• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Massive Performance Upgrade?

Howdy!
So here's the low down, I picked up a 2019 NSX about a year and a half ago, I love the car, and think it drives well and looks stunning. I am looking to upgrade the car to make some pretty large hp numbers (In the 800's-900's) but see that none of the well known tuner companies (UGR or Heffner Performance) make upgraded turbo kits or built engines for the second generation NSX. I was wondering if anyone on the forum knows if there is a company out there that can do this, or if anyone has done it on their own car?

I know there are a few plug-n-play tunes you can throw on the car to obtain an additional 80-100hp but thats not really what im looking for.

I appreciate your help!
Thanks!

connor

With working from home and social distancing I needed a distraction and was thinking about the same thing.. From what I've read the reciprocating parts look pretty stout. Don't know about the head sealing. It's never cheap to be the first guinea pig which I have in the past. I've got the JB4 and was thinking of adding a 100 shot of NOS which should get the car in the low 10s and make it really potent street bully. But to be in 720 McLaren territory you're going to need some bigger turbo's and more fuel.
Maybe a call to Chris at Science of Speed might shed some light. I know they have some methanol injection but I've done that and its a pia as is water injection.
Jimmy aka sled driver

Hello Jimmy!
I actually got in contact with Science of Speed the other day and they said that the issue would be with the clutch packs not being able to handle the massive increase in torque, and as far as they know, there is no solution to that issue. I'm sure with a lot of time in R&D as well as about 100,000 bucks, they would be able to make something work, but for the time being they don't have a solution. I am waiting to hear back from UGR, Hennessy, and Heffner Performance.

Thanks for your reply and will keep you updated!

any of those tuners will take your money and try....ask ugr what they did to the trans of their many 1000hp lambos and R8's

Last edited:
Back