• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Man named Phuc Dat Bich gets his Facebook account shut down

This poor guy had his Facebook account shut down because the company thinks he is giving a false and misleading name.
Wondering how much difficulty this guy faces in renewing his driver's licence, passport, or other government issued identification.
Didn't his parents consider that his name would grab attention in a bad way when they were thinking of a name for their son after birth?

Man named Phuc Dat Bich blasts Facebook for shut down - Fox 5 NY | WNYW

A Facebook post by a man named Phuc Dat Bich has gone viral. The Australian of Vietnamese descent says his account has been shutdown several times by the social media site. The issue appears to be centered on his name.

According to Bich, 23, Facebook accuses him of having a "false and misleading" name.

Bich even posted a photo of his passport that showed his full name.

Earlier this year, Bich wrote:

"I find it highly irritating the fact that nobody seems to believe me when I say that my full legal name is how you see it."

The post went viral Friday after a newspaper in Australia got wind of the issue.

Bich appeared to be back on Facebook after he re-posted a link to the article.

main-phuc-dat-bitch.jpg

Phuc Dat Bich
Works at National Australia Bank · 25,665 followers · January 27 ·

I find it highly irritating the fact that nobody seems to believe me when I say that my full legal name is how you see it. I've been accused of using a false and misleading name of which I find very offensive. Is it because I'm Asian? Is it?
Having my fb shut down multiple times and forced to change my name to my "real" name, so just to put it out there. My name.

Yours sincerely,

Phuc Dat Bich

Lmao!!! Best name ever!!!! That is going to be my new internet name... Phuc Dat Bich:biggrin:

I guess it could be worse. Lets assume his name was Phuc Yu Bich. And now he gets stopped by Police and asked his full name? Yes that could be a big problem, lol.

Back