• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mita Motorsports

Hello all.
I've been on NSXPrime since 2003, but haven't been visiting the site too much over the last couple of years. I have a 1998 black on black NSX that I have owned since 2003 as well. Have just recently acquired some energy to play with my cars more and currently have my NSX being ceramic coated. As well as the coating, I am wanting to replace my fender liners. They aren't in bad shape, but new ones would definitely enhance the overall looks of my car. I ran across a video showing someone replacing a right rear liner with a new one from Mita Motorsports. I didn't realize the liners were still available. Does anyone have a feedback regarding Mita? Looked up the prices and they seem reasonable, but I have not heard of Mita. As I said, I haven't been following Prime too much in quite a while. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Prompt delivery, or long wait since it's coming from Japan?

Very prompt delivery. They usually ship out on Friday, so if you get your order in before then, the package shows up at your door rather quickly. The only time there is delay is when the Honda warehouse is out of stock and you have to wait for a new shipment. I doubt the wheel liners are on back order, considering how many NSXs are going thorough the refresh program over there every week.

I've ordered a ton of stuff from them, very good vendor.

Yeah, I've had nothing but great luck with Mita... especially get OEM Type R parts and other stuff. It generally gets here pretty quick too when it's in stock.

Just to provide some options for you. Amayama (https://www.amayama.com/en) has been a game changer for me lately. OEM parts on the cheap and their shipping is prompt and packaged very very well. Yen is on a 30% discount right now too.

If you order from there they've got an unorthodox order confirmation process though. You'll get an order confirmation via email the next day prior to finalizing the order.

So I did order a few goodies from Mita. Prices are pretty good, but then shipping screws up the cost savings? Oh well, I ordered a few more minor items and it didn't change shipping cost. Only way to find out is to pull the trigger. Thank you to all who responded.

I agree with RYU on Amayama. Super easy to order and prices are very fair right now, whereas other vendors seem to peg yen to dollar at 100 to 1 regardless of the exchange rate and don’t ever seem to update it aside from shipping on top. Nice thing is they verify stock before you have to pay which I personally think is great…only thing is you have to go through the parts diagram to find the specific part or search by part number.

Last edited:
So far, nothing from Mita? They have charged my card, but nothing yet regarding a tracking number. In fairness, they do say order status could take up to 15 business days for order to process. I still have 4 or 5 days to wait for a notification but I'm getting anxious. lol.
On another note however, I did send my CCU to BrianK and his services are outstanding. He repaired my unit the same day he received it. Can't ask for better service than that!

So far, nothing from Mita? They have charged my card, but nothing yet regarding a tracking number. In fairness, they do say order status could take up to 15 business days for order to process. I still have 4 or 5 days to wait for a notification but I'm getting anxious. lol.
On another note however, I did send my CCU to BrianK and his services are outstanding. He repaired my unit the same day he received it. Can't ask for better service than that!

Brian K is the best! Glad to see he's still providing world class service to the NSX community.

I spoke too soon yesterday? Got all of my tracking numbers last night from Mita. Now, curious how long it will take to get to me. Delivery date is shown as pending.

I'm amazed at how quick FedEx got my parts from Mita to my doorstep. Got the shipping notice and tracking late on Monday. Wednesday it was delivered. 3 days from Tokyo to Indianapolis. Amazing! I can't get UPS from Elkart Indiana to Indy in that short amount of time. Lol. I'm a happy customer.

I'm amazed at how quick FedEx got my parts from Mita to my doorstep. Got the shipping notice and tracking late on Monday. Wednesday it was delivered. 3 days from Tokyo to Indianapolis. Amazing! I can't get UPS from Elkart Indiana to Indy in that short amount of time. Lol. I'm a happy customer.

I was going to chime in. But I figured just what you found out. Mita does a very good job for us and I am beyond happy they do!

NSX community support.

+++++++++++

On a logistical note, I watch the overseas air freight that comes in to Indy's Int'l Airport daily, and it's amazing. No wonder.
Close-in Elkhart is in the sticks !!

I've used Mita too. I have had wrong parts shipped in the past, and it was a pain to deal with them to send me the right parts. They are a bit premium priced too, especially if you factor in the shipping.

I have an unrelated question about service in the midwest (St Louis/Chicago/Indianapolis areas- I live in Champaign, IL). Any recommendations on expert NSX/Honda service/ trouble shooting/ experienced techs? I used to use John Vasos with Asteri Motorsports, Milwaukee Wisconsin, but my understanding is that he is no longer in business due to his medical situation. Any recommendations? I'm looking for a place that has access to parts, service tools, and contacts in Japan like John did. He could find parts that the local Acura dealers could not get. He maintained a list of 200-300 NSXs around the country. Thanks for any suggestions and feedback. Phil

I've used Mita too. I have had wrong parts shipped in the past, and it was a pain to deal with them to send me the right parts. They are a bit premium priced too, especially if you factor in the shipping.

I have an unrelated question about service in the midwest (St Louis/Chicago/Indianapolis areas- I live in Champaign, IL). Any recommendations on expert NSX/Honda service/ trouble shooting/ experienced techs? I used to use John Vasos with Asteri Motorsports, Milwaukee Wisconsin, but my understanding is that he is no longer in business due to his medical situation. Any recommendations? I'm looking for a place that has access to parts, service tools, and contacts in Japan like John did. He could find parts that the local Acura dealers could not get. He maintained a list of 200-300 NSXs around the country. Thanks for any suggestions and feedback. Phil
You’re about 3 1/2 hours’ drive from Source 1 in Cincinnati. Worth the drive IMO.

I just received yet another shipment from MITA last week. They have recently required your signing a statement indicating understanding that there is a 14 day processing period, as you are finalizing your order. I suspect this allows time to source parts from Honda (in my case). Once they ship, though, it’s virtually overnight. Will continue to use MITA.

Back