• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

low mileage 91 nsx

Nice car but I would HAVE to drive it. It's like having a beautiful girlfriend and not......well you know :redface: :smile:

That is certainly low...I've seen lower though.

The Acura dealership in Albuquerque NM had one sitting outside for a while that was even lower I believe and not for sale. It should have been in the showroom in some corner but like most car dealerships they tend to give a rats...

Are chances pretty good that some people bought a 91 and put it into storage? I would think that for some high end collectors, $50K was a pretty cheap investment. I can see them draining the fuel, fogging the cylinders, treating the bushings and putting it into climate controlled storage, to be rolled out twenty years from now with little more than the test track mileage on them. Heck some of they may have bought two, more to store and one to drive :D

Are chances pretty good that some people bought a 91 and put it into storage? I would think that for some high end collectors, $50K was a pretty cheap investment. I can see them draining the fuel, fogging the cylinders, treating the bushings and putting it into climate controlled storage, to be rolled out twenty years from now with little more than the test track mileage on them. Heck some of they may have bought two, more to store and one to drive :D

I don't know what the owners intended when they bought them, but I've seen a few over the years that virtually qualify as a museum car.
Hey, the NSX replacement is due eventually. Here's your chance to flatbed one home and put it up on blocks until you're an old man.:biggrin:

That was a VERY poor investment. + the guy or gal never got to enjoy it.

I've never seen a car be a good investment ;) However, what if ten years from now, it crosses the block at BJ for 100K? Still a pretty poor rate of return but at least some increase in value. My generation grew up lusting over early Corvettes, the ones that now sell for 100K+. Ten years from now it will be the generation that riced out Civics and dreamed of NSX's that will be acquiring collector cars and I bet the Japanese vehicles will get a lot of attention. My 20 year old students have no desire for a big block 67 Vette but would give their left arm for an NSX.

Ten years from now it will be the generation that riced out Civics and dreamed of NSX's that will be acquiring collector cars and I bet the Japanese vehicles will get a lot of attention. My 20 year old students have no desire for a big block 67 Vette but would give their left arm for an NSX.

Point taken. My son and daughter would NEVER own an American designed and built car and that goes for 99.9% of their friends. When all the baby boomers are gone so will be GM, Ford etc. If not gone in name, controlled by interests outside the US. I'm to that point and a boomer who grew up with Detroit's finest!

That ass is only 4 miles from my house. He is the biggest prick you'll ever meet. Everyone in the "know" in Milwaukee know's about "Harry". I think he's done some time in the past for tax fraud or something like that. My wife and I went to see an XK8 there 2 years ago. How he sells 5 cars a year with his rudeness and overt pompASS attitude I'll never know.

Oh, that is a low mileage NSX!

I assume this company is in the Milwaukee area (I am not familiar with WI). My father purchased a '99 Plymouth Prowler from e-bay about 5 months ago from them. He did a lot of research on the company and said they have excellent credentials. He said the overall experience with this company was exceptional, far above what his expectations were. Everything they said about the car he purchased was completely accurate, so his plane trip and subsequent drive home were well worth his time. I'm not endorsing a Prowler, I am just providing feedback about the company that is selling this NSX. I hope this NSX finds a good home. :biggrin:

John
'91 Red/Ivory

NSX no. 83 I know of is still sitting in the showroom for more than 17 years now waiting for a driver, never registrated, 1k miles on it, 100% showroom condition and I still have a copy of the documents of it because I nearly bought this car seven years ago before I've found my actual one. The price is very fair and as soon as it has been waiting in the showroom for 20 years...

I wonder how much the car was traded for. The owner probably wasn't even a Honda/ NSX lover, probably just some rich dude. I'm sure that he would have tried to sell it on here if he was. Especially since it's a one owner vehicle.

Why buy a car, keep it for 17 years and put 4,000 miles on it? Then sell it for probably $40,000 less than what you paid for it. Probably more than that. He probably paid over sticker for the car. That's like spending at least $10,000 for every 1000 miles of ownership!

I guess when you're rich, you just don't care. But at least drive the damn thing.

And I bet that dude was like one of the first people to order one, then he just threw it into his garage and forgot about it.

How do you buy a car like that and then actually drive it! Every mile you put on it reduces its value exponentially. Of course, if you are going to use it as in investment, you probably will not do very well, as we all know. I have a neighbor who purchased the last Ford GT made. He had it flatbeded to his home with 20 miles on it and now he is afraid to drive it. He starts it up every now and again. While I'll bet the value of this car will increase, he would probably do better with some type of wise investment.

That ass is only 4 miles from my house. He is the biggest prick you'll ever meet. Everyone in the "know" in Milwaukee know's about "Harry". I think he's done some time in the past for tax fraud or something like that. My wife and I went to see an XK8 there 2 years ago. How he sells 5 cars a year with his rudeness and overt pompASS attitude I'll never know.

Oh, that is a low mileage NSX!

I originally was looking at this NSX until I did a search on the dealership. Found out about the money laundering and didn't look back. Here is a court of appeals document if anyone is interested...

http://cases.justia.com/us-court-of-appeals/F2/951/793/257283/

To each their own I guess but someone may want to know what type of people they could be dealing with here. I don't have any personal experience with Harry or the dealership. Just my $.02 on what I found.

Back