• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Megan Racing Setup

Update!
Finally after a five year period of completing the project from two wrecked NSXs, I got it on the road! Did the alignment and corner balance at West End Alignment in Gardena, CA. Was a 100 miles away but well worth the trip! Darin worked his magic and set the height just right, about a 3/4 inch drop. Now the car drives fantastic, never knew what the car would feel like or could do until yesterday. Price was very fair at $250, one very happy grining customer. The tires are very sticky and resist drifting, takes a lot to break them free but once you do, it's tricky to get back control. Guess it's just my short experience driving this car. Very happy at the moment!

Stephen

I was wondering..............
Have just purchased a good set of Megan Racing Coilovers for my 95T. Also picked up a perfect set of Forgeline Competiton rims. I would like some coments about my setup and tire choice. I can change my selection of tires because they aren't shipped yet. This is what my research and hard bargain finding has yielded. Not wealthy so made the best choices with the resources available to me. This is a weekend driver for fun, not used every day, tracked or auto crossed but I do want car to handle and perform as it was designed and intended to.
Suggestions for different tires, ride height, spring rates etc. would be appreciated.

Car: 95' NSX T has stock engine + Trans from 1991 chasis
Typical temperature: 65 to 75 degrees throughout the year
Driving style: Spirited
Driven in rain? Not if I can help it, rarily rains in Southern California
Track Car?: No
Mods: Adj struts, DC sport headers, OS Giken LSD differental, SPEC stage 1 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel
Struts: Megan Racing Coilovers
Sway Bars: Front 22mm Rear Stock
Car Height: Droped 3/4 inch, no rubbing inner liners, clears driveway apron
Rims: Forgeline Competiton Pro
Size Rims: Front 17x8 Rear 18x10
Tires: Yokohama Advan Neova AD08
Tire Size: Front 17/40/215 and 18/35/265 Rear

Attachments

• Roof & Tires 011.jpg
    Roof & Tires 011.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 66
  • Roof & Tires 012.jpg
    Roof & Tires 012.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 67
  • Roof & Tires 013.jpg
    Roof & Tires 013.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 83
  • Roof & Tires 009.jpg
    Roof & Tires 009.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Talked to a friend and he recomends buying a .87" front sway bar, keep the stock rear bar and swap front springs with rear springs then re-valve the struts. Anyone know how to do that on the Megan Racing struts?

Stephen

I was wondering..............
Have just purchased a good set of Megan Racing Coilovers for my 95T. Also picked up a perfect set of Forgeline Competiton rims.

Megan Coilovers (made by BC Coilovers) are a monotube design with linear spring rates of 8K front and 6K rear and includes front camber plates all for under $1K.

For mainly street use (and occasional track days), these are the best bang-4-buck setup. You may want to add sway bars and some negative front camber. Don't forget the alignment:smile:

VNSXAMG996TT,

Thanks for the info but all sellers of the Megan's list 8K front and 10K rear. You could be right may have to call someone to be sure. 0.87" sway bar is available localy. Luckily for me, live in Southern California and close enough to use West End Alignment. Have an apointment with them set for Aug 23rd. Want them to do ride height, damper settings, corner balance, the works! What about lowering the car now that I have bigger wheels? One inch sound good? Won't require modified suspension components for that drop?

Stephen

Megan Coilovers (made by BC Coilovers) are a monotube design with linear spring rates of 8K front and 6K rear and includes front camber plates all for under $1K.

For mainly street use (and occasional track days), these are the best bang-4-buck setup. You may want to add sway bars and some negative front camber. Don't forget the alignment:smile:

Back