• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Major service is due?

My black 92 NSX has 20,000 miles. Is there a major service coming up (other than the oil-change every 2500)? I didn't want to believe what the service rep at the dealer, who told me the major service is due and costs around $1000!!! I need more info on this, thanks!

The owners manual lists all scheduled maintenance. Some items do cost around $1000 such as timing belt and water pump replacement because they involve a lot of labor.

Review the maintenance schedule with your service department or independent mechanic (hopefully whoever you use has a lot of experience with NSX's). Most service items are specified based on time AND mileage. For example, there is a lot of service that is required every 60,000 miles or every four years, whichever comes first. Your car is eight years old and many services may be overdue if they've never been performed. You can find the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual or in the FAQ part of this website at http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Maintenance/MaintSchedule.htm

You can also find typical costs for scheduled mainteance in the FAQ. $1000 is a fairly typical price for the 60K service and may even be a bargain if it also includes the coolant flush that should have been done with the 45K service.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 21 August 2000).]

Back