• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

!! May 18th Dunnville Autodrome lapping event - www.Touge.ca

2008 3rd Touge.ca Dunnville Autodrome Track day May 18th

Hello all NSX drivers,

We're starting to build a list for the track day signup on the 18th of May.
We have the track Sunday evening from 4:00pm - 8:00 pm

A little background -

The Dunville Circuit is one of the safest tracks you can learn on. It's not very fast (save for the around 1/4 mile back straight) and very technical. It's also very fun and you'll spend the whole day mastering your line, and there are some pretty good photo ops.

track.gif

This is how it will work, for those not familiar with our track days. We're limiting this track day to about 30 cars since we have 4 hours lapping time instead of 3. This gives you plenty of time and room on the track while keeping the crowd down.

We usually have a briefing prior to getting out on the track, followed by a few warm up laps, then lapping for the rest of the day. "Lapping" refers to just that, doing laps. Passing is STRICTLY prohibited except on the back straight, and only when the person in front of you has allowed you by by signaling you to pass. We reserve all rights to kick people off the track that are driving dangerously and/or aren't listening to track marshalls.
For those that have never been to the track, we encourage you to try it out, even if you're still on stock tires (they'll suck, and burn up quick, but it's still fun)

All those interested in attending this track day on May 18th
Please Email me your info below:

Include first name and last initial, car type, & contact info
i.e.
- First & Last name:
- Your car make, model, color, year:
- phone #
- Email address:
- I want to drive my car at the track on May 18th.

Helmets is strongly recommended for safety reasons, you will have to sign a disclaimer at the track, for those who do not wear helmet and not following our lapping rules, the participants take full responsibility for their action. (if you have helmets, it won't hurt to bring them up). If you don't have one, you can rent one at the track for $10.
Note: Helmets are MANDATORY for soft-top convertibles.

We've got a fully designed flash animated website with track configuration and map. Kindly visit www.Touge.ca for all details.
All those interested please email me & sign up asap.

** Payment/Deposit**

Prepaid:
$75 CAD (Prior to May 12th)
After May 12th or At the track: $100 CAD

** All prepaid no later than MAY 12TH, Monday **

Please contact Kevin if you want to meet up to pay for the track fee.
Whoever wants to pay the track fee by Email money Transfer, PAYPAL or Money Order, kindly contact Kevin (416-5649999) or email [email protected] for instruction.

For those never use Paypal before, pls go to http://www.paypal.com

**Map, meet and departure details on www.Touge.ca May 18th Dunnville page.

The Track is about 1 hour and 15 mins drive from Toronto. The Dunville Circuit is located at south of Hamilton, east of Cayuga track. around 1 hr and 15 mins drive from Toronto. We will meet together in Toronto and cruise down there like our Shannonville Track days.
Notice: The track's modification is done, and curbings are in good shape!
Photos from 2006 KK Dunnville Autodrome Lapping event

lrg-3895-lotus.JPG

lrg-2044-is_00200.jpg

lrg-1513-is_02749.jpg

lrg-2140-is_00259.jpg

Guys, from reading this post this is not a day for "Beginners" and not sanctioned by the Club.

The Hanson School, is a School, which means, in most cases, your car is actually covered by your insurance policy while on the track.

Additionally, I, and the Club, DO NOT recommend track days WITHOUT HELMETS - or even mixed environments (some people have 'em some don't.)

Helmets are an important safety device and should be worn, if you'd wear one skiing or on a bike, why wouldn't you wear one in a car, at speed, on a track?

If you are track-curious, please learn at a formal school that features:

1) Class Room Instruction by professionals - believe it or not, you can get better at it by knowing what you're doing and asking questions - hard to do that IN the car while you're driving.

2) Segregated Run Groups - ie. beginners together, Intermediates together, etc. high closing speeds and spinning beginners are not a good combo

3) Full time in-car instruction - I know you're an awesome driver and could beat Senna himself around any track, but I'm sure you have bad habits that you will either reinforce or "cure" - don't reinforce stupidity, thats the basis for most crashes you hear about, someone THINKS they're great and has little instruction since they are so sure they don't need it. People rarely crash with a qualified instructor in the car.

If you're already an experienced track driver, do what you want,

Back