• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

mimoUSA Electric Supercharger?

Has anyone seen this item, and is this believable? Checkout the web site

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/blowerinfo.asp
MimoUSA Electric Supercharger!

GET 15-25HP JUST BY CHANGING YOUR AIR INTAKE FILTER

Need boost? Can't afford a turbo or supercharger? Air Intake Blower is an adapter to either your short ram or cold air intake. It will work on absolutely any air intake brand including AEM, Injen, Mimousa, Weapon R etc. Simply remove your current air filter and put the Air Intake Blower as a replacement. It's that simple. The Air Intake Blower is operated on a 12-volt source. This means you can contact it to your battery to get the power. It uses 2.2 amps from your alternator while at work which doesn't create any pressure on it especially while driving at high RPMs. The Air Intake Blower is contacted to a switch inside the car, so whenever you need more power you simply flip the switch and fly away. Air Intake Blower produces 250CFM of forced air into your intake. It is not noisy, it makes a nice sound making it seem like you got something bigger then what you actual have under the hood. A stock turbo from an Audi 1.8T produces 400CFM. Adding an Air Intake Blower will produce more then half of the power than a stock Audi 1.8T turbo would but you don't need to do any modifications to your engine. 250CFM of forced air can also be compared to a 15-25 shot of Nitrous.
Produces 15 – 25 horsepower increase
Generates 250CFM of forced air
Universal Bolt-on, installs on any short ram or cold air intake
K&N Filter included
Installation instructions and all necessary installation hardware included
Pipes are not included, must have either a short ram or cold air intake to install properly
Universal application – Unit will replace your aftermarket air intake filter please check to see if there is enough room by your air intake filter to install the unit.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this intake?Looks interesting.

NSX-TSION7 said:
Has anyone seen this item, and is this believable? Checkout the web site

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/blowerinfo.asp
MimoUSA Electric Supercharger!

GET 15-25HP JUST BY CHANGING YOUR AIR INTAKE FILTER

Need boost? Can't afford a turbo or supercharger? Air Intake Blower is an adapter to either your short ram or cold air intake. It will work on absolutely any air intake brand including AEM, Injen, Mimousa, Weapon R etc. Simply remove your current air filter and put the Air Intake Blower as a replacement. It's that simple. The Air Intake Blower is operated on a 12-volt source. This means you can contact it to your battery to get the power. It uses 2.2 amps from your alternator while at work which doesn't create any pressure on it especially while driving at high RPMs. The Air Intake Blower is contacted to a switch inside the car, so whenever you need more power you simply flip the switch and fly away. Air Intake Blower produces 250CFM of forced air into your intake. It is not noisy, it makes a nice sound making it seem like you got something bigger then what you actual have under the hood. A stock turbo from an Audi 1.8T produces 400CFM. Adding an Air Intake Blower will produce more then half of the power than a stock Audi 1.8T turbo would but you don't need to do any modifications to your engine. 250CFM of forced air can also be compared to a 15-25 shot of Nitrous.
Produces 15 – 25 horsepower increase
Generates 250CFM of forced air
Universal Bolt-on, installs on any short ram or cold air intake
K&N Filter included
Installation instructions and all necessary installation hardware included
Pipes are not included, must have either a short ram or cold air intake to install properly
Universal application – Unit will replace your aftermarket air intake filter please check to see if there is enough room by your air intake filter to install the unit.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this intake?Looks interesting.
MIMOUSA Air Intake Blower
Need boost? Can’t afford a turbo or supercharger? Air Intake Blower is an adapter to either your short ram or cold air intake. It will work on absolutely any air intake brand including AEM, Injen, Mimousa, Weapon R etc. Simply remove your current air filter and put the Air Intake Blower as a replacement. It’s that simple. The Air Intake Blower is operated on a 12-volt source. This means you can contact it to your battery to get the power. It uses 2.2 amps from your alternator while at work which doesn’t create any pressure on it especially while driving at high RPMs. The Air Intake Blower is contacted to a switch inside the car, so whenever you need more power you simply flip the switch and fly away. Air Intake Blower produces 250CFM of forced air into your intake. It is not noisy, it makes a nice sound making it seem like you got something bigger then what you actual have under the hood. A stock turbo from an Audi 1.8T produces 400CFM. Adding an Air Intake Blower will produce more then half of the power than a stock Audi 1.8T turbo would but you don’t need to do any modifications to your engine. 250CFM of forced air can also be compared to a 15-25 shot of Nitrous.

* Produces 15 – 25 horsepower increase
* Generates 250CFM of forced air
* Universal Bolt-on, installs on any short ram or cold air intake
* K&N Filter included
* Installation instructions and all necessary installation hardware included
* Pipes are not included, must have either a short ram or cold air intake to install properly
* Universal application – Unit will replace your aftermarket air intake filter please check to see if there is enough room by your air intake filter to install the unit

Technical Data - How it works: All stock air intakes are designed to intake a certain amount of air. The intake ratio is usually set at only 10% of its full capacity. In other words your stock air intake is designed to only intake 10% of the air that it could intake. This leaves 90% of the air suspended from entering your engine. The reason you get horsepower increase when you get a short ram or cold air intake is because you are no longer restricting the air to come in. The air is being free flowed by your engine itself. If you measure how much capacity is left over after installing a short ram or cold air intake, you will realize that you have about 60%-70% capacity left of potential air to enter your engine. This is where the Air Intake Blower comes to place. It will be help your engine intake more air resulting in making less pressure on the engine itself, horsepower increase and improving gas mileage.

ECU Air Intake Ratio:Each car has an ECU installed to measure how much air ratio is entered into the engine. To get the best results we recommend purchasing a performance chip for your car before installing the Air Intake Blower. The performance chip will tell the ECU to intake more air then usual, which will result in even greater horsepower increase. When the Air Intake Blower will be working, the amount of air that it will force-in will get the ECU confused as to why so much air is being entered. You don't have to worry about ruining your engine or having the ECU malfunction. The ECU will simply adapt to the effect that there is more air being entered and it will let it through, it will not reject it. It will continue to operate as usual. The factory ECU is designed to work at 10% of its capacity. When the Air Intake Blower will be on, the ECU will consider it to be above normal, as it will be working at 70% of its capacity. This is the reason why you can install the Air Intake Blower without modifying any engine parts in your car. Your car was capable of producing this power from the start. It was just never unleashed.

willabeest said:
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/faq.shtml

this seems like a better unit. much better FAQ's.

View Cart
COMPANY
Home
About Us
Privacy Policy
Contact Us
PRODUCTS
e-RAM (1 psi)
Super e-RAM (1.7 psi)
e-RAM Brake Coolers
e-RAM Accessories
Other Performance Products
e-RAM INFORMATION
DYNO TEST Results
LAB TEST Results
e-RAM DEMO VIDEOS
SELECTION GUIDE
INSTALLATION EXAMPLES
CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS
DIMENSIONS & WIRING DIAGRAM
Frequently Asked Questions
e-RAM Technical Overview
Guarantee / Warranty information
e-RAM US PATENT # 6,328,024 B1
DEMO e-RAM UNITS
Any Demo e-RAMs Available Today?
Electric Boost Buyer's Guide
(protection from fraud)
TEAM e-RACING
Driver Bio
Racing Schedule
Media Gallery
GO RACING!
- Feature Articles
- Racetrack Links
- Car Club Links
PARTNER PROGRAMS
e-RAM Affiliate Program
e-RAM Reseller Program
e-RAM Installer Program
FEATURED IN:

e-RAM Information > DYNO Test Results
Click on the links below the dyno chart to view each dyno test result
Acura
Acura Integra (Non-VTEC engine)
Dodge
Dodge Stealth & Mitsubishi 3000GT (same engine)

Dodge '04 Neon with e-RAM-INLINE
Honda
'98 Civic stock: e-RAM
Hyundai
'02 Tiburon: e-RAM

Porsche
'87 928S4 (5.0L)

'84 911 TV

'84 911 stock: e-RAM

'84 911 stock: e-RAM + Super e-RAM

'84 911 stock MK: e-RAM

'84 928 stock: e-RAM

'84 928s intake: e-RAM

'84 928s stock: e-RAM

'83 911 stock CIS injection: e-RAM

'84 Porsche 911 w/intake tube, dual port muffler, & ECU chip

Toyota
'02 Ipsum (2.4L VVti engine) with e-RAM

MR2 stock box: e-RAM

MR2 turbo: e-RAM

The e-RAM is a proven, cost effective way to increase HP. At under $300 dollars, it is a bargain compared with other means of "Bolt on HP".

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE TO "BOLT-ON" PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS VS. REALIZED DYNO PERFORMANCE GAIN:

*Based on a 200 Horsepower, 3.0L, 6 cylinder engine
MODIFICATION COST DYNO GAIN
Headers $300-$500, plus labor ($200) = $500 to $700 4 to 10 HP
Cat Back Exhaust Systems $200 - $700 4-10 HP
Cams $750 - $2,000 (installed) 10-15 HP (mostly changes HP at specific rpm range)
Larger Throttle Bodies $250 - $600 (installed) 5-15 HP
After-market Intakes (short ram and/or cold-air) w/cone filter $200 - $400 (installed) 3-10HP (depends on efficiency of stock intake)
Underdrive Pulleys $100-$200 (installed) 1-3HP
Ignition, Coil, Plug-wires, plugs, etc. $300 (if all are used) 2-4HP
ECU Performance Chip $200-$400 4-10HP
e-RAM Supercharger $300 10HP

The "e-RAM Electric Supercharger" at $300 provides 4% TO 6% HP... DYNO PROVEN. Again, this gain is in additional to whatever modifications you have done already, and it's measured at the wheels.

Finally, unlike any other manufacturer of "bolt-on" performance additions, we GUARANTEE you will see AT LEAST a 4% increase in horsepower by adding the e-RAM on your intake or we will give you your money back!*

*Please look to our performance guarantee section of our web site for terms and conditions*

Website by Dane Designs

willabeest said:

Here is there diagram and ordering instructions:

Acura_NSX_91-95_stock.jpg

And here is another claim / mounting option!

Acura_NSX_91-95_stock_CLOSE-UP.jpg

They didn't have a dyno for the NSX but I would be scared as hell to be the beta tester for that thing. With all the professionals trying to build FI products and having mixed results - I wouldn't hook one of these up to my lawn mower, let alone my $23k short block IMO.

the e-ram looks somewhat "legitimate" - but seriously... I'd have to see results on an NSX from someone I trusted before I'd even considered it.

I’m not an engineer, but I play one here.

willabeest said:
i do not know if this one works but i don't see why someone could not design one that does work.
There are almost as many ways to explain why this does not work (just do a search) as there are vendors selling and idiots buying this junk. If you really want to know what it would take to build one that works, here’s something to consider:

If I recall correctly, someone once wrote that it takes 6 horsepower to spin the BBSC’s compressor at full boost. Compared to other FI systems, this seems very low to me, but I’ll go with it (partially because I did could not find the post, but mostly because a higher number would only weaken the feasibility of an electric supercharger).

The claim is this piece of crap draws 2.2 amps of current. Let’s say this is at 14 volts and let’s say it operates at 100% efficiency. That’s 30.8 watts, which is 30.8 watts x (1 HP / 746 watts) = 0.041 HP. That is not much at all. In fact, your Hoover vacuum needs over 40 times more power to free the tiny little dust bunnies from your carpet.

Anyway, if you want to build an electric supercharger that works like a real supercharger, I suppose you could do so if you find a way to connect about 150 of these things in parallel. Of course, you would also need to beef-up your electrical system to supply a continuous 300+ amps of additional current, but I think you just might have something that would work...

Attachments

• j13346358-O.jpg
    j13346358-O.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,833
Last edited:
SaberX said:
Dude, your pic almost made me wet myself. Thats tight, your post should be on their testamonials page.

Im thinking the same thing. That made me bust up laughing more than I have in months! You must have been at least giggling like like a school girl when you put the last air filter on

DB92 said:
Im thinking the same thing. That made me bust up laughing more than I have in months! You must have been at least giggling like like a school girl when you put the last air filter on

here's another

http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

and read this

o demonstrate the system, Visteon installed VTES in a naturally aspirated 1.2L Fiat Auto SpA engine and a 1.9L Renault SA turbodiesel. In the diesel, the airflow from the VTES is directed through the turbocharger, boosting the intake pressure faster than the turbo alone.

Ultimately, auto makers are interested in reducing the size of their engines if they can get the same performance, because fuel consumption will be lower. Reducing performance is not a marketable option.

Potential benefits are greatest in small- displacement engines. Brown says applications are impractical on engines larger than a 3L turbodiesel or a 2.3L naturally aspirated engine, because larger engines require more air than a 12-volt supercharger can deliver.

Thus, Visteon developed its program with Europe in mind, where engines are smaller than in the U.S. Most European car buyers express interest in enhancing performance, rather than downsizing, says Visteon, and there is more interest in enhancing turbodiesel engines than in boosting gasoline engines.

In a 1.9L diesel, torque is increased about 10% for engine speeds from 1,000 to 2,500 rpm, but there is some benefit even at top speed.

More dramatic results are possible with small gasoline engines. A 1.2L engine with the VTES system performs nearly as well as a 1.8L without VTES, yet fuel economy is 27% better.

Compared to a 1.2L engine without VTES, the more powerful VTES engine's fuel economy is unchanged at 39 mpg (6L/100 km).

"In everyday driving, you use only 30% of the torque available in your engine 90% of the time," says Brown. "You pay a large penalty in fuel economy to have the extra power available that you rarely

someone here on Prime has the e-Ram unit. I remember seeing the e-Ram logo on it (sideways) and wondering what the heck it was.

Speak up, young lad with the e-Ram. What's your experience?

Willabeest why are you even encourging this? Please stop being a conduit for these fake products. Do some basic research, just don't cut and paste.

Ojas has it right: not enough HP (amps).

It doesn't work, it can't work...at least not on a 12V system (OK, it *can* see below). It is very inefficient, might as well just make a hybrid out of your NSX.

How about this for cheap FI:
compressed air cans (for cleaning computer stuff)
Scuba tanks
Gas leafblower

Or:

This operation makes a real electric supercharger for your car:
http://www.boosthead.com/product.php
They estimate 15-30 second boost before completely discharging everything. Seems very legitmate. Requires skilled labor, $1300 and 8 hours to install.

Here is a basic article on power:
http://marshallbrain.blogspot.com/2005/04/electricity-gasoline-and-uranium.html

Drew

drew said:
Willabeest why are you even encourging this? Please stop being a conduit for these fake products. Do some basic research, just don't cut and paste.

Ojas has it right: not enough HP (amps).

It doesn't work, it can't work...at least not on a 12V system (OK, it *can* see below). It is very inefficient, might as well just make a hybrid out of your NSX.

How about this for cheap FI:
compressed air cans (for cleaning computer stuff)
Scuba tanks
Gas leafblower

Or:

This operation makes a real electric supercharger for your car:
http://www.boosthead.com/product.php
They estimate 15-30 second boost before completely discharging everything. Seems very legitmate. Requires skilled labor, $1300 and 8 hours to install.

Here is a basic article on power:
http://marshallbrain.blogspot.com/2005/04/electricity-gasoline-and-uranium.html

Drew
i am not encouraging anything! on the other hand, i do not dismiss anything either. i have read all the posts and looked at all the websites and still have not reached a conclusion. on the other hand if i made a living selling superchargers or turbos i would probably want to discourage people from trying these.

i am not encouraging anything! on the other hand, i do not dismiss anything either.
Dood, by posting their entire ad campaign (without edit!) I see nothing but encouragement.

This product is right up there with penis pills and patches, I'm sure nobody dismisses those either. Oh wait: http://www.zug.com/pranks/penis/index.html

If i made a living selling superchargers or turbos i would probably want to discourage people from trying these.
Can you provide some information to dispute Ojas' claim on the necessary HP required to generate boost?

Any legitimate manufacturer only wants facts, otherwise they would get dragged down in word of mouth "aww, turbo/superchargers don't work, I tried one for $59.99 and it didn't work." Quacks hurt everybody.

I don't even think CARB can shut these people down as the product is completely useless. Might even decrease pollution by introducing a significant obstruction inside the intake.

Drew
/ not associated with any FI product company.

drew said:
i am not encouraging anything! on the other hand, i do not dismiss anything either.
Dood, by posting their entire ad campaign (without edit!) I see nothing but encouragement.

This product is right up there with penis pills and patches, I'm sure nobody dismisses those either. Oh wait: http://www.zug.com/pranks/penis/index.html

If i made a living selling superchargers or turbos i would probably want to discourage people from trying these.
Can you provide some information to dispute Ojas' claim on the necessary HP required to generate boost?

Any legitimate manufacturer only wants facts, otherwise they would get dragged down in word of mouth "aww, turbo/superchargers don't work, I tried one for $59.99 and it didn't work." Quacks hurt everybody.

I don't even think CARB can shut these people down as the product is completely useless. Might even decrease pollution by introducing a significant obstruction inside the intake.

Drew
i post the stuff so i can get educated (hopefully) commentary form people on the list. i have duly noted your "educated" commentary. now i would like to hear from someone who has tried one.
i never would have bought my NSX if i was not willing to keep an open mind.
i would probably be driving an M5 or M3 now instead.

drew said:

Drew

Three points-
1) Emmisions increase with air flow obstructions because combustion efficienct decreases, and MAP measures vac, not flow.

2)Its no good claiming you have no FI asociation because a) I know whats in your garage :biggrin: AND b) we have exchanged at least four e-mails in the last two years :eek:

3) The worst thing about putting cheap devices in your airstream (getting serious here) is what happens when they come apart and at the very least cause a stuck WOT and at the very worst spit metal bits into your engine.

I have never seen an electric SC come apart that way but I HAVE seen a TURBOTORNADOSWIRLYTHING come apart in an NSX and blow up a motor. And, they are both 59.95.

TTFWIW,
MB

Back