• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meguiar's NXT 2.0

I just waxed the car with XT 2.0 and it came out very good and glossy. Car looks new again. Tip: don't apply too much.

I was viewing a ICEE wax commercial. It was compared with XT 2.0. Anyone try it?

Last edited:
I put this on last week. Using not too much, letting it dry completely, and removing with a microfiber rag (I typically use cotton) revealed some excellent looking and feel results. SUPER slick surface now.

We will see how it holds up.

My car is slick after using 2.0 also with a Mothers claybar system round immediately before it.

4 days after wash, I do not perceive much difference from 1.0. We will see how it lasts, but honestly, its so easy to put this stuff on and off that longevity doesnt matter (in my mind) very much.

From the suggestions on this posting I picked up the 2.0 this weekend and applied it to my wife's car first. She rarley sits still long enough for me to wash her car so it stays too dirty for my liking. I got the opportunity to use the 2.0 with the Porter Cable. It took no time at all and the car looks new:biggrin: !

I should have done the Clay bar system first but I was short on time and wanted to see how the product held up. It is raining today so I will be egar to see how her car holds up after a few days.

But it was so easy to put on and it looked awesome, who cares I will just reaply.

Good suggestion and great product::smile:

NXT 2.0 is leaps and bounds more advanced than the original.

I'm lucky that my friend works with Meguiars -which is down the street, and I get all of the products and have him detail my car before they hit the market :tongue:

NXT 2.0 is leaps and bounds more advanced than the original.

I'm lucky that my friend works with Meguiars -which is down the street, and I get all of the products and have him detail my car before they hit the market :tongue:

How about Turtle Wax ice? It claims that it better than NXT 2.0 on their info commerical. It does a compete comparison. I'm going to try the ice today and see if there's a difference.

Update: I just used the Turtle Wax ice. It goes on so smooooth and it does not leave any white wax residue at all. Goes on and off very easy. Almost feels like you're putting a coat of armorall, but does not leave the greasy film. Still testing and skeptical about the product. Too easy and looks too good. It will definitely will hide blemishes and any oxidation in the paint. Highly recommend for D.D.

Last edited:
Carnuba based, P21S is difficult to beat for quality, ease of use, price.

For synthetics, I dropped Zaino for NXT 1.0 and begun using that for customer's cars as well as my own. I'm looking forward to using up my bottle of 1.0 and trying out 2.0.

I've heard good things about Turtle Wax Ice but no experience using it.

Detailing is like playing music. The more you practice the better you get at it. There is always a new product to try or way to quicken the process. What it boils down to is, you can only save so much time before you have more products than you need instead of putting time into using the few that you have.

A majority of it is in the prepwork. Like a great paint job, its the time you invest prior to NXT or Turtle Wax or Zymol or P21S or Pinnacle or... and using the product as intended as best you can.

I've used 1.0 and 2.0. 2.0 is only slightly better in that it's a little more durable. But compared to detailer products, it sucks. It's typical Meguiars clever marketing garbage. I washed my 2.0 treated M3 last weekend and saw very spotted wear. This was only after a month or so of 2.0 and my car hardly sees the light of day. My Zaino holds up better and if you are really serious about good detailing you will use products like Chemical Guys sealant and wax. Yes you can find Meguairs at Walmart and it's cheap, but for a few dollars more you will be much better off. I'm not wasting my money on Meguairs garbage anymore.

Paste NXT 1.0 does better than the squeeze bottle 1.0 for longevity, IMO. I use it on the DD. Worth swapping up to 2.0 paste?

FWIW, I use Pinnacle Souveran for the NSX. Never personally used anything that looks better than that but it doesn't last very long.

I've used 1.0 and 2.0. 2.0 is only slightly better in that it's a little more durable. But compared to detailer products, it sucks. It's typical Meguiars clever marketing garbage. I washed my 2.0 treated M3 last weekend and saw very spotted wear. This was only after a month or so of 2.0 and my car hardly sees the light of day. My Zaino holds up better and if you are really serious about good detailing you will use products like Chemical Guys sealant and wax. Yes you can find Meguairs at Walmart and it's cheap, but for a few dollars more you will be much better off. I'm not wasting my money on Meguairs garbage anymore.
According to my friend, 2.0 is up to par with most of Meguiars' detailer products. -compared to 1.0 which was much less user friendly and not up to the caliber of their exclusive detailer products.

Paste dosn't hold up better than liquid as they both transfer the same amount of product onto the car, and the vast majority dosn't 'stick' to the paint and is wiped off anyway, its just harder to apply and remove.

-from meguiars.

Completely different formula, durability (lasts much longer -few months), much easier to come off, much more user friendly.

-coming from my friend who is an automotive detailer, works with Meguiars but more as an independent tester.

Have you actually used the stuff yourself??

I have and I don't find it that easy to remove, especially on a black car. Also don't find it's durability to last longer then one wash on my wifes daily driver.

I am a professional detailer and I just don't see it being as good as some say it is at all.

A new formula huh? haha :rolleyes:

Have you actually used the stuff yourself??

I have and I don't find it that easy to remove, especially on a black car. Also don't find it's durability to last longer then one wash on my wifes daily driver.

I am a professional detailer and I just don't see it being as good as some say it is at all.

A new formula huh? haha :rolleyes:
Yes I have used it myself.

I also had my friend/detailer use it on another of my cars.

I also have a black car. They are a PITA no matter what you do/use -you should know that as a detailer.

-According to them directly, yes its a new formula. Yes its a lot different/better than 1.0.

Thats all the info I can provide. Other than that, I really don't care to argue for it as everyone will have their biases/opinions and frankly, I don't really care. My cars look good, i'm happy with using whatever my detailer says as he has a few cars of his own that he tests various products from various companies and gives me the rundown, and uses what's best for my applications.

I have heard that Zaino is better, but I have never used it. I hear that you have to go through various step and several products to prep it etc.... Do you end up wiping or waxing the whole car 3-4 times before the final polish?? Is this true? I'll have to try it. Is there a class or demo to watch how it's done or what??

Zaino is indeed superior.

Since it's not offered at stores and is not as easy to acquire, most of these threads are for 2nd place products or products for the masses.

The only thing 2nd place around here are opinions like these.

Picking a wax is like picking a girlfriend. Not everyone is going to have the same tastes, needs, and wants.

The ideal product for my personal use is different from the product I use and/or recommend for customers and could again be different for enthusiasts for precisely this reason.

Based on your experience so far I don't see anything of value to your contributions.

I'm a quickie type of guy. I'm just looking for a good 1-2 stokes of wax back and forth and be done with it. Not into multiple jobs. I'll end up with carpal tunnel syndrome. LOL

How about a demonstration on Zanio.

Last edited:
The only thing 2nd place around here are opinions like these.

Picking a wax is like picking a girlfriend. Not everyone is going to have the same tastes, needs, and wants.

The ideal product for my personal use is different from the product I use and/or recommend for customers and could again be different for enthusiasts for precisely this reason.

Based on your experience so far I don't see anything of value to your contributions.

Have u used Zaino?

The shine, if u have functional optical organic sensors in the proper lighting is observable. It's a matter of fact that can be reproduced.

I've owned black cars for years and wash and wax my cars every week. I pay attention to detail and have tried alot of products that claims this and that.

I'm a quickie type of guy. I'm just looking for a good 1-2 stokes [or else] I'll end up with carpal tunnel syndrome. LOL

I'm with you! :biggrin: :biggrin:

If you have a black car, it's best to use Zaino because nothing can cure the scratches and swirls. Only lots of elbow work and "wax on...wax off..." I give you guys lots of credit with maintaining black cars because it could be a pain in the A$$. "Been there, done that..." Never again.

I just bought NXT 2.0 and used it this past weekend. (I used to use NXT 1.0). Very happy with the results and my friends liked it as well.

niM

I just bought some of this NXT 2.0 and applied it this weekend after claying the car as well. Put it on by hand, it went on really easy, and came off without fuss as well. We'll see how it holds up--my car is a daily and I put a lot of miles on it during the week, so it should be a good test.

For those who asked about Ice, I have been using it for about 4 months. I put a coat of wax, Eagle One Nano liquid, in the late winter on a warm day and used the Eagle one Clear Spray wax as a touch up and detailer every now and then. Then i ran out of the Eagle one spray as it wasn't available and tried Meguires detail spray and found it terrible. It streaked didn't hold up, and had a lousy shine for a black car. Then I tried Ice clear spray and was blown away. Better and longer lasting than the Eagle One spray and very easy to apply and wipe off, similar to NXT 2.0 from what I read. But the shine, ease of application and durability are incredible. The Ice hides swirls and maintains a great wet look. As you apply more layers after a quick wash or as a detailer it gets even deeper.

I have 2 black cars, NSX and a Subaru, and I use it on both with great results. Nothing so far looked better on a black car than Ice. The Subaru is my wife's DD and her car shines through the dirt after a rain. Pretty amazing since she rarely gets it washed. I reapply the Ice after every other wash or so since it takes about 5 minutes to do it.

All I can say is "Try it, you'll like it".

Tytus

Back