• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MITA NSX Exhaust Review

I have owned quite a few exhausts during my short 2 year ownership. I am always chasing maximum sound/performance without ruining the driving experience in the cabin. There is a balance between maximum sound, cabin noise and performance and I think the MITA exhaust has managed to encapsulate all these aspects at the most attractive price for the quality of item being sold.

In Order of which i tested them:

SOS Endura-Lite(actually not bad all around, i just wanted more sound)
Taitec GTLW (worse quality than the SOS EL, but a bit raspy and muffler was rusted inside)
Angus APXV2(WICKED drone at 2500rpm, but had adjustable tips)
Comptech Sports(massive muffler,barely any noise but looked good with the tips)
STMPO Messiah(these are basically straight pipes, sounds "meh" but very very loud and massive drone)
Top-Speed Dual Canister (kinda bad fitment and mediocre sound)
Pride V2 RFL(loud but a bit of a drone, sounds pretty good but rather raspy)

and now finally the MITA Motorsports NSX Exhaust.

1. The quality of this exhaust is by far the best, the material is very good quality and the welds have proper penetration and consistency. I cannot speak for other brands but the quality is that of an exhaust triple the price and actually readily available. He is making them in BC so the shipping to the US is not bad and usually pretty reliable.

2. Support- I can bother Marc anytime i want to via FB messenger, email and HE WILL ACTUALLY RESPOND PROMPTLY,:biggrin:. Try that with some of the overseas tuning houses, its impossible to get a hold of some these places directly or the language barrier is a problem. Many of the better Japanese tuning shops use a US distributors which place a massive non-negotiable markup and then they still have to order it. I deal directly with Marc Perez at MITA.

3. Its very loud but only outside of the car, it doesnt drone anywhere in the cabin throughout the whole RPM range. Its honestly like a cheat-code. It is as loud as my RFL but the sound is more baritone (true to the C30) and it revs more freely.

4. Bang for the buck Design- The MITA exhaust takes design notes from some of the most well known Japanese NSX tuners but distills it in Marc's own design which is higher quality and has smaller mufflers for more sound and performance. This design is about as close you can have to straight pipes but still have performance and quality sound without drone:cool:

Overall I will rate this as the best exhaust currently available for the Gen1 NSX and i doubt anyone outside of a shop will have tried that many exhausts on the same car, with their own money. I am in no way sponsored by MITA, I pay for all my kit out of my own pocket. I just believe more owners should know about this exhaust before spending money elsewhere. I affectionately have nicknamed the exhaust Raijin (雷神) Japanese god of thunder, lightning, and storms because it honestly gives the NSX the gravitas it otherwise lacks in sound.

Lucky for you (and me): It is currently on sale
https://www.mitamotorsports.com/1st-gen/exhaust

I flip flop between the SOS and this Mita one daily, both seem like the best options.

I flip flop between the SOS and this Mita one daily, both seem like the best options.

The SOS Endura-Lite was also pretty good, quality/fitment was nice as well. My only gripe was that it wasnt that loud, im sure for 90% of people it would have been fine but I really wanted as loud as possible without being annoying/drone. The SOS-EL was a deep sound, kind of like a V8 i liked it, just wished it was louder. I also thought the design was good and it made power.

Personally, I usually ride with the windows down or top-off so i like every drive in the NSX to be an "experience"

The MITA exhaust is an experience in itself. Its really loud...but only outside of the car, inside cabin noise is not that much. You could daily an NSX with this exhaust. The people behind you will just think your in an JGTC Touring car:biggrin:. I also like that the MITA exhaust is not something everyone has, its rare and it "looks" more impressive under the car. I like to think of the MITA exhaust something like a more "Baritone RFL" that has no rasp and makes good power.

Hey guys please forgive my lack of knowledge . . . can this effect emissions testing ? I just had an extremely difficult time getting my 97 (stock) to clear smog testing (California) but I'm itching to get a new exhaust. Thank you in advance.

Hey guys please forgive my lack of knowledge . . . can this effect emissions testing ? I just had an extremely difficult time getting my 97 (stock) to clear smog testing (California) but I'm itching to get a new exhaust. Thank you in advance.

The muffler is after the cats, so if you have catalytic converters on your car, emissions should not be affected. It sounds like your OEM cats might be failing.

Dears, acutally running Taitec headers, Procar cats and taitec GTLW exhaust.
Is the MITA exhaust lauder than the Taitec GTLW ? What's about the weight comparison ?

Back