• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for ACURA NSX Mechanic in NEW YORK AREA!!!

I have an NSX a year now and would like to take it into a mechanic. Not sure where to take it in. Please Help. Thank You.

Larry B is the only one you should go to. Knows more about the car than any dealer and works only on NSXs. Plus he is the President of the NSXCA so your car will get that presidential treatment....

^ +1

Come to the Holiday Party March 6 and chat with a bunch of us NSX owners. Meet Larry.

Last edited:
Another vote for Larry B here .... guy can work on a nsx in his sleep .... better make an appointment thou because there are very few times when he does not have two or three nsx's there waiting for his attention

Another vote for Larry B here .... guy can work on a nsx in his sleep .... better make an appointment thou because there are very few times when he does not have two or three nsx's there waiting for his attention

exactly.Larry does the work on wkends/nights,so patience as his customer is key.

+1 more!

Larry has dropped my engine and had the headers re-ground (?) - I think that was it, after a coolant hose burst. He's the only one I would trust to take my NSX apart and put it back together - with all the parts :eek:

He's currently replacing the rotars on my car and since the calipers are getting painted, reinstalling them as well which I guess can be a bit of a pain.

He has diagnosed over the phone timing belt problems for someone in the mid-east, I believe it was.

I think that he may have an opening right now as I'll be picking up my car this coming weekend (if were not snowed in).

+1 more for LarryB. He is simply the best person to work on your NSX. We are lucky to have him here in NY. My NSX is running strong due to his excellent care and service.

+1 also for Larry B. Avoid the dealers like the plague in the NYC area. The only dealer worth mentioning is Bridgewater Acura in NJ as Mike, "The Kid", the used car manager, is a long time Prime member, but I have seen one of his cars go to Larry when it was really important, so you figure it out from there...

Tytus

Despite the fact that he somehow managed to drop Pooh's engine ???? :biggrin:, Larry is the only one to go to in the NE. As you can see we all trust him emphatically.

However, if Larry isn't an option (like you need a loaner car), Bernie from Davis Acura (Langhorne PA) is 2nd best. Bernie has been working on NSXs since the beginning of time.

Larry's the one, I guess you realize that by now. Here's a logistic item of interest:

I see you are in NYC. No problem. You drive to Larry on a Saturday, leave your car with him, and hop on the train NJ Transit south from Harriman station to the Path Train in Hoboken ...... then NYC Subway home.

It's a piece of cake, I've done it a few times. Really cheap $$ too! :smile:

Here's a schedule:

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/r0020.pdf

there is this guy in ny, larryb who's the bee knees.
never call him a mechanic.
remember his name, call him at 3am with tb questions.
we are f*cked if he moves.....

Back