• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Three days of spectating and enjoying the Honda Indy 200 Indy Car Race Weekend at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course July 1-3. Honda sponsored a Civic Type-R Corral, and race day Sunday multiples of every color showed. First time seeing an NSX Type-S, and two were there. Spoke at length with HART Racing Team driver and Honda employee Chad Gilsinger. Ted Klaus was there and I found it interesting to speak with him. He has been retired for 18 months now. He provided some backstories on the 2017 NSX development and testing.

URGnSUZ.jpg

lmrs60u.jpg

dbAdJYA.jpg

1TJmJDD.jpg

OK, who's going to the Rolling Sculpture car show in Ann Arbor today?

We expect to arrive around noon, but just as a spectators this year...

I’d love to make it but I might be out of the country, don’t want to take up a spot if I’m not going to make it. Thanks for sharing!

Last call is this week according to the M1 team... let me know if your plans change!

OK, who's going to the Rolling Sculpture car show in Ann Arbor today?

We expect to arrive around noon, but just as a spectators this year...

I forgot to register and they wouldnt let me in late.... probably fine as the weather stunk.

I forgot to register and they wouldnt let me in late.... probably fine as the weather stunk.

We got to AA pretty early (1-ish pm, being retired kinda rocks ;-) so enjoyed watching all the cars stream in to fill the streets.

The weather was still fantastic when we had to leave around 5pm, and the rain didn't hit here at home until nearly 7pm.

We didn't see any NSX's (of any generation) but didn't do a final lap before leaving, so might have missed a stray one :wink:

I was pleased for my ONCE A YEAR NSX sighting. Tonight on my way home. M-14 and Gotfredson - an NC1 (2017-newer).

Low and wide.
Maybe silver?

Maybe J from N'Ville ?
Must have been, because the NSX was under 80 mph - per calibrated eyeballs.

We saw your blue manual NSX in the South Lyon car show :biggrin:

AND............ my intel sources reported seeing your nice red/onyx 1992 NSX at the south edge of South Lyon earlier in the day!!!

From today - 2017 Source Silver and 2005 LBBP - it was a very HOT and HUMID one:

HZ4PXHl.jpg

UrXLK7W.jpg

jerny3Y.jpg

Did anyone else sign up for the M1 Concourse car show Friday. They give you 2 tickets for being in it and the Mrs is not going so I have an extra ticket is anyone wants it. Let me know and I'll figure out how you pick it up at will call.

Did anyone else sign up for the M1 Concourse car show Friday. They give you 2 tickets for being in it and the Mrs is not going so I have an extra ticket is anyone wants it. Let me know and I'll figure out how you pick it up at will call.

I have a friend who would like to take you up on this generous offer!

Judi and I will be there tomorrow AND Saturday...

• We will have a ticket Will Call available for anyone who is using guest parking has a guest joining separately. You may bring your guest’s wristband to the front ticketing booth at the Woodward Ave gate. The attendant will place your wristband in an envelope with your guest’s name and hold onto it until your guest arrives and shows ID to claim wristband.

Sounds like I just need your friends name and I'll drop their wristband off once I get there. I'm planning on being there about 9am. Just message me or text me the name.

Got it, I take care of it when I get there, see you guys tomorrow.

Our 1994 Honda Acty "Street" microvan is finally here, after a roughly 6 Month process of buying it in Japan at auction and having it shipped (Hoegh Trapper roll on/roll off auto carrier) to the Port of Baltimore.
We still need to meet at the SoS with our Importer to register, Plate (Historic) and Insure it before hitting the public roads, but bopping around the private road in our subdivision has been pretty fun so far ;^D

Attachments

• IMG_5591.JPG
    IMG_5591.JPG
    325.4 KB · Views: 13
Awesome Acty! Must be fun to drive.
Had my NSX down with Aaron at Pure Tuning a couple weeks ago. Just had him clean up the tune a bit, put in new plugs and fix a small fuel leak at the top of the tank that must have happened when replacing the fuel pump last year. Car laid down the most it ever has on a dyno. Still a blast when I do actually have time to drive it. Hope to get some more miles on it with what is left of the year.
NSXDyno2022.jpg

Any interest, "NSX Club" members?

"American Speed Festival is right around the corner and M1 would like to invite your club to park in a car corral on track for Sunday, October 2nd during the Speed & Style Expo. We have space for Sunday’s events to create a club corral. M1 is offering discounted tickets for club members parking as a club at $25 per club member for Sunday. We need to know how many club members will attend and their names. Tickets to view Speed Ring Friday and Saturday are on sale at the M1 website https://m1concourse.com/asf-purchase-tickets/ however, Friday and Saturday club members must park offsite and shuttle in."

The one on the left looks like a Stearman, my dad flew one of those when I was growing up.
Scan-110418-0009.jpg

Yep - was either a 1938 or a 1941, I cannot remember.

From L to R:

Stearman, Beach A36 Bonanza, and Cessna 421 Golden Eagle.P1090811.JPGP1090818.JPG

On facebook today... familiar faces and the car looks familiar too. Hmmmm.....

1665165135180.png

Back