• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mitsu Evo 4 piston calipers (brembo) on the NSX

I can find these Evo 4 piston brembo calipers fairly cheap on ebay or other forums. Has anyone tried these on the nsx before?
I can have the brackets made to fit the NSX, but what I'm trying to see is if there's any other issues except the wheel clearance?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mits...005QQitemZ150278811625QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
c485_1.JPG

Thanks
Rahim

actually , you can't have brackets made , they won't line up , I have tried this , to the point of machining them and redrilling them to fit , what I have now is a set of calipers that can bolt on the nsx but you still need to either find a rotor (possibly racing brake) or make custom ones , then you need wheels to clear as they stick out alot , as it is I am into them for about $300 for calipers, $400 in machining and , unlimited hours of annoyance !
so If you are asking if it is worth it the answer is no!

actually , you can't have brackets made , they won't line up , I have tried this , to the point of machining them and redrilling them to fit , what I have now is a set of calipers that can bolt on the nsx but you still need to either find a rotor (possibly racing brake) or make custom ones , then you need wheels to clear as they stick out alot , as it is I am into them for about $300 for calipers, $400 in machining and , unlimited hours of annoyance !
so If you are asking if it is worth it the answer is no!

Wow, ok thanks. That is exactly the info I was looking for. Have you tried any other calipers? I remember reading someone using the new RL calipers.

I also found JDM integra type-R Brembo calipers on ebay, it looks like these would be easier to fit since the housing is made to fit the Acura/Honda.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jdm-...011QQitemZ320280466885QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
DC5BremboCaliper010.jpg

DC5BremboCaliper009.jpg

DC5BremboCaliper014.jpg

these will bolt right on , the rotor is the same dia. as 91-96 , but the thickness not . Nsx rotor is thicker, you would need to machine a spacer for the caliper in order to make it thicker, then get longer bolts - at this point , you'll be wishing you just bought a stoptech kit!!!!!

Theirs a reason why EVO owners upgrade their rotors.

Save up for just the Brembo GT front kit. It will be more than you need and is a great kit.

Back