• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michelin Pilot Sport all season 4 tires

Anyone tried the Michelin Pilot sport 4 tires on stock 2002-2005 NSX. Front has to be downsized from 215 to 205. This is a 10mm decrease in width by the numbers - but actual tire width according to tire rack are not that big a difference.

Michelin PS4 =7.7 inches 205/40/R17
Yokohama Neova AD08 = 7.9 inches 215/40/R17
Yokohama Advan AO52 = 7.9 inches 215/40/R17
Dunlop DIrezza ZIII = 7.8 inches, 215/40/R17

The difference of Yokohama to Michelin is 7.9 to 7.7 is 0.2 inches which is only 5mm of actual tire difference. And only 2.5 mm on the Dunlop compared to Michelin.

The new C8 has these Michelin tires as an option, so should be pretty good tires. Front would be 205/40 r17 and rear 255/40/17.
Any advice appreciated.

I say try it. Any slight understeer from the stagger should be anticipated if you are "pushing":wink: it on say a cannon run.

I bought a set for my 1997 NSX and I like them so far. I have a 17/18 rim setup. I went with 205/40R-17 front and 255/35R-18 rear. Bought them through Discount Tire Direct.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

I bought a set for my 1997 NSX and I like them so far. I have a 17/18 rim setup. I went with 205/40R-17 front and 255/35R-18 rear. Bought them through Discount Tire Direct.

Appreciate the reply. I was a looking through Discount tire as well. Hopefully they are quiet on the road and still have the great handling I have from my present Yokohama.

I also placed a set of Michelin Pilot Sport all season 4 tires on my car, however they were a bit noisy at high speeds, has anyone seen the same thing?

Last edited:
Engineering Explained did a video on the ps4s. After watching that I have confidence I would like to try it after my AD08R runs out. I don't mind the leaner width. Most people run way too wide in my opinion anyway.

Engineering Explained did a video on the ps4s. After watching that I have confidence I would like to try it after my AD08R runs out. I don't mind the leaner width. Most people run way too wide in my opinion anyway.

PS4S is a summer tire, different than the high-performance all-season we’ve been discussing.

Mine with the AS4's after a little drive. I have not noticed any noise with them.

IMG_2333.jpg

Last edited:
With the advances in tire technology over the last 30 years, I wouldn't be surprised if these AS4's outperform the original Yoko AO22 tires. Might be an interesting article to do, Billy? :) Drive 5 laps on the AO22's then swap to the AS4 and compare lap times and driver feel...

With the advances in tire technology over the last 30 years, I wouldn't be surprised if these AS4's outperform the original Yoko AO22 tires. Might be an interesting article to do, Billy? :) Drive 5 laps on the AO22's then swap to the AS4 and compare lap times and driver feel...
If someone wants to supply the car, tires and rent the track, let me know.

My bad, I was referring to ... the Michelin CrossClimate2 which is a snow tire which can also be driven in the Summer. However I do not think it is a performance tire.

Not a performance tire, but a great tire- I have those on my Prius wagon and the wife's minvan.

IMG_9975.jpgIMG_9974.jpgIMG_9973.jpg

New Michelin PS4 tires - so far loving them.

Last edited:
I’m starting to come around as far as this particular tire goes. I’ve been on the “what, you want to neuter the performance of this car with all-seasons?” grind for years.

The honest truth is that I’m not a track rat. 95% of my use is 3-season Cleveland weather cruising and occasional fast acceleration onto the highway. I take my NSX on the track once a year, for NSXPO.

This particular tire seems to offer fabulous performance for an all-season, and it comes in 17-18 NSX-friendly sizing. I’ve already reduced my performance with the Pirelli P Nero Zero GT tires I’ve been using. Those summer tires have higher tread wear and better wet performance that are necessary as I drive long distances for NSX events. Unfortunately, the supply for these Pirellis in NSX-friendly front sizes is starting to dry up and I will have to look for a replacement sooner than later. These could be a contender.

Looking forward to further reports about these Michelins.

So I’m looking at these tires again.

After my 5000 mile round trip to Oregon for NSXPO, including about 120 track miles, it is time to replace my rear Pirellis.

I know these are not track tires, but has anyone tried them for light tracking, as one would do at NSXPO? I track my car really only at NSXPO, so these long tread wear tires otherwise meet my typical use of the car as a “GT”/road trip car, with rain tolerance.

Any comments after almost a year on these tire from other posters here?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I know these are not track tires, but has anyone tried them for light tracking, as one would do at NSXPO? I track my car really only at NSXPO, so these long tread wear tires otherwise meet my typical use of the car as a “GT”/road trip car, with rain tolerance.
Any comments after almost a year on these tire from other posters here?

I haven’t driven on mine much, but they seem fine.

Tire Rack did a test comparing them to their summer performance tires, they did pretty well.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=270

But I personally wouldn’t replace just two tires if you want to use these.

Back