• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mitsubishi Starion-Conquest ESIR-TSI

I had one in 1995 an 88 all white and again in 02 89 blue fully loaded. I still think its one of the prettiest machines if not the second best looking car from Japan after NSX-TT300ZX. Anyone owned one experiences? I believe EIP has a 10 second car. I am looking for another blue or yellow need a toy.:biggrin:

This is the car that started the Japanese tuning trend, Jackie Chan drove one in cannonball run early 80's movie even has aluminum wheels. :biggrin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Starion
http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?act=idx
132mph pass clocking in at 10.32
http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0802_turp_1987_dodge_conquest_tsi/index.html

Attachments

• StarionTSI.JPG
    StarionTSI.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
That was always one of my favorite cars too:wink:

Always loved those in the 80s. I went the Daytona Shelby Z route, but still thought the Starion was so cool. It's funny how dated they look now but I still love them.

My forklift has the same four cylinder as your Starion.

Really!

Just no turbo. When I order parts for it, it is easier to tell Pep Boys it's a Mitsubishi than tell them its a Clark.

I liked them a lot too. There was a beautiful electric blue color that was the shizzle on the car. I don't think I'd buy one these days, but I still have a place in my heart for the 80's turbo japanesse cars.

I had a black one('88) I wanted to do a 2.4 swap with large single on.. but never got around to working on it. I sold it about a year ago. I'd like to buy a finished product some day.

That was one of my fav. cars until the Eclipse GSX and Turbo came out.
Conqest and Starion was fun to drive. I like the way the fender flairs look.
The console and gadgets was pretty cool cuz it was some what digital.

DAMN! i sure do miss my fiji blue.

Attachments

• conquest 10-19-02 001.jpg
    conquest 10-19-02 001.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 78
  • conquest 10-19-02 002.jpg
    conquest 10-19-02 002.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 49
A guy here at work has a nice white one. They have some nice lines. Mitsubishi pioneered the counter balanced 4 cyl.

4G54B...I had a built one in my 2nd Gen Dodge Challenger spent a heap of $$$ on it.

I agree it is one of the best looking cars ever built imho. The only problem they have is a tendency to blow hg's and alot of people do a 4g63 swap which I believe they have kits for. Anyway I did them also.:wink:

I agree it is one of the best looking cars ever built imho. The only problem they have is a tendency to blow hg's and alot of people do a 4g63 swap which I believe they have kits for. Anyway I did them also.:wink:

My buddy blew the head gasket on his. Of course, he was doing doughnuts in a church parking lot. That's asking for bad karma, lol.

I work with a guy that has one. He had a Grand National turbo V6 professionally installed. It's a monster.

Back