• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab LF-3 BUILD

I googled some signs and highlighted in red what I'm experiencing.

Here are some bad fuel pump indicators demanding a fuel pump replacement:

1. Weird Sounds​

Whining from the fuel tank can indicate a dying pump. Backfires and sputtering engines can also suggest a broken fuel pump.
In general, any weird sound from your car is never good, so always pay attention.
Note: Any of these sound issues may trigger the check engine light on the dashboard.

2. Diminished Engine Performance

There could be a loss of power if your car’s fuel pump can’t provide the engine with sufficient fuel. Also, if the fuel delivery issue is erratic, you might experience surging or sputtering. A less noticeable fuel pump issue can be a decrease in gas mileage.
In any of these cases, you may need a new fuel tank pump.

3. Difficulty Starting​

If the fuel pump can no longer supply the required fuel to the engine, your car will experience starting difficulties. Start-up may take a few seconds longer than usual, or you’ll need a few attempts to get the engine cranked.
Ignore the issue, and eventually, your car simply won’t start. So don’t ignore a fuel pump replacement!

@OKI-BOY sounds like that could be fuel related for sure. I would also check for a spark issue just to eliminate that potential problem. The troubleshooting guides in the manual are really great. They have helped me identify a few failed components for me personally and I think they are a great place to start if you want to have a go of fixing an issue on your own.

I recently had some issues with my car where it would start then die, repeat , heard some clicks behind bulkhead and would run but not eager to rev smoothly..turned out the be a failing ignition switch...replaced and all nice

@Superhatch I will definitely do that.

@docjohn I had a similar issue with car shutting off. I lucked up wiggling wire attached to positive terminal and car came back on. It would shut completely down while driving due to poor connection. (not sure what that smaller wire on positive terminal is for) Car would loose total power at any speed. Trying to maneuver through traffic without signals and no power is a bit stressful in city traffic. As far as fuel issue, I'm 10 seconds from replacing fuel pump, ignition switch and buying 2-3 main relays. lol. Because car has standalone ECU, most shops won't eagerly touch it minus having the opportunity to see the car up close.
My "go to" shop is always booked...

Update:
Poor connection with this wire. I’m not sure what it’s purpose is but do know that car will not have power without it.
I put another connector on it and as you see, power!!! Lol.
Now back to resolving initial issue of car not turning over. I tried all three main relays and none made a difference.
I will check other relays tomorrow per SOS.

Update: So.... Main relay wasn't the issue, but one of the 5 pin relays were bad.
I plugged wire to other relay and car started. So I then went to amazon and purchased these.
Problem solved.
Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 6.04.19 PM.png

Current situation:
Clutch master cylinder and slave out and being replaced.
Car won't crank.
24hrs later, utilizing technology/antigravity battery. I see power is low.
Hopefully once charged I can make it to NXSPO to meet some awesome people in person.

Update:
It turned out to be a clutch pedal switch.
So, in summary, I had master & slave cylinder needing replacement along with clutch pedal switch…… at the same time.
Figuring all this out/why car isn’t running has been exhausting.
Making it to NSXPO this year made it all worth it. I’m grateful to be part of this community.
My initial thought was main relay but this was one time it wasn’t the issue.

Last edited:
Great people and a lot of education gained at NSXPO2023.

Attachments

• OkiBoyNSX35.jpg
    OkiBoyNSX35.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 14
Back