• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

microfiber and cleaning?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wash them..
Just detergent.,
No fabric softener

Wash Microfiber separately from other laundry microfiber will suck up all the lint from other fabrics.

If you are really loaded you can throw them out too. :eek:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fkong777 said:
Wash Microfiber separately from other laundry microfiber will suck up all the lint from other fabrics.

If you are really loaded you can throw them out too. :eek:
Generally, after I wash my MF towels I don't use them on my NSX. So basically I only use them once to wax the NSX. I don't throw them away - I use them for cleaning of non-visible areas of my NSX, for waxing my other cars and then after the second or third wash I use them around the house. Great for cleaning glass!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used them over and over again without any problems at all. I always wash them separtetly using only liquid detergent. Dry on low, and ready to go again. My current set of polishing microfiber towels are over a year old, and still working perfectly.

I am very careful not to let them ever touch the ground so that they will not capture any extra sand or dirt. I am very particular about scratches and swirl marks, and since I have been using the microfiber towels I have never had any problems like I used to have even using the best of cotton towels.

Just make sure you get good quality ones that are the correct type for the job you want to do, and you should be good regardless of how many times you wash them (within reason).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can reuse them and as already stated, wash in warm water with liquid detergent only (no frangrance or fabric softerner liquid detergent only). Powder detergent sometimes does not dissolve all the way causing a sand paper affect. Also when they are new, wash them before using them since they could've (will have) picked up debris during the manufacturing process.

Also wash the MF seperately and only with MF's and not with any other cotton garments or towels since the MF will suck in all the lint from the cotton items. You should have years of safe use with the MF's.

If you want to read more, click on the link:
http://www.detailingdynamics.com/tipjuly04.html

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is waffle pattern microfiber towel more desired for drying?

For drying purposes, do the waffle pattern microfiber towels serve an advantage over the plush/traditional textured microfiber towels?

Thanks! :smile:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up awful early for cleaning, eh? That nasty old microfibre question kept you awake?

Beautiful car you have there and I hope you mange to keep it clean! Toughest thing on mine is the windows, and they are never clean enough for me.

Zap

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MegaZap said:
Up awful early for cleaning, eh? That nasty old microfibre question kept you awake?

Beautiful car you have there and I hope you mange to keep it clean! Toughest thing on mine is the windows, and they are never clean enough for me.

Zap

I use Zaino Z6 or Zymol quick detailer to clean the windows in conjunction with a microfiber towel. This always gives beautiful results and, as an added bonus, you don't have to worry about getting the window cleaner on the rest of the car when spraying.