• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking refresh my 92 Suspension.

Currently have Koni yellows with lowering springs. I like the way the car sits and rides it’s very drivable. My Car has about 60k on it and developed a knock in the front end I believe is coming from the rack. I purchased a new brass bushing “knock bushing” that supposed to fix the issue. It came back after a short period of time. So I purchased a new rack and new bump stops as well because apparently they can go bad over time and cause a knock.

What suspension mods are recommended for street driven car. Anyone make a kit to get the car in factory Spec when lowered? I believe there is one guy that made them but they Squeak horribly from what I remember. Just looking to see what updates are out there currently. I have most of the NSX-R mods a few poly bushings from SOS like the rack bushing and sway bar bushings. What non compliance parts can I get without effecting drivability. I don’t mind a bit of feed back but I don’t want to destroy the ride just tighten it up a bit if I can.

Last edited:
Currently have Koni yellows with lowering springs. I like the way the car sits and rides it’s very drivable. My Car has about 60k on it and developed a knock in the front end I believe is coming from the rack. I purchased a new brass bushing “knock bushing” that supposed to fix the issue. It came back after a short period of time. So I purchased a new rack and new bump stops as well because apparently they can go bad over time and cause a knock.

What suspension mods are recommended for street driven car. Anyone make a kit to get the car in factory Spec when lowered? I believe there is one guy that made them but they Squeak horribly from what I remember. Just looking to see what updates are out there currently. I have most of the NSX-R mods a few poly bushings from SOS like the rack bushing and sway bar bushings. What non compliance parts can I get without effecting drivability. I don’t mind a bit of feed back but I don’t want to destroy the ride just tighten it up a bit if I can.

For a street driven NSX, no non-compliance parts are needed. If you drive your car on the circuit, then I would recommend getting the solid rear beam links and matching toe links. They completely eliminate any dynamic rear toe change under load and make a big difference in the stability of the NSX through turns. But, you won't really notice any of this at street speeds. You may want to consider the Type-S suspension. It "tightens up" the handling like you mentioned, provides some lowering, and will last a long time as it is an OEM part. If you go this route you'll need the OEM front sway and Type-S/Zanardi rear sway bar. Otherwise, if you are happy with your Konis, you may want to just buy a new set. I think Koni has a lifetime warranty... I had Koni yellows on my first NSX and liked them.

How many miles do you have on the Konis? The knock you hear could be coming from the Konis as they may be worn out (especially with lowering springs). Did the knock go away after you installed the new rack? Your post has so many variables in it - it makes it hard to help with a diagnosis.

Back