• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

mom, 4 kids booted off swa flight

White trash at it's finest. The mother should of told the kids to sit down or she would eat them like she did the other 3 kids.

I think that's the group of people that always sit behind me.:eek:

White trash at it's finest. The mother should of told the kids to sit down or she would eat them like she did the other 3 kids.

1) "its" without an apostrophe
2) should've, not "should of"

If you are going to poke fun at rednecks, make sure you don't come across as one. :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

reminds me of the adage, "doesn't matter how good lookin' or hot she is, there's somebody - somewhere - that's tired of takin' sh*t from her."

:biggrin:

Southwest seems to come under fire for allowing their flight crews to make judgement calls regarding passenger behavior. I am thinking about lawsuits filed by female passengers after being asked to cover up, or being barred from a flight for suggestive clothing. They have drawn ire from news agencies repeatedly over the last few years.

There are 149 passengers on those planes. If one passenger, or in this case family of passengers engage in unruly behavior it jeopardizes, or at the very least inconveniences the rest of the passengers. So how do you make the call? Inconvenience a few disruptive people, or the 140 or so other people who just want to get where they are going?

I am about to become a parent for the first time, so I realize that I am not speaking from a position of experience, but it drives me nuts when I see parents that let their children engage in disruptive behavior in public. Let me clarify- I am not talking about crying infants (that happens, can't be prevented) I am talking about toddlers, and elementary aged children that are allowed to run around free range and engage in disruptive behaviors that effect others-

A few weeks ago my wife and I were out to dinner with another couple, and a 3-4 year old walked under our table and stuck her head up our friends skirt. the mother then came over and dragged her off without a word of apology. The toddler returned a few minutes later and grabbed at the food on my plate. Again the mother retrieved the child without a word, so I asked her to please keep the child in hand (almost my exact words), and she gave me a look like I was an asshole for saying anything.

I watched that report with that experience in mind, and having seen the Mother, and Aunts demeanor I have a feeling that in this case the airline was probably justified. I am interested in seeing the rebuttal from the carrier.

Philip

Last edited:
Southwest seems to come under fire for allowing their flight crews to make judgement calls regarding passenger behavior. I am thinking about lawsuits filed by female passengers after being asked to cover up, or being barred from a flight for suggestive clothing. They have drawn ire from news agencies repeatedly over the last few years.

There are 149 passengers on those planes. If one passenger, or in this case family of passengers engage in unruly behavior it jeopardizes, or at the very least inconveniences the rest of the passengers. So how do you make the call? Inconvenience a few disruptive people, or the 140 or so other people who just want to get where they are going?

I am about to become a parent for the first time, so I realize that I am not speaking from a position of experience, but it drives me nuts when I see parents that let their children engage in disruptive behavior in public. Let me clarify- I am not talking about crying infants (that happens, can't be prevented) I am talking about toddlers, and elementary aged children that are allowed to run around free range and engage in disruptive behaviors that effect others-

A few weeks ago my wife and I were out to dinner with another couple, and a 3-4 year old walked under our table and stuck her head up our friends skirt. the mother then came over and dragged her off without a word of apology. The toddler returned a few minutes later and grabbed at the food on my plate. Again the mother retrieved the child without a word, so I asked her to please keep the child in hand (almost my exact words), and she gave me a look like I was an asshole for saying anything.

I watched that report with that experience in mind, and having seen the Mother, and Aunts demeanor I have a feeling that in this case the airline was probably justified. I am interested in seeing the rebuttal from the carrier.

Philip

If you don't beat them now, the cops will later :) Also about 4 months ago I was going to my friends home and passed a suv going slow in the 2 lane road that becomes 1 lane, he got on my ass until I got to my friends home. He got out and starting cussing at me every other word with his driver door open as his kid sat in his seat in the back of the car. As he was going crazy I told him "I hope you remember this and how much of a retard you are acting right now in front of you kid using foul language" He stopped for a second and said he was going to call the cops, I told him I would wait if he would like and he got pissed off and left. I really feel sorry for people that do not think and just react like a dog getting kicked.

Last edited:
HAhahahahahahaha.

Philip

See that all too often. It's a sticky situation I don't like to be in.

Philip

After dinner. I would have just sent the check over to their table and walked out. Being the smart ass that I am, I would have probably added "one voyeur show & buffet" on to the check first.

And I hope that SWA charged that lady for TWO seats. Folks, airline seats are commodities not rides.... if you take up two seats, you pay for two seats!!! Fortunately, I don't have to pay anymore but if I did I would be mad as hell if I bought a seat and ended up with 3/4 of one because I was sitting next to some fat ass like that. FYI: Our policy at Delta is the flight is full and you complain PRIOR to departure about the fat ass next to you then they will remove the fat person! The Customer Service Rep may tell you otherwise because they would rather deal with you than deal with the awkwardness of the fat person, but official policy.... make the fat person buy two seats or take the next flight. You bought a whole seat, you get a whole seat.

Last edited:
is there a similar policy for passengers with B.O.?

Good question. I was on a BA flight from Glasgow to London and the guy behind me had TERRIBLE B.O. Honest to God, I thought I was going to get sick.:frown:

is there a similar policy for passengers with B.O.?

Yes... if you complain early enough when there is still time to boot them then they will. If you wait until the last minute prior to closing the door, they won't want to take the delay to sort it all out. Once again, if the Customer Rep tells you that you can take the next flight.... tell them to call a supervisor "right now" because that is not official policy. It's more convenient for them to deal with you because you are complaining than trying to tell someone they smell like crap and have to take the next flight.

Yes... if you complain early enough when there is still time to boot them then they will. If you wait until the last minute prior to closing the door, they won't want to take the delay to sort it all out. Once again, if the Customer Rep tells you that you can take the next flight.... tell them to call a supervisor "right now" because that is not official policy. It's more convenient for them to deal with you because you are complaining than trying to tell someone they smell like crap and have to take the next flight.

What about if the girl sitting next to me is too ugly?:biggrin:

CNN feedback said:
Great Job! Teach the children how to behave and stop imposing your bad behavior and bad manners (or lack of them) on the rest of us. We pay airfare too! Your kids are your responsibility not the airlines, not the other passengers. Either control them (and I am not talking about crying children) or don't fly with them, drive in your own car! Way to go SWA. Time for other airlines to take note and do the same with unruly children and drunk passengers!

Looks like there are others who agree... I pulled that quote direct from the CNN feedback list. Lots of similar sentiments posted too.

Anyone else notice @ about the :22 mark- the "pregnant sister" pulls a cigarette out of her handbag... Well, at least the baby will have a lower birthweight- ought to be easier for her to deliver that way...

Jeeze I can't believe the stupidity of people...

Philip

Last edited:
southwest seems to come under fire for allowing their flight crews to make judgement calls regarding passenger behavior. I am thinking about lawsuits filed by female passengers after being asked to cover up, or being barred from a flight for suggestive clothing. They have drawn ire from news agencies repeatedly over the last few years.

I am about to become a parent for the first time, so i realize that i am not speaking from a position of experience, but it drives me nuts when i see parents that let their children engage in disruptive behavior in public. Let me clarify- i am not talking about crying infants (that happens, can't be prevented) i am talking about toddlers, and elementary aged children that are allowed to run around free range and engage in disruptive behaviors that effect others-

a few weeks ago my wife and i were out to dinner with another couple, and a 3-4 year old walked under our table and stuck her head up our friends skirt. The mother then came over and dragged her off without a word of apology. The toddler returned a few minutes later and grabbed at the food on my plate. Again the mother retrieved the child without a word, so i asked her to please keep the child in hand (almost my exact words), and she gave me a look like i was an asshole for saying anything.

I watched that report with that experience in mind, and having seen the mother, and aunts demeanor i have a feeling that in this case the airline was probably justified. I am interested in seeing the rebuttal from the carrier.

Philip

amen

so let me get this straight, instead of disciplining thier dumb ass kids who got them kicked off the flight, they prefer to call the news and cry?

when i was a child my ass woulda been spanked for hours if i got my parents kicked off a flight.

i cant believe this is news, its like "hey, im a horrible person who shouldnt be allowed to raise kids" the cituation would be 10 times worse if the family was black because the airline would be racist now.

i can imagine the pilot though "IF YOU DONT SIT DOWN AND STFU IM GONNA TURN THIS PLANE AROUND!":tongue:

yikes, that grandmother looks younger than her daughter and check out the butch haircut.......scary.

Seems family is FULL of health problems. Family tree must resemble a cocoNUT tree.

38327mr75_w.jpg

thats probably their family tree, they take white trash to a new level, i didnt know white trash people could fly?

What about if the girl sitting next to me is too ugly?:biggrin:

That reminds me of a flight I had awhile back. We flew to Pheonix for an all day meeting for work. There were 2 of us, me and a pretty old guy who reminds me of a scientists that sits in the lab 18 hours a day and has almost zero social skills. Before the flight home we are sitting in the terminal and there is one girl there that stands out from everyone. (In a gorgeous kind of way) Guess who she sits next to?! Not me, but the guy I was with! Who do I complain to about that?! :biggrin:

squidbillies-show.jpg

Back