• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking to buy a new NSX Have questions

Well Thursday is the day Heading down to pick out the options and colors for my NSX,it is so confusing matching up the outside with the inside. I really do not want a black inside but will see what they may look like together. will let you know what happens.

Well Thursday is the day Heading down to pick out the options and colors for my NSX,it is so confusing matching up the outside with the inside. I really do not want a black inside but will see what they may look like together. will let you know what happens.
I didn’t want a black interior either. And I don’t like the look with the inserts, with that… it was full leather in black. I really like natural leather, beige (in fcar talk), or similar.

Black in the NSX is perfectly fine, full tinting and air blue 80 on the windshield is great. AC is awesome so no complaints.

I’d go full black leather and match the paint with calipers that compliment.

Well today was the day to finally put my order in for my new 2021 NSX-had a appointment first thing this A.M. and half way there got the call that as of last nite no more orders for 2021 NSX cars,I do not know if that was the case or like many here have said that the orders were closed a week or so ago. Well I was sp close but now so far away-Just wanted to thank you all for helping me.

Mark

The whole idea of ordering now is the July date of getting the car-dealer has not gotten back to the questions regarding the 2022 model which i do not think I will get any answers until someone knows more.

The whole idea of ordering now is the July date of getting the car-dealer has not gotten back to the questions regarding the 2022 model which i do not think I will get any answers until someone knows more.

Well idea #1 has come and gone.

If I wanted a car that "badly" I would put down a deposit and secure a car.

Details can be worked out, after all the NSX is a "whim" car, and good for you if you are fortunate enough to afford your whims.

Last edited:
Well today was the day to finally put my order in for my new 2021 NSX-had a appointment first thing this A.M. and half way there got the call that as of last nite no more orders for 2021 NSX cars,I do not know if that was the case or like many here have said that the orders were closed a week or so ago. Well I was sp close but now so far away-Just wanted to thank you all for helping me.

Mark
Sorry man. That sucks. They should have known that.

Another customer said there is a waiting list in case customers back out, but its like 5 people deep already.

Sorry man. That sucks. They should have known that.

Another customer said there is a waiting list in case customers back out, but its like 5 people deep already.

Wow - am I missing something? Why the big interest in NC1 now or was there always a waiting list for folks to order in the past? I guess supply Low inventory and $20K rebate may be triggering this surge in demand...for now?

Last edited:
Hey [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION], I think I ordered my car at EXACTLY the right time. Lucky timing, no doubt!

Introducing myself from London, UK and apologies for resurrecting the thread after a while. Looking for some guidance on the NC1 and as Honda UK sold less than 80 during its entire production, only 5 of the post-MY2020 upgrade (bear in mind the UK has 65m people and is the second largest performance car market in Europe, after Germany), I'm hoping that NSX Prime can help.
My main questions are if there's any issues beginning to surface on the older cars 2017/2018 models, especially with LOWER mileage? Most the of 4-5 year old NC1s for sale with less than 6k miles on them, one with 500!
I know infotainment was below par at launch, but wondering if Apple Car/ Android Auto connectivity is still keeping up with latest phone OS?
Carbon ceramic brakes seem to be the way to go, but is the carbon trim pack durable - I've seen some reports of interior carbon trim / steering wheels not lasting.
Any other pointers welcome. Cheers, J

Introducing myself from London, UK and apologies for resurrecting the thread after a while. Looking for some guidance on the NC1 and as Honda UK sold less than 80 during its entire production, only 5 of the post-MY2020 upgrade (bear in mind the UK has 65m people and is the second largest performance car market in Europe, after Germany), I'm hoping that NSX Prime can help.
My main questions are if there's any issues beginning to surface on the older cars 2017/2018 models, especially with LOWER mileage? Most the of 4-5 year old NC1s for sale with less than 6k miles on them, one with 500!
I know infotainment was below par at launch, but wondering if Apple Car/ Android Auto connectivity is still keeping up with latest phone OS?
Carbon ceramic brakes seem to be the way to go, but is the carbon trim pack durable - I've seen some reports of interior carbon trim / steering wheels not lasting.
Welcome Jock

I have a 2017 with 14K plus miles.
You want to look for Recall/TSB work as applicable.
Fuel tanks, third taillight and thermostat replacements.
Software update for stuff like the phone audio. Mine is fine with my iPhone 13, but I rarely listen to music during a drive.
Some folks had their start button replaced if it was misbehaving (they don't do it if no issues observed.
The steel brakes save you some Quid but have been observed to bind up after a car wash or rain.
I skipped all the CF options as I didn't like the value per dollar. I am not a paint protection film consumer and figured the exterior CF would get beaten up. Regarding the interior CF, it's not a real CF wheel and the tacked on garnish thing did not push me in the direction of spending for that, even though I did like the sport pedals (not standard back in the 2017 MY.
The key item to look for regarding early cars is replacement of the 12V battery. It's small and mine crumped in like 3.5 years. Expert comment, if you do find a car you like, make sure to be in Sport+ the last 20 minutes of your drive to keep the 12V battery topped up.
Have fun with your search.

Welcome and happy hunting for the right NSX.

Mine is a 2017 with just over 10k miles. It has most of the carbon options. Recalls done and yearly routine maintenance which is basically an oil change - others say go by the oil monitor to change oil. Last time in I had the brake fluid flushed and front electric motor fluid changed.

No issues. Rock solid. If I hit a rough spot I get a slight rattle from the carbon instrument cluster cover thing which isn’t uncommon. I’ve been on multi-state road trips and had a blast.

My car was loaded with all options. Currently at 11,500 miles. No issues. I have the oil changed every year regardless of mileage. These are race engines that deserve attention. The last thing I need is old oil gumming up rings etcetera. So I suggest you buy a car where the Oil is changed at a minimum yearly. I had the brake fluid flushed at three years of age. No problems with carbon fiber components. Apple CarPlay works perfectly. I think given the interior volume of the car that the upgraded stereo sounds good. A lot depends on music source. Acura link requires an upgraded telematics unit as the 3G signal no longer is viable. I think the 2019 and up are ok. The rear tail lights have some shiny material inside that sometimes flakes off. No permanent fix yet. I had mine replaced under warranty. The 12 volt battery is a glass mat that can be sourced from several suppliers. It is a H5. They typically last 4 years or so. Get yourself a battery tender from CTEK. I have heard that some of the carbon fiber parts can yellow if not protected from the sun. I have not experienced any issues. The Service Manager at Tustin Acura checked my engine cover and the roof. These cars are rock solid as are most Honda products. The car is a steal when you consider what you are getting.

Back