• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mita Motorsports replacement B pillar covers

Anyone try these? My B pillars on my 92 are showing signs of aging and I want to replace them. Lots of aftermarket options fit terribly. I’m trying to decide if I should paint my OEM or just get the Mita that are pre painted. My car is Black so they will match if it’s painted an OEM color. But I’m curious about the fit and finish. Anyone purchased these and can comment? It would be nice if I can just bolt the old ones off and put these on at the same time. For $300 for both sides I would get them for convenience of putting the car back together right away. It is winter time so maybe I should just have my OEM re finished.

Interested also. Mine have sun fade from the previous owner and was wondering about repaint vs. replace. I've also thought about getting them and the roof wrapped.

I think the Mita wet carbon ones are actually made / designed by KSP. I had a set and they didn’t fit very well. These new ABS Mita ones are probably a different fitment and designed by Mita instead of a 3rd party.

Thanks for the heads up on these btw, I had no idea! I’ll probably get a set instead of painting my super faded stock ones

I think the Mita wet carbon ones are actually made / designed by KSP. I had a set and they didn’t fit very well. These new ABS Mita ones are probably a different fitment and designed by Mita instead of a 3rd party.

Thanks for the heads up on these btw, I had no idea! I’ll probably get a set instead of painting my super faded stock ones
Yep, I have the ABS Mita ones where they manufactured them in-house. It seems like a CF overlay over ABS. The quality is decent, not perfect, but decent….then again, my NSX paint isn’t perfect either.

Yep, I have the ABS Mita ones where they manufactured them in-house. It seems like a CF overlay over ABS. The quality is decent, not perfect, but decent….then again, my NSX paint isn’t perfect either.
I have the same ones (painted) and I think the quality is excellent.

20210418_211606.jpg

Looks nice. Did you paint them off or on the car? My commentary around finish is that the weave looks slightly off on certain areas. Since you painted yours, your finish would be on the same level as your paint job, which looking at your affinity for perfection, is probably damn good. I won’t be able to comment on fitment until after install.

I’ve had these parts since January 😆 . Still haven’t found the energy to install them.

Looks nice. Did you paint them off or on the car? My commentary around finish is that the weave looks slightly off on certain areas. Since you painted yours, your finish would be on the same level as your paint job, which looking at your affinity for perfection, is probably damn good. I won’t be able to comment on fitment until after install.

I’ve had these parts since January 😆 . Still haven’t found the energy to install them.
They were painted off the car. The painter had to do a little prep- scuff, sand and just a super-light coat of filler. Then a coat of the gray sealer-primer. They came out flawless- no waviness or anything.

IMG_20201019_1120096381.jpgIMG_20201019_1144490211.jpgIMG_20201019_1652009191.jpg

Well, it looks like I’m a “hotboi” wannabe lol. The main reason for the CF Mita replacements for me was the cost of having my OEM ones resprayed due to clear coat fade. It was actually cheaper to just get the Mita ones. I’ll also keep the OEM’s just in case I ever get around to painting them.

Well, it looks like I’m a “hotboi” wannabe lol. The main reason for the CF Mita replacements for me was the cost of having my OEM ones resprayed due to clear coat fade. It was actually cheaper to just get the Mita ones. I’ll also keep the OEM’s just in case I ever get around to painting them.
For me it was weight savings. Every gram counts on the touge!

My OEM B pillars are sun faded and it’s cheaper to replace them with the Mita then paint the OEM. They come Painted and in a Carbon Skin but I’m probably going to just get the painted ones because I’m not sure if the pillars will match my NSXR spoiler. It looks like they fit is OEM like quality. The other reason I’m leaning towards the Mita is I can order them and remove and install them the same day and not have to wait on my paint guy.

Last edited:
My OEM B pillars are sun faded and it’s cheaper to replace them with the Mita then paint the OEM. They come Painted and in a Carbon Skin but I’m probably going to just get the painted ones because I’m not sure if the pillars will match my NSXR spoiler. It looks like they fit is OEM like quality. The other reason I’m leaning towards the Mita is I can order them and remove and install them the same day and not have to wait on my paint guy.
FWIW the current version MITA pillars are FAR better designed then the ones I have, which were the original run of the CF-over-ABS version. Mine have none of the stiffening ribs or posts for the factory snap pegs that these new ones do! Just the two bolt studs. These new ones should be even better.

The pure black ones are already prepainted in gloss black. The CF ones are already clear coated.

The mounting tabs are made in metal to allow for a sturdy installation.

We spent a lot of time making sure the fitment is OEM and figuring out how to mold metal within the ABS plastic.

Small things like these that we do go unappreciated.

Back