• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ling's NSX Build

Aren't we all?? haha. Please post a review of the short shifter when you have a chance. Been considering the SOS/Cedar short shifter.

Also, any interest in a set of 17/18 forged wheels? Give you a discount since your name is also Andrew lol <---- shameless plug
Haha are the forged wheels thes ones from 95 or the 02-05 ones? BTW just installed the OEM short shifter lever and the Type-s shift knob. Here is the link: https://www.thensxshop.com/interior/acura-short-shifter-lever I need to take it back apart and add grease to the pivot joints. I personally don't feel a shorter shift, but it does feel better to hold than my stock shift knob though.

Haha are the forged wheels thes ones from 95 or the 02-05 ones? BTW just installed the OEM short shifter lever and the Type-s shift knob. Here is the link: https://www.thensxshop.com/interior/acura-short-shifter-lever I need to take it back apart and add grease to the pivot joints. I personally don't feel a shorter shift, but it does feel better to hold than my stock shift knob though.

I think that kit is just for a shorter shifter but not shorten the throw in your shift.

The wheels are aftermarket, not OEM.

I think the oem short shifter lever kit lowers the position of the knob. The threads on the lever go a lot lower.

Well its been three months since I last updated this thread. Nothing major has happened to my car except for CLEANING the car again and again. I jacked up the car and began scrubbing away at all the oem suspension pieces to get them to a like new look. The previous sprayed undercoating so its really hard to remove it, so i did my best on the control arms. The car was pretty clean to begin with so not too much cleaning was required. In April, I went to a car meet for NSX's and met a cool NSX owner named Bret. We both share the same concept of recreating a NSX as oem as possible. So I am on the hunt for all the right bolts and clips for the fender liner so that it can be PERFECT. IMG_3285.jpgIMG_3556.jpgIMG_3557.jpgIMG_3286.jpgIMG_3155.jpg

I apologize for the pictures. I have no idea why they are flipped like that. I clayed the car and used Powerlock sealant to coat the car. I left that on for 40 minutes before removing. I then waited 24 hours before applying colinate 845 liquid wax. This combination gives a really deep red look while at the same time offer protection for the paint. When I pressure wash the NSX, the water beads like crazy! I also conditioned and cleaned the seat using leatherique. The leather is still quite stiff so I will probably do it again this summer. I also used a black leather dye on Amazon to fix some wear area on my arm rest and seats. I used the arm rest as an experiment piece because I was going to buy a new one anyways. At first, I used the dye raw and applied it, but it created a color difference. After that experience, I began using the dye with water mixed with it. This created a diluted black dye which matched the leather a lot better. However, I didn't wait long enough before cleaning the seats so the dyed was mostly removed. It still made a big difference though from what I had before! This summer, I will redo it along with the conditioning of the seats. The shift knob is all installed and I lubed up the bearings inside as well. IMG_3460.jpgIMG_3500.jpgIMG_3771.jpgIMG_3768.jpgIMG_3770.jpg

Last edited:
Looks amazingly clean and only 30k miles, keep the pic. Coming. Have fun in Japan.
hope the college application went smooth for you and got accepted to your #1 choice.

A small project that I've been working on is fixing the faded white trim around the rear hatch glass. I found that by using SolutionFinish, I could restore the trim back from a faded black, to a matte finish. SolutionFinish is a matte black dye that restores plastics unlike oil dressings that only temporarily fixes the trim. I will see how long it takes before the SolutionFinish wears off this matte black trim.

Attachments

• IMG_4475-1.jpg
    IMG_4475-1.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 334
A small project that I've been working on is fixing the faded white trim around the rear hatch glass. I found that by using SolutionFinish, I could restore the trim back from a faded black, to a matte finish. SolutionFinish is a matte black dye that restores plastics unlike oil dressings that only temporarily fixes the trim. I will see how long it takes before the SolutionFinish wears off this matte black trim.
FYI,Mothers back to Black completely reverses the fading trim. I applied it many years ago and never needed to reapply it. So if that doesn’t work, try the mother’s.

Well its been awhile since I changed anything to the car. I've been super busy with starting my online business and with school. I bought a new OEM Air filter, new AirBox bolts and a new oem sticker for the airbox. The sticker was bubbling like every other NSX, so I bought one from thensxshop. The sticker is slightly different, but I rather have a brand new sticker than the original one that was bubbling up. I almost bought a set of KWV2 Coilovers, but I ended up bailing on that idea. I'm probably going to end up buying a set of JRZ Pro RS Coilovers and then a set of Desmond Regasmasters for the car. These mods won't be til a little longer because I rather fix up the interior and exterior first before spending money on modifications for the car.

IMG_0771.jpgIMG_0772.jpgIMG_0784.jpgI also got new fuse covers and new tires. I ended up picking Bridgestone RE-71R's for the NSX because the side profile of the tire looks very nice and the tread pattern too. It also gives me an excuse not to drive this car in the rain again after I spent so much time scrubbing away at the underside!

Back