• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McLaren 600LT - ten minutes after leaving dealership

Cops catch supercar driver speeding 10 minutes after he leaves dealership

By Gary Gastelu | Fox News

McLaren's new sports car is pretty super

A Canadian man who couldn't drive 55, or even 56, ended up spending $36,300 per minute to take his new supercar for a spin.

The West Vancouver-area man was caught speeding in his $363,000 McLaren 600LT MSO just 10 minutes after picking it up from the dealership and had the car impounded, Global News Canada reported. Police say he was clocked doing 161 kph in a 90 kph zone on the Trans-Canada Highway. Those speeds convert roughly to 100 mph and 56 mph.

The 39-year-old was also fined $280 and had his car locked up for a week.

However, the impounded car is an even more hardcore version built by the McLaren Special Operations division that features additional carbon fiber parts to reduce weight, unique aerodynamic features and a signature roof-mounted air intake.

Yeah, saw that. I’m sure that aside from not being able to play with his new toy, the owner is not bothered much by the fine LOL.

Στάλθηκε από το iPad μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

If he was in Ontario, he would be in some serious trouble. Anything 50 km/h over the limit in Ontario is a $10,000 fine, roadside seizure of your vehicle, and (1) week in jail. :eek:

Similar story but with fatal result last week in Swaziland (Switzerland): https://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/m...o-es-tut-mir-unglaublich-leid-id15384423.html

In short: 23-old internet-yuppie test-drove it very aggressively, overtaking several cars with high risk, lost control. The drive of the bicycle is still in coma. I hope this bloddy mother****er ends up in jail for a very long time. What punishment would you expect in the US?

To be fair that per minute cost will drop consistently and quickly and I doubt that speeding ticket was more than cigarette money to the guy who had the McLaren.

Back