• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

low price Carnauba wax and Glaze?

ast week I payed a couple of hundred of Euro for Black Fire Midnight Sun Kit with Carnauba wax and some Zymol and Meguiars products. then I went in the supermarket here in Kuwait and I find this wax and Glaze claiming to be Carnauba based product for a value of about 7/8 US$...
is possible have real Carnauba product for for a such low price?
(Kuwait is not a duty free price country)
price is in Kuwait Dinar

300320121602.jpg

300320121603.jpg

Carnauba content, as well as other ingredients, varies by product. For example, Zymol Japon has around 33 percent carnauba, and their NSX and other ultra-premium waxes have around 50 percent carnauba. Meguiar's products are generally around 5 percent, and off brands can be in the 1-2 percent range. And the amount of carnauba in a one-step "wash and wax" product is going to be miniscule.

In addition to what Ken said, the grade and quality of carnauba can vary greatly. High grade caranuba takes many more steps in the refinement process to achieve a fine white powder thats blended into car wax.

To answer your question, do these low price carnauba waxes actually have carnauba? Probably, but the quality is and quantity is so low that users won't notice the difference. Its basically marketing to make it sound more competitive.

When you own an NSX why are you looking for the cheapest anything?
Quality is the point without paying stupid prices.

Cheers
nigel

When you own an NSX why are you looking for the cheapest anything?
Quality is the point without paying stupid prices.

Cheers
nigel

That was my thoughts too..but then, maybe owning an NSX is so damn expensive, you find yourself looking for the cheap stuff to offset? :biggrin:

That was my thoughts too..but then, maybe owning an NSX is so damn expensive, you find yourself looking for the cheap stuff to offset?
biggrin.gif

Classic chicken or egg paradox...

Anyways, the wax you bought is good stuff, but it seems a little expensive. Where did you buy it from?

Back