• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

Awww... I had 3 growing up! First I barely remember since I was so young. Second one was super sweet. As big as a bear. Third one was a little crazy! Super loyal but man... i'd be afraid to take him on walks haha. Loved all of them dearly.

I am in the process of learning about these breeds and boy they sure are some amazing creatures! Ours was a surprise wedding gift to my wife and I from her best friend who is great friends with a breeder. I'd say we got quite lucky with ours being that she is extremely friendly, beautiful and energetic but not over the top like a working line breed. Definitely manageable but of course still working on training, I don't think that part ever really ends completely.

No problem junior but you forgot to mention the Kobe poster I gave you seen in the background :wink: I also see an NSX poster too. Where did you get that:biggrin:

I have to thank my grandpa @LMR for helping me create the Mamba Mentality logo :biggrin:

qfRjmy0h.jpg

No problem junior but you forgot to mention the Kobe poster I gave you seen in the background :wink: I also see an NSX poster too. Where did you get that:biggrin:

Ahhhh yes, good catch! Didn't want to mention that in case you had trouble finding the nsx and kobe poster given your eyesight is not the best these days :tongue:

Ahhhh yes, good catch! Didn't want to mention that in case you had trouble finding the nsx and kobe poster given your eyesight is not the best these days :tongue:

My eyesight is fine but your memory is not the best these days:tongue:

Anyways back on topic. Car looking real good. You need to get it back on the road soon. We are out on a drive every weekend and you need to join us. You know my number.:wink:

I leave the OC for a little while and you get married, a house, a dog and a gym. Man, time flies. Congratulations on your proceeding life.

My eyesight is fine but your memory is not the best these days:tongue:

Anyways back on topic. Car looking real good. You need to get it back on the road soon. We are out on a drive every weekend and you need to join us. You know my number.:wink:

Okay, time to make you an appt grandpa :biggrin:. Yes lets cruise PCH! Kat and I would love to! Time to take the car off the tender :cool:

I leave the OC for a little while and you get married, a house, a dog and a gym. Man, time flies. Congratulations on your proceeding life.

Thank you JC! I know the day will come soon when we will all get to catch up and chat about pre and intra pandemic events! I hope you Pam and Hope have been well! I am no longer on fb so the updates that I used to normally see are no more! I know you're still cranking out weekly roses on Friday :rolleyes:

My eyesight is fine but your memory is not the best these days:tongue: (From my previous post)

Okay, time to make you an appt grandpa :biggrin:. Yes lets cruise PCH! Kat and I would love to! Time to take the car off the tender :cool:

Thanks for proving my point junior, time to make you an appointment:wink:

Let me know when you can do the drive or should I call you in case you forgot my number:tongue:

hmmm a gym in the garage........working on a future hottest owners thread revival....

Not a whole lot to update here but an update nonetheless. Have been busy working on my garage and finalizing that project. Happy to report that it's almost complete!

In the recent months, I snatched up a set of used Fujitsubo headers. Being that my NSX came with Comptech headers at purchase, I had no real desire to fork out crazy monies for the Fuji, but they had always been on my radar. Well, the time has come to remove my Comptech and install the Fuji. Before doing so, a final drive was in order since I know the car will be down for some mid pipe fabrication.

k6NEAnDl.jpg

wzUycIYl.jpg

sfa03Fql.jpg

Fun drive with some friends along PCH. Now to remove the headers!

IbUqsU0l.jpg

12GloGsl.jpg

Some interesting key comparisons to note between the comptech and fujitsubo:

50mm inlet on both

47mm ID outlet on CT
57mm ID outlet on Fuji

44.5mm piping diameter CT
45.5mm piping diameter Fuji

My ARC Ti test pipes are no longer functional with my new Fuji headers, but I knew that upon purchase. Reason I acquired the Fuji headers at a great price was because they were missing the adapter pipes that attach the header to the cats. Being that I am 97 anyway, those would not be functional for my application even if they came with them, unless I swapped to 91-94 test pipes and exhaust, which I'm not. I will be having a custom set of Ti test pipes fabricated that will mimic very closely how my ARC Ti pipes were set up. This includes a 3" inlet and flange with 3" piping immediately down-stepped to 2.5" piping into a slip joint and outlet flange at 2.5" to then mate to my ARC Ti exhaust. I hope I don't regret this undertaking lol... trial and error I suppose. I am happy to know that my highly coveted and favorite nsx part acquisition, 97-99 ARC Ti test pipes, now rest in the comfort of my favorite sumac milkshake consumer [MENTION=33027]Arkaid[/MENTION] :tongue:

Fuji headers installed and currently on waitlist to get piping fabbed up! Here's a sound clip:

82eHdpYl.mp4

Now with the car out of the way I was able to finish installing my new cabinet set up.

aPHrrcIl.jpg

FfP1Z1el.jpg

Excited to report back once those Ti pipes are fabbed up and installed!

Very nice looking NSX, particularly like the nod to Type S interior .. you’re so fortunate with the road conditions … wouldn’t dare go that low over here and as for the front splitter, that would be gone on the first drive !!

Congrats also on the life updates, health to enjoy all

very nice!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Chris! You inspired me to pull the trigger on the New Age stuff!

Nicely done sir, nicely done.

Thank you JC! Hope you and the family has a nice 4th!

Very nice looking NSX, particularly like the nod to Type S interior .. you’re so fortunate with the road conditions … wouldn’t dare go that low over here and as for the front splitter, that would be gone on the first drive !!

Congrats also on the life updates, health to enjoy all

Thank you kindly! The interior project was an accumulation of parts over several years and now my next phase will be the center console! Managed to find an OEM unmolested console so now I open a can of worms and revert back to stock.

Very nice!! Those headers are an epic piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx Roderick! The headers came up when I wasn't even searching for them but now I wait to complete the install! Can't wait to report back with custom fabricated Ti Test pipes :D

Great Job!

Thx Imran!

IbUqsU0l.jpg

12GloGsl.jpg

Some interesting key comparisons to note between the comptech and fujitsubo:

50mm inlet on both

47mm ID outlet on CT
57mm ID outlet on Fuji

44.5mm piping diameter CT
45.5mm piping diameter Fuji

My ARC Ti test pipes are no longer functional with my new Fuji headers, but I knew that upon purchase. Reason I acquired the Fuji headers at a great price was because they were missing the adapter pipes that attach the header to the cats. Being that I am 97 anyway, those would not be functional for my application even if they came with them, unless I swapped to 91-94 test pipes and exhaust, which I'm not. I will be having a custom set of Ti test pipes fabricated that will mimic very closely how my ARC Ti pipes were set up. This includes a 3" inlet and flange with 3" piping immediately down-stepped to 2.5" piping into a slip joint and outlet flange at 2.5" to then mate to my ARC Ti exhaust. I hope I don't regret this undertaking lol... trial and error I suppose. I am happy to know that my highly coveted and favorite nsx part acquisition, 97-99 ARC Ti test pipes, now rest in the comfort of my favorite sumac milkshake consumer @Arkaid :tongue:

Fuji headers installed and currently on waitlist to get piping fabbed up! Here's a sound clip:
!

I just realized we are making the exact switch from comptech to Fuji. Now I am not sure if my Advance TI pipe will work with my Fuji. My car is 1992 so it should be fine correct?

I am curious to see if you will be able to feel any HP gain from your butt dyno. I hope you did some sound clip before and after.

Last year over the summer, I completed a Stance air cup upgrade (cups only). I don't know why I never updated my thread with the progress, probably busy helping other owners with their kits on the facebook group pages... Anyways... here it is...

The solution to this is simple. As you are lowering the perch and as it is approaching the control arm, grab another jack and lift the lower control arm from the lower ball joint area, slowly, as to create more clearance for the perch to be swiveled down more. Once you reach desired height, be aware the at full droop your perch collar WILL come in contact with the control arm. It will not damage anything significantly to affect safety or performance.

This is literally EXACTLY what I did. My first cup kit set up, back in 2014, utilized 65mm ID, 8kg, 5.5in swift springs on the front of my KWv3. Because the KW spring ID is 61mm, there needed to be a spring reducer at the bottom perch to compensate for the bigger ID. I was advised to use a delrin reducer that sat on top of the OE kw helper, replacing the stock yellow kw spring reducer entirely, which worked fine. Over time and after much use, the delrin reducer ended up cracking. Around this time I had gone with 16/17 wheel set up and needed more lift than what I was running at the time. I decided to hop on the bandwagon and buy a pair of Stance cups due to their lift capability (~3.5 inches vs my previous ~2in) I decided to go back to the stock yellow kw spring reducer but I had some delrin/acetal washers made to fit around it. I was told this is beneficial for the health of the pistons inside the cups, as to prevent/reduce coil binding.

After mounting everything in, I was not too comfortable with the way the Swift spring sat over the stock yellow kw spring reducer. This is okay for the struts w/o air cups but I figured it would be better to have the main spring sitting flat at all times as to prevent premature scouring along the inner walls of the air cups (I imagine slightly uneven compressed weight sliding up and down inside the cup was not a good thing). I went ahead and disassembled it again and this time went with the KW club-sport spring 8kg (rate), 140mm (height), 61mm (inner diameter). I also replaced the stock yellow kw helper spring with a 61mm ID one from Hyperco. The design allows the main spring to sit completely flat once fully compressed. Here is a picture of assembly, I do not have a picture on hand whilst fully compressed.

I know this doesn't relate entirely to OP or the question asked by @JJM4life but figured I'd post this here in case it can help someone.

Wow this is nearly the exact info i needed, thanks.
BTW, how has the V3's held up with the Clubsport springs and the cups?
thanks,

I just realized we are making the exact switch from comptech to Fuji. Now I am not sure if my Advance TI pipe will work with my Fuji. My car is 1992 so it should be fine correct?

I am curious to see if you will be able to feel any HP gain from your butt dyno. I hope you did some sound clip before and after.

Yeah man you'll be fine! I am having to go with custom piping due to purchasing used fuji headers that did not come with the adapters at the collectors and also my existing exhaust is set up for 97-99. Fuji headers are intended for 91-94. I am finally getting around to having the piping fabricated this weekend! Looking forward to it.

Wow this is nearly the exact info i needed, thanks.
BTW, how has the V3's held up with the Clubsport springs and the cups?
thanks,

Oh wow this is awesome to see it has helped someone! Good on you for digging and doing the research. My suspension and cups are holding up beautifully! The KW were installed almost 10 years ago now and zero issues! (knock on wood)

Oh wow this is awesome to see it has helped someone! Good on you for digging and doing the research. My suspension and cups are holding up beautifully! The KW were installed almost 10 years ago now and zero issues! (knock on wood)

Well thanks for sharing, much appreciated.
BTW, love the big tire front wheels (bigger than most nowadays), really lends itself to the era of the car.

I went ahead and placed my order through Marc's site (mitamotorsports.com/rfy/seat-rail) and even took some photos for him when they arrived.

9bfCv35l.jpg

Next order of business was seat belt receptacles. I remember reading that the rear belt receptacles off an eclipse worked, but did not like the fact that I couldn't find any in black. In addition, I wanted to stay Honda if possible. With so many honda and acura cars having been produced in various markets around the globe, I knew it was highly probable that I'd be able to find a belt receptacle that would work with my Recaro seats and allow the NSX belt to buckle in properly. After scouring this very web forum, it was disclosed by Christian [MENTION=9710]austrian type-R[/MENTION] that the rear belt receptacles off of a UKDM Integra Type-R work ideally. Ended up tracking down a set from Michael at R-Motion [MENTION=26080]drmikey[/MENTION]

w5tKT9Vl.jpg

First test fit of the rails and belt receptacles was a HUGE success and made me extremely happy. [/img]

Could you PM me some contact info on how to get a set of these buckles? Seats look excellent, and I finally have some ABEs on the way. Trying to figure out how to mount them, and this seems like the ticket.

Back