• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for a Lexus GS400 or GS430

Hey everyone,

We are in the market for a used GS400/GS430. Any good websites to read up on them?

Also does anyone know who I can contact at Lexus regarding false advertisement? I found a car 300+ miles away. It was claimed to be "certified" and I was told by the salesman the body was perfect, never been wrecked. They check these things of course. Arrive and the car was a mess. Over spray all over the engine bay! Sloppy re-weld lines every where. Oh, and then they tell me it's not certified. Wasted my time, money, gas, and patience! The dealership still tried selling us the car. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And, if anyone near Texas see's something nice, please let me know! :D

Last edited:
Great car that barely misses from being spectacular, IMO.

The later model cars are nothing short of bullet proof and they're quick, fast, and reliable as hell. A little to much luxury and not enough sport, IMO, but one hell of a car nonetheless.

Suggest you read up at the following:
www.clublexus.com
http://us.lexusownersclub.com

IS300.net (although specifically for IS sedans) is also a fairly good place for information about Lexus sport sedans.

Good luck.

I usually find Edmunds a good resrouce for this type of thing. Not sure if you have already considered this. I had a 98 GS 400. Was a good car, but if you wanted to drive it in the winter and you get snow, you needed snow tires.

Of course autotrader.com should have a resonsable listing of cars for sale as well as leasetrader.com will have leases that you can assume if you are interested in that.

Best of luck in your search.

Funny how things are...I was in our local Lexus dealer this past weekend pondering ordering one of the new style GS 430's...drove it...very impressed with the sport suspension setting...and of course all the toys :biggrin: ...they had a 2000 GS 400 with only 16K that was certified...was exceptionally clean...I have a friend who works at the dealer...so, if your interested in a car in Denver...call Frank Ingram at Kuni Lexus in Denver...303-798-9500...tell him Mike sent you...good luck

Clublexus.com is pretty much the forum for GS cars. Clublexus covers all lexus model but it seem to get the most GS post.

GS is a good choice. There is a lot of aftermarket support for it since it is the Aristo in Japan. There is probably more product for it than the NSX. Coilover, Exhaust, Body Kit.. Also some custom SC and Turbo kit if it is a GS300.

Funny thing is that there is no headers for the V8. It is extremely hard to remove and also OEM exhaust manifold changes every years preventing a common header for all V8.

BTW find a GS430 with NAV.

Thanks for all the info guys! I sincerely appreciate it!

mmmikemo said:
...they had a 2000 GS 400 with only 16K that was certified...was exceptionally clean...I have a friend who works at the dealer...so, if your interested in a car in Denver...call Frank Ingram at Kuni Lexus in Denver...303-798-9500...tell him Mike sent you...good luck

- Thanks for the heads up! I actually was browsing Lexus dealerships and saw that car online. Seems nice, but still a little much for a GS400. Regardless, we are trying to stay within a $25k budget, with less than 50k miles. Hard to do, yes...impossible, no! :)

DarthMaul said:
BTW find a GS430 with NAV.

- If I could find one in my budget, trust me, I would pick it up right away! :wink:

Regards,
- Z

Z!

I've been gone forever, I log on, and I see you're looking for a GS. I had a GS300 - great car, reliable, smooth, quiet, excellent dealer service - you'll be happy. Plus, if you're looking to spend under $25k, you should increasingly see more come available now that the new body is out (and it is sweet). I just bought my wife a GX470 today (how's that for a mother's day gift?), and I have a few really good hook ups in Dallas with Lexus if you want me to check any out for you.

Let me know!

Todd

NSX FoYoAss said:
Hey everyone,

We are in the market for a used GS400/GS430. Any good websites to read up on them?

Also does anyone know who I can contact at Lexus regarding false advertisement? I found a car 300+ miles away. It was claimed to be "certified" and I was told by the salesman the body was perfect, never been wrecked. They check these things of course. Arrive and the car was a mess. Over spray all over the engine bay! Sloppy re-weld lines every where. Oh, and then they tell me it's not certified. Wasted my time, money, gas, and patience! The dealership still tried selling us the car. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And, if anyone near Texas see's something nice, please let me know! :D

1. Sorry to hear about this experience, Lexus takes customer service VERY seriously, contact

The Lexus Customer Assistance Center
1-800-255-3987, prompt #4
Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., PT.
Fax: 1-310-468-2992

Address:
P.O. Box 2991 – Mail Drop L202
Torrance, CA 90509-2991

2. I had a GS 400 modded and I think his name is "Lakehouse" here (DaveGS4, our admin) on Clublexus are members here so if you need additional help, ask here (my name is 1SICKLEX on CL as well). :smile:

LeftLane said:
Z!

I've been gone forever, I log on, and I see you're looking for a GS. I had a GS300 - great car, reliable, smooth, quiet, excellent dealer service - you'll be happy. Plus, if you're looking to spend under $25k, you should increasingly see more come available now that the new body is out (and it is sweet). I just bought my wife a GX470 today (how's that for a mother's day gift?), and I have a few really good hook ups in Dallas with Lexus if you want me to check any out for you.

Let me know!

Todd

Todd, great to hear from you man! How is everything! Funny thing, I almost went out to North Park Lexus over there to look at/maybe buy a car, but it had already sold.

So, I was first looking for a GS400 with good miles, maybe a GS430 with higher miles. Now, I've made an offer yesterday on a silver/gray GS430 w/navi 17 chrome sport wheels, radar, mark l. system, spoiler, etc etc. It's Lexus certified, so we'll see. It's more than we want to spend, but it's everything we want(color/options).

If it doesn't work out and I see something your way, I'll shoot you a message and talk to you about it. I appreciate the heads up!

1SICKLEX said:
1. Sorry to hear about this experience, Lexus takes customer service VERY seriously, contact

The Lexus Customer Assistance Center
1-800-255-3987, prompt #4
Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., PT.
Fax: 1-310-468-2992

Address:
P.O. Box 2991 – Mail Drop L202
Torrance, CA 90509-2991

2. I had a GS 400 modded and I think his name is "Lakehouse" here (DaveGS4, our admin) on Clublexus are members here so if you need additional help, ask here (my name is 1SICKLEX on CL as well). :smile:

1SICKLEX, thanks for the advice. I've already contacted Lexus Customer Satisfaction, a department that is under the President of Lexus North America. I've expressed my extreme disappointment and so far, nothing has been done about it. They keep explaining to me that the dealerships are independently owned. But something may unfold within the next few days...I'll keep everyone posted.

Also, I joined ClubLexus the other day. I registered under my first name Zishan. I didn't want to put NSX FoYoAss and come off as some cocky newb. :) In fact, I've yet to post. Just been doing some research and soaking in the vast information.

Thanks again for the advice and I may hit you up for some help sometime soon! ;)

Regards,
- Z

Nice to see you registered on CL...i'm 'Lex Luthor' on there. Good luck in your search, they're great cars.

- Jon

NSX FoYoAss said:
Todd, great to hear from you man! How is everything! Funny thing, I almost went out to North Park Lexus over there to look at/maybe buy a car, but it had already sold.

So, I was first looking for a GS400 with good miles, maybe a GS430 with higher miles. Now, I've made an offer yesterday on a silver/gray GS430 w/navi 17 chrome sport wheels, radar, mark l. system, spoiler, etc etc. It's Lexus certified, so we'll see. It's more than we want to spend, but it's everything we want(color/options).

If it doesn't work out and I see something your way, I'll shoot you a message and talk to you about it. I appreciate the heads up!

1SICKLEX, thanks for the advice. I've already contacted Lexus Customer Satisfaction, a department that is under the President of Lexus North America. I've expressed my extreme disappointment and so far, nothing has been done about it. They keep explaining to me that the dealerships are independently owned. But something may unfold within the next few days...I'll keep everyone posted.

Also, I joined ClubLexus the other day. I registered under my first name Zishan. I didn't want to put NSX FoYoAss and come off as some cocky newb. :) In fact, I've yet to post. Just been doing some research and soaking in the vast information.

Thanks again for the advice and I may hit you up for some help sometime soon! ;)

Regards,
- Z
Cool, good luck on your search!

Back