• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking to buy a new NSX Have questions

I've decided to tone down my rhetoric a little. It's been almost two years of blissful harmony without an Acura in my garage. I do like the new TLX, but without a manual as an option I don't see myself getting back into an AHM product.

Manuals are going the way of the dodo, sadly.

Well the dealer called back and was told I could still order one and the time frame on receiving one was late July so it looks like I will be ordering one of these on Weds. The harder part now is I have a week to come up with the final color and options list.

Quite the turn of events! I was getting worried for you. What are you going to configure in!!!??? (Get the carbon ceramics - they are hoooottttt). :biggrin:

I cannot get the full monty and although I like the looks will never ever use them like they are meant to be used. Orange paint tan seats carbon spoiler upgrade of the wheels and paint film protector.
would love to get a color that lets me get the red inside but cannot seam to get the paint colors to match up-red/red-blue/red?wish more people posted pics of there 2017 and up cars so at least i would get a idea of what some color combos look like.

[MENTION=37906]ukester[/MENTION] have you gone down the YouTube rabbit hole? There is a great blue walk-around (from a Canadian dealer I think?) and definitely a red / red. I used the YouTube videos to help me do a lot of research. (For me it was White or Black or maybe the Blue).

Well the dealer called back and was told I could still order one and the time frame on receiving one was late July so it looks like I will be ordering one of these on Weds. The harder part now is I have a week to come up with the final color and options list.
that timeframe doesn't seem right unless they had an order in place already.

As I mentioned, I placed an order in Jan and the NSX should arrive end of this month.

Even when PMC was cranking these out it was minimum 3 months.

i'm not new to forums just nsx, but i think since i'm a new member i don't have the ability to contact powdrice, i searched the member listing but couldnt' find his name. is it by chance @powdbyrice? either way how many posts do i need to be able to start a conversation. otherwise maybe he can message me about a possible order? i'm in the midatlantic region. but am willing to travel if necessary.
email me at scott.yamasaki at acuraoffremont dot com

so the deal isn't dead which is great. Did he just extend the deal for a week just for you or Honda is keeping the order book open?

Based on [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] saying the order books are closed, one of two things is going on with your dealer. One, like he said, they already had an order in and they're letting you take it (lucky!). The other is that they're shady, they're going to take a deposit with you knowing full well at some point (maybe they'll wait a couple of months) they'll have to "regrettably" inform you that they can't get you the car after all but they'll gladly hold onto that deposit and roll it over to a MY22 order. If I were you, I'd be really clear with them that you are an educated customer and you want all the terms and details in writing before you'll give them any money. If they're on the up-and-up that shouldn't be a problem at all; if they're shady they may well back away or at the very least you'll be protected.

did you order? inquiring minds want to know!

If i am ordering it will be today-it used to be easy to buy the hard to pay now its hard to buy and much easier to pay. It would be so nice to see some after market parts you can buy after the sale like any of the carbon stuff engine inside etc...Still cannot believe the rear spoiler is 3 grand extra let alone the 6 grand for the up charge paint. Yes i have watched so many youtube vids but it does not take the place of seeing them in person and as we know time is ticking to buy one of these.

Well let me tell you the $6000 upcharge for the paint is well worth it if you love the two colors. My Novella Blue is extraordinary. I have people constantly saying it is the most beautiful paint color they have ever seen. As for carbon parts, forget the aftermarket engine covers as I believe they are difficult to make and are already available via the factory. The rear diffuser is indeed expensive, but looks great. While the people who buy Honda/Acura complain about the prices, just look over at Porsche where you can spend $500 having your FOB Key painted the same color as the car. And people do it all the time. Honda/Acura is the Trader Joes of markets where everyone wants something special at a cheap price. HA HA

Please keep us posted. It sounded like our cars would be rolling off around July if you ordered. I only added rear deck spoiler and interwoven wheels. Luckily for me my color was only $1k more. Couldn’t afford other goodies :(

If i am ordering it will be today-it used to be easy to buy the hard to pay now its hard to buy and much easier to pay. It would be so nice to see some after market parts you can buy after the sale like any of the carbon stuff engine inside etc...Still cannot believe the rear spoiler is 3 grand extra let alone the 6 grand for the up charge paint. Yes i have watched so many youtube vids but it does not take the place of seeing them in person and as we know time is ticking to buy one of these.

not for 2021...

i *think* they went over the color breakdown in the nsxpo presentation last year.

edit:
During the virtual NSXPO event yesterday, the production numbers were presented for the current car.

2016--269

2017--581

2018--170

2019--238

2020--83 (expected to hit 100 by year end)

Total Cars all markets (13) 2,375

US market 1382

Japan market 456

Europe Right Hand 149, and Left Hand 109

Canada 201

Nouvelle Blue 147 at 10%

Valencia Red 216 at 15%

130R White 245 at 17%

Nord Grey Metallic 33 at 2%

Thermal orange 91 at 6%

Ebony Interior 701 at 50%

Orchid Interior 131 at 9%

Acura has committed to 35 years of parts retention availability.

Last edited:
My sense is that you will see very few new NSXs with the $6000 paint upgrade. Really comes down to what you are happy with. I don't think there is a bad color.

My sense is that you will see very few new NSXs with the $6000 paint upgrade. Really comes down to what you are happy with. I don't think there is a bad color.
I sold only 1 valencia red. It sat for a while too.

Funny story about that car.
In 2017, I sold it to a guy in Arizona who, unbeknownst to me at the time, was just the middleman for someone outside the country. We got a call from the Port of Los Angeles asking why the car was at the Port. Acura held the car at the Port for a while since they werent allowing NSXs to be exported (still dont?).

I am a member primarily out of support. They hold yearly meets around the US. For your $40 per year you get several NSX Magazines that highlight what is going on, etcetera. Good organization, not affiliated with NSXPrime. They are scheduled for a big meet this August in Portland. They sponsor a track day for those who want to drive their cars on a local track. Lots of sponsors show up selling their wears.

I am a member primarily out of support. They hold yearly meets around the US. For your $40 per year you get several NSX Magazines that highlight what is going on, etcetera. Good organization, not affiliated with NSXPrime. They are scheduled for a big meet this August in Portland. They sponsor a track day for those who want to drive their cars on a local track. Lots of sponsors show up selling their wears.

I’ll probably do it just for support as well just wasn’t sure if that was a golden ticket to these calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back