• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Monthly Meet Update

I am posting a note from our friend Brian who owns PLAY (described below). Please respond and let us know if you are good with this change of venue.

Hello Fellow NSX Owners,

It has been recently brought to my attention that the Monthly OC Meet will no longer be available. Some of you have been to the NSX Taco Tuesday meets at Play, so you are familiar with the venue. For those that have not, it is a few minutes away from South Coast Acura with a private parking lot that is lower car friendly. We are basically a small bar/lounge with video games and a taco stand. On Tuesdays, we have a Taco Tuesday Special starting at 7pm and serving food until midnight and the bar does last call at 1:30am. Tacos are $1 for Chicken and $2 for Steak, $4 beers, and $6 Patron, Jameson, Ciroc shots. It is a very comfortable venue whether you want to hang out in the parking lot all night, or hang out in the patio or lounge area. Free soda, juice, and water will be provided to all attendees and no purchase is necessary to hang out. Obviously we want to keep the revving down to a minimum as with all mature car meets since there are neighbors and condos across the street. We can start this next week on Tuesday June 12th if you guys are interested. I'm looking forward to meeting those I have not met and see everyone I have not seen in a while. Thank you guys!

Attachments

• 1374.jpg
    1374.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 1373.jpg
    1373.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 1372.jpg
    1372.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 152
  • 2 Plate.jpg
    2 Plate.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 1 menu.jpg
    1 menu.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 472
I'll be there and looking forward to this being our new monthly meet venue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian's joint is a lot of fun and a great place for a car meet. What happened with South Coast Acura though? Did we have a falling out? =/

Brian's joint is a lot of fun and a great place for a car meet. What happened with South Coast Acura though? Did we have a falling out? =/

The owner sold the dealership. We will see in the future if the new owner is willing to host the meets and continue to give NSXCA members a discount on parts. We want to give the new owner time to settle in before talking to him. So for now the meets will be at Play and starting next month will be on the first Tuesday each month.

Good info, thanks Les. Glad it wasn't bad apples ruining it for everyone else, as is often the case with meets.

Oh, so now it's Tuesdays! Darn. I'm in town and thought I'd go to South Coast.

Stay a few more days and come next Tuesday.

We were about to go to the meet tonight :heart-borken:. Appreciate Matt for hosting NSX meets for many years!

Yay, look forward to have some tasty tacos. Thanks Brian!

This is Ferdie from South Coast Acura. We were set up for you guys last night. Ill let you guys know what the new owner says about monthly meets.

This is Ferdie from South Coast Acura. We were set up for you guys last night. Ill let you guys know what the new owner says about monthly meets.

Hey Ferdie it's Les. I spoke to Matt early last week to see if he was going to still have a meet this month since he sold the dealership. He said he would let me know by last Friday the 1st if it was still on but he never called. I didn't want to keep bothering him as he has had a lot to deal with lately.

Hey Ferdie it's Les. I spoke to Matt early last week to see if he was going to still have a meet this month since he sold the dealership. He said he would let me know by last Friday the 1st if it was still on but he never called. I didn't want to keep bothering him as he has had a lot to deal with lately.

Sorry for the miscommunication

Everything BUT an address (?).

Is this it ?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/play-costa-mesa

<address style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: normal; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">841 Baker St
Costa Mesa, CA 92626</address>

Back