• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Low mile 2004 sells for $180K on BaT

haHa awesome,,,wasn't he trying to find his original car for so many years...

I believe you are correct. His profile lists among his past NSXs an identical 2003 blue/blue car. It was great to see Anil "in the game" again. I miss thew days when he was active on the forum!

I miss the days of you in a dress.....

I always thought you were exceptional..not standard....;)

yep T roof to coupe'

Reply to BaT$hit prices :)

First - the listing to get that outta the way...
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-acura-nsx-t-5/

OK - 200K -here for 2004 with 9.3k miles... where's the top end? I have no issues if it keeps going really -
(bring it on 300K NA1 with 100K miles)
but it won't force me to park and detail mine daily rather than drive it. This guy took one of the coolest cars ever and basically parked it for 17 years, and didn't quite double his money.
These are CARS, and meant to be driven. 17 years of backing it in and out of the garage or more likely 5K of driving and then the driveway thing - who cares....
Color combo and low miles, but still - not a Zanardi!

Was it worth it? All the NOT driving and not enjoying the car for 17 years? The Pet Shop boys even wanna know - or at least they did in this remastered 2003 version that might be on the CD stuck in that NSX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px1sxZKiokc

Just in case you don't agree... here's the insurance policy parkers should look into:
https://www.caranddriver.com/car-insurance/a36145596/parked-car-insurance/

You are now free to move about the cabin!

============== =========== ============= =========== ============

Parked Car Insurance! I never heard of this. Interesting idea. I would never have a car that was not covered with insurance. I've owned cars that were low enough in value and seldom driven that I would just carry liability insurance, but with an NSX - if the car is stolen or a fire occurs in the house - you would not likely be covered.

One other issue I have with a 9,900 mile car selling for such a premium after almost 20-years in age, does there ever come a point where a super low mileage car is actually more of a maintenance problem compared to a lightly driven (say 1,000 - 2,000 miles/year) car? Probably a question for another post, but cars that are "stored" for years concerns me just a bit.

One other issue I have with a 9,900 mile car selling for such a premium after almost 20-years in age, does there ever come a point where a super low mileage car is actually more of a maintenance problem compared to a lightly driven (say 1,000 - 2,000 miles/year) car? Probably a question for another post, but cars that are "stored" for years concerns me just a bit.

I'm not sure low miles is worse than normal miles, but certainly some items are affected by age as much as by use.

On the minty 15K mile '05 I bought last year, I replaced the tires (originals!) and shocks, then had Source1 (lucky I live very close to them) change all fluids, and also had them replace ALL the rubber hoses (24 or 25!) using an OEM kit from SOS. The previous owner (who drove 2K miles in 13 years but changed fluids annually) had recently had the timing belt and water pump replaced, so I was good on those.

I'm not sure low miles is worse than normal miles, but certainly some items are affected by age as much as by use.

On the minty 15K mile '05 I bought last year, I replaced the tires (originals!) and shocks, then had Source1 (lucky I live very close to them) change all fluids, and also had them replace ALL the rubber hoses (24 or 25!) using an OEM kit from SOS. The previous owner (who drove 2K miles in 13 years but changed fluids annually) had recently had the timing belt and water pump replaced, so I was good on those.

2k miles in 13 years?!? Wow! That is a parked car. :)
Nice job on doing all the maintenance. Previous owner of my NSX had most wearable items (such as seats, shocks, wheels, tires, etc) removed for a long duration (years) and just reinstalled them before selling to me. Once replacement wheels arrive, I'll put new shoes on the car. 15-year old tires sort of concern me, even though they look new with plenty of tread. The WP/TB and SC service was done just a couple years ago, so no worries there. And with 29K miles on the car, it had some minimal driving every year, so I wasn't concerned about the hoses for now. Maybe a few years down the road when the next TB/WP service is called for, I'll have the hoses changed too.

Only 2k in 13 years? I put 1k on mine in the first 2 days, driving home from Shaun's house.

haHa awesome,,,wasn't he trying to find his original car for so many years...

What ever happened to it? It was here in CA for a while a few years back....if I remember correctly, it was also for sale before it disappeared again.

hmmm maybe Jimmy Hoffa was driving it....:biggrin:

Only 2k in 13 years? I put 1k on mine in the first 2 days, driving home from Shaun's house.

HAHAHA! Rob, you drive that car like you stole it. I enjoy seeing pics of the car (in various States). That '97 was a really well put together car. So fun to drive with the ANYTIME exhaust (quad tip) and the lowered stance and upgraded sway bars. Perfection!

Sale was maybe the highest non-Zanardi to date.

Whenever I need a good laugh I bring up the BaT Zanardi auction that fetched $277K. It was the perfect storm of hype, provenance (seriously, who gives a flying f*ck that it belonged to a motorcycle racer), COVID-19, stupidity, auction psychology and the stars aligning in just the right way.

The key combo is extremely low mileage paired with all original (no mods!)

The "key" was the person who bought the car and their reason for buying it. It appears that you joined Prime long after the buyer became relatively inactive here. He's a great guy that many of us "old timers", (I can't believe I just said that), know personally.

Whenever I need a good laugh I bring up the BaT Zanardi auction that fetched $277K. It was the perfect storm of hype, provenance (seriously, who gives a flying f*ck that it belonged to a motorcycle racer), COVID-19, stupidity, auction psychology and the stars aligning in just the right way.

Well, maybe. But I think the cars have been undervalued for years, and prices are now moving in the direction they had to go: up.

I think mint, never-damaged, low-mile, unmodified examples will continue to rise. You can see from the BaT sales that while that Zanardi was certainly an outlier, the values are going up at a pretty steep rate.

https://bringatrailer.com/acura/nsx/?yearTo=2005&yearFrom=1991

It’s not hype or covid or stupidity, it’s the marketplace finally appreciating these amazing and pretty rare cars.
View attachment 171600

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I do not think any NSX is worth over $150k but others have different perspectives

We all have opinions, including me, but it's pretty hard to argue with actual sales data.

maybe I'll auction off a Bee NFT...:biggrin:

Back