sales webpage, and read through it, you'll find every single item they sell is the best as what it does.

I would REALLY like to hear from those that have the knowledge just how many different waxes or ingredients can there be in a car wax?!

$50.00 a can of wax VS $100.00 or even $200.00 ??

I'm not so sure that there is a car wax that would be worth spending $200.00 on.

I've heard from one of the top detailers here in Washington state, that he like Meguires because they actually invest in their R&D dept. to help better their products. I also learned from this individual that he "polishes" the defects out of the paint and then "seals" the paint to help it look defect free afterwards.

White carnuba, yellow carnuba, *albino white elephant carnuba* hell I'm not so sure that its all that different.

Wax on, wax off! Discuss

Better have an asbestos suit when you open up this discussion, it has been discussed previously. We have all the Z---o vs Z---l threads and then a few others!!!!

newbie.gif

sorry about bringing up a dead horse.

The previously mentioned threads must have fallen off this section, as I did check before I posted.

From talking with others I think detailing supplies falls into "What you like."

I think almost every manufacturer has similar products to do similar work on our paint.

Back