• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Low mile 2004 sells for $180K on BaT

I was quite pleased with the final price. :)

Not biased, but I have the same car (year/color) with 29kmi on the clock. All wear items (seats, mats, steering wheel, rims/tires, suspension) were removed for about 10-yrs/10,000 miles to boot! Only difference is that I'm not the first owner and that the car had dealership installed CTSC/H/E and CT sway bars. Oh, and it still has Potenza's from 15 years ago installed on the rims. (museum parts - LOL). I'm waiting for my SOS replica wheels to arrive so I can put some new shoes on the car.

Feeling pretty good about current value of the car. :)

Last edited:
I also have a virtually-identical car and am, uh, very happy with the continuing appreciation.

Nice to see that there were three folks who bid $163K ($158+$5K fee) or higher.

I think examples like that one will be worth $200K in the near future.

I think the increasing interest (and prices) in vintage "analog" cars such as the NSX, 05-06 Ford GT, the manual tranny Ferrari 360 and 430 and Audi R8's, have encouraged a few manufacturers to offer continue to offer manuals on their new cars, including the new Nissan Z, the Cayman GTS 4.0, the Lotus Emira, and even Gordon Murray's $3 million T50 supercar.

I also have a virtually-identical car and am, uh, very happy with the continuing appreciation.

Nice to see that there were three folks who bid $163K ($158+$5K fee) or higher.

I think examples like that one will be worth $200K in the near future.

I think the increasing interest (and prices) in vintage "analog" cars such as the NSX, 05-06 Ford GT, the manual tranny Ferrari 360 and 430 and Audi R8's, have encouraged a few manufacturers to offer continue to offer manuals on their new cars, including the new Nissan Z, the Cayman GTS 4.0, the Lotus Emira, and even Gordon Murray's $3 million T50 supercar.

I purchased my NSX thinking that around 2025 it could be lurking at the $200K mark. Today's auction is encouraging. Oh, and of course I purchased it because these cars are just simply awesome. :)

Last edited:
just remember the price of things don't go up for ever...just like a stock price fluctuates..with so many bidders that lost out you may want to strike while the iron is hot..

Sale was maybe the highest non-Zanardi to date, but several other BaT sales have been in the ballpark.

Attachments

• nsx recent high sales.jpg
    nsx recent high sales.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 881
just remember the price of things don't go up for ever...just like a stock price fluctuates..with so many bidders that lost out you may want to strike while the iron is hot..

You could be right, Doc. Never know what the future holds. Regardless, my wife would shoot me if I sold the NSX. I received an offer earlier this year that reflected the recent BaT prices (or even higher than some) and she said "you will regret selling that car". I married well.

As someone who purchased a 1992 recently at the other end of the spectrum I'm blown away by these prices. I was going to pass up my deal and wait a few years but my wife talked me into it and I'm glad I pulled the trigger. Even if these cars don't stay this high, I think they will be priced out of the average car enthusiast market sooner than we think.

Market volatility very possible but don't see prices falling again to 'affordable' levels. Demand would be too great supply very limited. -Captain Obvious

Last edited:
Since all the Silverstones appear to be in this thread, I wonder how my 04 Silver/Silver Auto w/ 35k miles would do?
There's never been an 02+ Auto on BAT before.
It's obviously not as desirable to many, but BAT seems to bring more eyeballs and value to their site than here.

Since all the Silverstones appear to be in this thread, I wonder how my 04 Silver/Silver Auto w/ 35k miles would do?
It's obviously not as desirable to many, but BAT seems to bring more eyeballs and value to their site than here.

Not for certain, but considering how many of the youngsters can't drive a stick, the auto will probably fetch a higher dollar as the years go by. :tongue:
Personally, I dislike the trend of sports cars deleting the option of a third pedal. My wife drives a 718 with a PDK trans. I find it sort of boring, but it's her daily driver, so it's actually quite convenient for her.

Hang on to that 2004 silver auto and watch it appreciate. :)

And another one sells for $150,000 (including $5,000 BaT fee). https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-acura-nsx-13/

I really thought this auction might go quite a bit lower than the previous one sold for $175K (+5,000 fee) and it did, but still what a sale price! The NSX is certainly pretty (and has that unicorn "1-owner" tag), but frankly I noticed the picture of the rear bumper (passenger side) which must have been removed at some time for whatever reason. Also the paint chip repairs and the wear on the seats was odd for mileage. The concept of value for 1-owner vs. actual condition of a car just doesn't make much sense to me. Oh, and sorry new owner - you are the 2nd owner so I guess the car just lost value. It's a whacky world.....

Last edited:

Here's a 66k mile 2003 automatic being auctioned on DeMuro's CarsandBids.com now, it will be interesting to see where it ends up.
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/30la7DyG/2003-acura-nsx-t

A buddy at work showed me the auction for the Blue/Tan automatic. It will be interesting to see how an auto with the rare Blue works out. I think it was only owned by the seller for about 3 months? Hmm....

Last edited:
Here's a 66k mile 2003 automatic being auctioned on DeMuro's CarsandBids.com now, it will be interesting to see where it ends up.
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/30la7DyG/2003-acura-nsx-t

Looks like the final sale for the auto tran NSX was quite low compared to man. trans alternatives of late. Blue/Tan color should have been a perk, but modified stereo, mileage and over condition likely hurt the sale more than the Blue color could help.

haHa awesome,,,wasn't he trying to find his original car for so many years...

Back