• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MAX Mounting Depth w/ SOS speaker plates

I tried to do a search. Does anyone know what the MAX total depth 6.5 inch speaker we can use? Don't know if it matters but I have the SOS updated speaker plates as well. I know SOS uses the Hertz ESK165 that has a total depth of 72mm. Forgive my ignorance, but I take it I should be going by total depth and NOT mounting depth but correct me if I am wrong.

Thx

Jeff

Any updates to this? I am looking at Focal PS 165fxe component speakers, curious if they will fit with the SOS mounting plates.

FS 165FXE requires mounting depth of 77mm or 3.0315

I am installing speakers using the SOS mounting plates now using woofer in the Hertz MPK 165.3 PRO kit with a baffle that extends it even further. There are no clearance issues.

Jedi 14323 I actually just bought the same speakers and a silicon baffle. Did you buy the MITA tweeter pods for the tweeters?
Any pics of your installation. Did you cut the Bose speaker wiring or use a speaker adaptor to run to the mid range woofers?

am installing speakers using the SOS mounting plates now using woofer in the Hertz MPK 165.3 PRO kit with a baffle that extends it even further. There are no clearance issues.
Jedi 14323 I actually just bought the same speakers and a silicon baffle. Did you buy the MITA tweeter pods for the tweeters?
Any pics of your installation. Did you cut the Bose speaker wiring or use a speaker adaptor to run to the mid range woofers?

Sorry for the late reply. I used the MITA Tweeter pods. I used my Dremel and sanded down the pods until they fit. I was able to retain the three mounting posts. For the connection to the speakers I used the OEM wiring to the doors and I added male spades and plugged into the OEM harness. I hope I was not too late in my response. IMG_2067_v2.jpg IMG_1801_v2.jpgIMG_1803_v2.jpgIMG_1805_v2.jpg

Last edited:
Back