• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Local independent mechanics

[MENTION=7151]mskrotzki[/MENTION] I'll PM you the information I sent Sebastian for how to get a hold of Paul Z at the shop he is at now.
Mark.. PM me your number.. Noob was kind enough to give me Pauls number or contact information.I'd love to do a piggy back.. Maybe Paul can do both of us?? He is down in Peyton. He knows the car like the back of his hand??-- I'm sure he can get the parts - since he probably has contacts at the dealer etc.

Forgive me for not getting back to Prime and thanking you for you extensive answer, I've been into skatty-eight other things, difficult as that seems in the virus environment we are all living in.

I too am disappointed Paul Z is no longer at Pike's Peak as I was seriously considering that option.

I have contacted other members about Chris Weyland and got a negative vibe about Fisher in Boulder and no information about contacting Chris outside of Fisher. I wouldn't want to do that anyway and cause any angst to Chris. Fisher is a non-starter for me.

Sebastian, would you be interested in proposing a double job for Jimmee at Auto Star or Scott at MoFab after more vetting? I don't have any idea if they are slow on work and might jump at the inquiry or not, but what could there be to lose?

Again thanks NSX_00b and apologies for the late reply.

Mark, if my NSX wasn't taking up my bay in pieces right now, I'd do it for you. Gonna be a while before it opens up again.

Mark, if my NSX wasn't taking up my bay in pieces right now, I'd do it for you. Gonna be a while before it opens up again.
I spoke with Paul. He mentioned something that you might be able to help with.He is looking for the "Jig" or mount needed to drop the motor?? Seem like your garage is now a NSX workshop and you might know what he is referring to?He had the part number but he mentioned he was looking for a place to buy it? Would you happen to know what he is referring to ?Looks like he had it when he worked at the dealer.I mentioned maybe SOS could help??

I spoke with Paul. He mentioned something that you might be able to help with.He is looking for the "Jig" or mount needed to drop the motor?? Seem like your garage is now a NSX workshop and you might know what he is referring to?He had the part number but he mentioned he was looking for a place to buy it? Would you happen to know what he is referring to ?Looks like he had it when he worked at the dealer.I mentioned maybe SOS could help??

My guess is that he is referring to the engine cradle. It's a part that the Acura dealership would have had when he worked there. I'm not sure if the part is still available from Honda but there is a guy on FB that makes a replica. I know you aren't on FB so i'll get his contact info and PM it to you so you can give it to Paul.

My guess is that he is referring to the engine cradle. It's a part that the Acura dealership would have had when he worked there. I'm not sure if the part is still available from Honda but there is a guy on FB that makes a replica. I know you aren't on FB so i'll get his contact info and PM it to you so you can give it to Paul.
Thanks!! Yes. that is it "Engine Cradle!" -- Let me know .. I'll get the information to Paul. He is trying to locate one.I told him a bunch of us would like him to be the "Go to" Tech for us Colorado NSX owners-- He said not a problem.. If anyone needs his contact info let me know.. just PM me.NSX_nOOB-- Thanks for all of your help!!! Did you ever install the Grille's for the fog lights? Love to see a picture..Be well.

This is great news. I for interested in getting my car serviced by Paul if possible. I already got bunch of parts such as timing belts, tensioner, hoses, etc that just needs some expert installation.

Thanks!! Yes. that is it "Engine Cradle!" -- Let me know .. I'll get the information to Paul. He is trying to locate one.I told him a bunch of us would like him to be the "Go to" Tech for us Colorado NSX owners-- He said not a problem.. If anyone needs his contact info let me know.. just PM me.NSX_nOOB-- Thanks for all of your help!!! Did you ever install the Grille's for the fog lights? Love to see a picture..Be well.

Spencer beat me to it- [MENTION=26875]Chase_acura[/MENTION] should have it.

Spencer beat me to it- @Chase_acura should have it.

OK.. Fellow CO NSX owners.. I contacted Chase.. Thanks everyone for your help..:smile::smile::smile:

I ordered the engine cradle.. actually having it shipped directly to Paul Z.. He was giddy.. since he said as you all know.." The part is discontinued."

SO.. for any NSX work above your skill level.. reach out to Paul... he can pretty much handle anything NSX.. "Engine drop etc"

TB/Water pump - seals and finally LMA getting replaced!! Be well everyone..

Here Goes!

My wife and I are driving 2 cars to Peyton -- near Colorado Springs -- tomorrow to drop off my NSX for a new timing belt and all that goes with it. I'll let you all know how it goes. Who Knows, perhaps we have a the making of a western Larry Bastanza.

My wife and I are driving 2 cars to Peyton -- near Colorado Springs -- tomorrow to drop off my NSX for a new timing belt and all that goes with it. I'll let you all know how it goes. Who Knows, perhaps we have a the making of a western Larry Bastanza.

Can't agree with you more Mark!!

AWESOME! Let me know how it goes.. The engine cradle arrived there yesterday afternoon (Thanks Chase) Hopefully Paul can get me in there next week after your car gets completed! Tell Paul I said "Hello" -

Mile High owners! .. we now have a Certified NSX factory trained tech that is "Independent" He was working for Acura in 1991! He knows our cars.
Paul Zmunsky is now working for a small family owned operation in Peyton CO, Mestas Auto... and the owner Dave Mestas was previously an Acura/Honda tech at dealerships and owned an independent Honda/Acura shop in California in the 90's before moving to CO.

Give them a call and tell them you are part of the Mile High NSX Prime Group... Mestas Auto, Peyton CO.. (719) 749-2888

Attachments

• IMG_1093 (002).jpg
    IMG_1093 (002).jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1076 (002).jpg
    IMG_1076 (002).jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 45
Wow that is some good news!

"Open Heart Surgery" for my car.. New Timing Belt/ H20/ Upgrade Walbro fuel pump/ CPK sensor/ LMA's went with the SOS kit (Tapping sound drove me insane) -- the old ones are out and the New LMA's in.. can't wait to hear the difference.
Good news is Paul said the motor looked great! whew:rolleyes: .. I hope to make is to 222,222k like Mark!! LOL.
Pictures.. below. Enjoy..

Pictures all out of order.. sorry..

Attachments

• IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 37